Burlap Bag / Terrible Business Ethics

Colorado Springs, CO, United States Review updated:

After working at the Burlap Bag for 5 weeks, I was removed from the schedule with no explanation. I am an honest and hard worker and did nothing to warrant such treatment. Apparently I am by no means the first in what seems to be a long history of employee mistreatment, as reflected by their high turnover rate. They seem to be experts at riding the loopholes of Colorado Labor laws: When I asked what the reason was for being removed from the schedule, the owner Diane Wilcox weirdly repeated over and over again "I have no hours for you" until I had no choice but to leave the building. When I requested a statement regarding my status of employment from her so that I can possibly get some sort of financial assistance for the month of May, she refused. When I asked her if she realizes how she affects peoples' lives when she treats them this way, her reply was as follows: "When you have been a business owner for over 20 years and are as wealthy as me, then we will have a conversation." I highly suggest that no one work for or support this already "wealthy" business owner who has traded in her conscience for financial gain.

Comments

• Er
      16th of Jan, 2018

Totally agree with "Terrible Business Ethics" post.
    Vote with your money and don't shop here and don't support pathetic and mentally unstable owners of this business.