[Resolved] BusuuBusuu.com takes payment from my credit card without my permission

Last year I have bought 1 year premium membership. During payment, I entered my credit card information. My membership is expired at the end of 2016. I saw that busuu.com took money from my credit card without my info and wish and renewed my membership. How a company is able to keep my credit card information and take money without my permission? I am not asked to renew about this membership on the site. I didn't confirm anything about renewal. I didn't confirm money amount. I am not given any information when buying membership about "BUSUU.COM WILL TAKE MONEY WHENEVER THEY WANT"

• Resolution statement

• Updated by Nattapong Firstz, Dec 16, 2016

I need my money back!!!

• Amy @ Busuu's Response, Dec 19, 2016

Hi Nattapong,

Thanks for your comments. We do make it clear that our subscriptions are automatically renewing unless cancelled - this is specified in our terms and conditions which are linked to in the invoice you received - which is what has happened in your case. I can see that your subscription is now cancelled and I have refunded your renewal fee as a gesture of goodwill.

Going forward you will not be charged again, but as explained, this could've been avoided had you cancelled your subscription prior to the renewal date.

Kind regards,

Amy

Na
Dec 16, 2016

Comments

• Ri
      Nov 19, 2018

How can this case be considered "RESOLVED"? Resolved only in the sense that Busuu refuses to accept that it has any responsibility in its dealings with its customers. The internet is flooded with Busuu customers complaining of exactly the same practice. Why doesn't Busuu change its policy and follow the lead of more reputable organisations, such as Amazon, by informing its customers that their subscriptions are about to be renewed? A problem has been highlighted time and again to the company's customer services, yet it takes not the simplest of steps. Why? The company has made a premeditated decision to behave in this way as it maximises its profits. This is self-evident. Avoid Busuu like the plague.