Campbells Soup / a bad can of soup

1 Canada Review updated:

I am a big Campbells fan. Thats all I buy. But the other day I opened a can of Clam Chouder soup and heated it. It kind of smelt funny, but I didnt think anything of it. Me and my 2 kids began to eat it, when I immediatley noticed the SOUR taste. Iran to my kids bowls, but they already took a few bites. Well they were sick. Try having a 7 year old and a 9 year old vomiting as well as yourself. Something was definetly wrong with that soup. I dont normally complain about things, but campbells needs to check in with their maufactures.

Comments

• Ro
      2nd of Mar, 2009

Campbell's Soup is all that you buy? It has to be some of the most unhealthy soup on the market with it's high levels of sodium and MSG, yes...MSG. They have over 90 soups containing it even though they blantantly advertise against that fact. I would start buying organic soups for your children because they have healthier ingredients and healthier quality control.

• Ea
      12th of Aug, 2009

I also have grown up on campbells soup and continue to feed myself and my kids on a company based on tradition as well as nutrishition. Any company dealing with food products are going to have their mistakes. Being capable of catching them before they hit the market place could be a challenge in itself. Your going have people not doing their jobs and letting things slip by un-noticed. Certainly no company nor person can call themselves perfect. To do so would indeed show their ignorance.
    Just today I opened a can of chicken Noodle Soup only to find some sort of grayish slime on top of noodles inside the can! Did it turn my stomach? You Bet! Even ruined my appetite for now, but ### happens! Like I said, nobodies perfect!
    In all my years of eating Campbells Soup, this is the first encounter I have had with their soup being tarnished. So What! Deal With It! and Move On!!!
    It by no means has discouraged me from eating their foods. It's just like everything else you buy nowdays;inspect it before you eat it. It's that simple!!!
    The only request I would have of Campbells is please keep these things in check.Don't let a legecy become shamed by a few needless workers. And as far as organic foods are concerned! Don't be such a fool! You'de be suprinsed what you might actually be eating. At least Campbell's has a proven record and a long exsistance to stand on. That's more than most!!! Good Luck!!

30th of Mar, 2017

@Eagle Eye ### shill, yeah keep feeding your kids toxic and unhealthy ingredients for the sake of "tradition" this company has lost all integrity you might as well just take your kids to Burger King, same ingredients [censored]. Wake up your false idealistic Vision of American culture is just years of brainwashing by the television.

• Rb
      3rd of Dec, 2010

I opened a can of chicken noodle soup to discover...there is no chicken in this entire can. Either put the chicken in the chicken soup or change the name to noodle soup.

• Ro
      11th of Feb, 2012

Yes i bought 2 cans of cream of potatoe soup and both cans had burnt potatoes at the point it smelled burnt... I love campbells soup have eaten it almost all of my life with no complaints... But the cook must have fallen asleep on this batch... At the price of food these days i can, t aford to buy food and throw it away. Because i am on a fixed income... My email is[ pettryronald@yahoo.com]

3rd of Sep, 2012

Here in the UK Campbells Cream of Chicken "Selections" is absolute ###.
    I am cross because their UK Micky Mouse operation treats this fact as a joke.
    They are DISHONEST anyway since the ### contains only 1percent of "chicken"
    and about 50percent potato.
    The brand is dead -all they care about is money.
    Quality went down the toilet some years ago -now its "lets con the stupid Brits"
    [censored] them

6th of Sep, 2012

Just open a can fobaked potato with cheddar and bacon bits and what ever is in it should be turn over to health dept. there was black slim on top of the can and it was 18.8 oz not sure if it a foreign object or Somalia . will turn over tomarrow to have tested
    marie taylor
    347Bluebonnet dr
    Kerrville, texas 78028
    9-06-2012

• Bk
      25th of Jul, 2013

I read somewhere today about Campbells soup sales being down. Well, I know I buy fewer cans and here's why. What have you done to your condensed soups? I grew up eating your (then) delicious soups and so did my children. But now, the soups---especially the vegetable ones---have something in them that tastes horrible. It tastes heavy in some kinds of spices or seasonings? Garlic? I opened a beef and barley today and it had that same awful taste. The whole think was brown---even the barley. The potatoes in the vegetable soups are also brown. It no longer looks, smells, or tastes the way it used to. Please, please, go back to your old recipes and bring back the soups we love.

• Li
      20th of Aug, 2013

Has anyone even tried to contact Campbells about their problems. They must distribute millions of products each year and I am sure sometimes they run into problems. See their contact form statement "At Campbell, we're always eager to hear from the people who matter most...our customers. We know the only way our company can serve you better is by listening to what you have to say. So let us know what's on your mind. We can't wait to hear from you." http://www.campbellsoupcompany.com/contactus.aspx

• Sc
      27th of Mar, 2016

i bought a can of chunky beef with country vegetables and there was 3 peices of beef thats just wrong when you pay over 2 dollars for a can scott 218-721-8482