BuyOwner.com / Totally useless company!

If you are reading this then you must be researching the BuyOwner.com business. If so, I can help. DON'T DO IT!! TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY! Here are a list of my complaints:

1. Their salesman will boast of BuyOwner's accomplishments without providing proof. Ours in the Louisville, KY market told us that 6 homes in our immediate area sold using their company. He told me only 26% of the homes that use BO have to resort to a realty company. Unfortunately, the only homes selling in my subdivision used realty companies.

2. He claimed that their website works like a match making company. They have thousands of prospective buyers that they will match us up with. He said he already had 150 people searching for a home like ours. In addition, we can keep count of the number of views we have on our home through the website. Although nearly 200 hundred people have claimed to viewed our home, not one has contacted us. Funny, huh?

3. Our home will be advertised in the the local newspaper. Actually their company is advertised and they relate that to advertising our home. Nice twist.

4. Our home will have a beautiful color spread in the BuyOwner magazine. I have never seen this magazine. Even at places like WalMart that have numerous other home magazines, BuyOwner has never been there. Does it really exist?

In a nutshell:

BuyOwner will come out and give you a beautifully packaged marketing plan filled with lies and deceit. Either is simply does not exist or just doesn't work. There are numerous other avenues you can take for thousands less that are more effective. You can buy an nice For Sale By Owner sign and even create your own website showcasing your home. BuyOwner does nothing but deliver you a sign for your yard and post your house on their website that nobody seems to use. If you think I am an isolated case then research the web and you will see that I am not an isolated case. Florida already has a class action lawsuit against them. Their complaints mirror mine. Please don't through away your money. Contact other BO customers in your area and see how they feel.

Comments

Mo
  24th of Aug, 2007

We just signed up with Buyowner and I am SO regretting it. Is there any way out of the contract? There definitely are other ways to get more exposure for tons less...

Ju
  21st of Jan, 2008

Sorry you have had a bad experience, however my sister used them and loved the results, saved over $20K in commisions. Bottom line, if you have a nice house that shows well you will do great! If you do not know how to show your own home or have a horrible personality perhaps you should let a realtor do the job for you. Some times its an inferior product that is not priced right... any realtor will tell you to lower your price and perhaps thats what you needed to do! Don't blame Buyowner, they do a fabulous job marketing properties in my opinion and the opinions of MANY satisfied Sellers/Buyers.

Also, Market conditions are horrendous... lower your price to 2003 pricing and it probably will sell. Not the time to be greedy or blaming!