BroadbandOffers.com / Ne rebates, no response!

United States Review updated:
I submitted two rebates to BroadbandOffers.com in the amount of $30 and $49.95. Their mailing address is:

P.O. Box 8251
Wixom, MI [protected]

Broad Band Offers sent me a letter stating that I did not include a copy of the rebate form. That afternoon, I completed the two rebate forms and mailed them to the address given. It has been almost four months and I have not received payment of either of the rebates. I submitted a "ticket" as they request on their web-site, but have not received any response.

The order is under Bruce Tapp 6522 Hot Springs Place Apt. C Indianapolis, IN 46217.

A  8th of Jun, 2007 by
I'm in the same boat; I just submitted the ticket, but after hearing how you haven't received any replies to the ticket, I'm skeptical that I'll hear anything as well.
A  12th of Jul, 2007 by
I sent my things off a few weeks ago, I became suspicious when i realized how onerous their paperwork was. And after a little research, I am beginning to think we could have a tough time making them disgorge our funds.

I think there may be an opportunity for a class action, I am busy right now but in a few weeks I might have time to address it. We can demand their client list and join everyone they haven't paid.

The thing is they say they will reject incomplete forms, but there is one code required which is not available anywhere. I checked with comcast and made every attempt to contact broadbandoffers.com. Due to the impossibility of completing the forms, the onerous burden of completing them beyond their purpose, the fact that this is a consumer contract, the outrageous processing period, and the preposterously unreasonable practice of only considering a claim once before litigation, I think any court will be sympathetic, and that law is on our side.

In the meantime I suggest complaints be sent to comcast addressed to the CEO: Brian L. Roberts. As they present themselves as a partnered company.
A  27th of Jul, 2007 by
BroadbandOffers is a SHAMEFUL company! First, they provide very little contact information, so it's hard to get in touch with them. Then they don't make it clear where (and which) rebate form you need to get. You have to specifically ask for one by sending a ticket which requires another username and password. Then if you're lucky enough to complete the complicated paperwork properly, you better make sure it's in a narrow window of time between 1 and 2 months after you bought broadband service, or else it's invalid. Then, they have a RIDICULOUS processing time of 10-16 weeks. They wait as long as they possibly can before they will mail out your payment (if ever), and then can always claim it got lost in the mail and they're not responsible for that. A total SCAM of a company, and will be reporting this to the Dept. of Justice.
A  27th of Jul, 2007 by
They sucks... a totally money waste.
A  4th of Aug, 2007 by
I am just going through the same horrible experience with broadband and comcast.
A  20th of Aug, 2007 by
Same for me. I submitted all the forms, made copies of everything, double checked everything and mailed it in. Received an e-mail 3 weeks later that said that I did not follow the requirements but I still had time to resubmit my forms. Made more copies double checked everything and mailed the forms. Waited 2 months. Received nothing so I went to their site and opened a ticket... no response. 1 week later posted another ticket... no reply... Opened a ticket to their Better Business bureau option... No reply. After searching the net I found that this is SOP for these thieves. I never expect to receive my rebates ($30.00 and $49.95). Since it is the only option where I live, I have to keep my Comcast internet to be able to work from home. I do not have to keep my cable service. Switching over to the DISH network ASAP.
A  10th of Sep, 2007 by
I have the same problem. I submitted all the rebate forms but didn't get any response from Broadband offers.com.
A  14th of Sep, 2007 by
I submitted two rebates and after i e-mailed them twice through there web [age found out one of them was rejected becuse I did not submit the information. I sent both rebates in on the same day. I am even wondering if I will see the other rebate sent to me at all. I love comcast internet but I am down dealing with third parties in receving my equipment. You are almost better off heading down to your local best buy and getting you equipment yourself. Broadbandoffers.com needs to at least put a phone number that you can call to talk to real person. Customer service is just not what it used to be. FOr anyone else looking into broadbandoffers for a deal don't do it the will rip you off and promise you money back that you will never see.
A  19th of Sep, 2007 by
Same here. I know that I completed every task the forms asked of me but I still got a form letter back from both refunds saying I hadn't complied and would not get paid. They make money by getting Comcast to pay them to have people sign up. Then they don't refund your money one way or another and there is nothing you can do unless someone brings class action against them.
N  28th of Sep, 2007 by
The new phone number for Broadbandoffers.com is 877-668-7221

I found the number on another complaint board about this company.

The woman there was tremendously helpful with the rebate. She emailed the forms to me and told me the company had just been sold.

I asked her if it was a scam operation.

She said it wasn't but that the eight women who do the paperwork are overwhelmed because all the work is done by hand!!
A  1st of Oct, 2007 by
Scam, scam, scam. I just lost 9.95 shipping (only, thank goodness). They claim I have to take it up with DHL, but at least I'm not stuck with their crap. I feel that the Comcast website misleadingly led me to these idiots. I told the Broadband people to stop ripping people off.
A  3rd of Oct, 2007 by
i'm in the same boat..i plan on fillling suit in small claims court against comcast/broadbandoffers jointly for the 49.95 plus court cost
A  4th of Oct, 2007 by
my letter to broadbandoffers.com

1 I mailed on September 1, 2007, the $49.95 mail-in rebate form filled out, along with the original Bar Code label, the original shipping invoice for the cable modem and a copy of all pages of my first month Comcast's Internet bill.

2 I mailed on September 1, 2007, in a separate envelope the completed $30.00 rebate form, a photocopy of my shipping invoice from Broadbandoffers.com and a photocopy of UPC label from the modem box.

3 On October 3, 2007 I checked the status of my rebates at Broadbandoffers website

and found that you do not recognize receipt of my $49.95 mail-in rebate form.

4 I also found that you were delinquent in posting my $30.00 rebate form. Date posted was 10/03/2007.

5 On October 4, 2007, I called Broadbandoffers.com ( 877-668-7221) and spoke with Stacy and was informed that I should receive the $30.00 rebate in 6 to 8 weeks.

6 I was also asked to check back next week on the status of my $49.95 rebate.

7 You have had sufficient time to process my $49.95 mail-in rebate and my $30.00 rebate. I expect to receive both within 2 weeks.

Jerry Pace

cc Comcast
A  5th of Oct, 2007 by
Guys, I am suprized to see that a company like this continues to rip off ppl in the US. I bought a comcast service from them and they sent me the cable modem (for $90 I think). On contacting comcast they informed me that the area is not serviceable and so I contacted broadbandoffers.com to return the modem. They happily sent me a merchantize return form and a postage label with their address. Its been 8 months since I sent them their modem back and they claim that they havent recieved it as yet. They are a cheat and I am sure its a scam. Can we not take some legal action against them?
A  19th of Oct, 2007 by
I have filed 3 rebates $100, 49.95 and 30 but I have received none. Document for $100, 49.95 were sent in same envelope but they are saying they received only $49.95 and are processing but no check so far.
A  8th of Nov, 2007 by
I am waiting for a refund on the modem I returned and Broadband won't reply to me after their first e-mail saying the refund went through a month ago. Of course, the refund did not go through and still hasn't. Fortunately, I did return it with tracking so I have proof they received it. Comcast is shameful when I contacted them about the offer, which looks like it is part of Comcast from their website, they said they are separate and would not respond to my complaint. It started because when I first ordered from them Broadband was trying to charge me THREE times for one item!!! Who knows how long it will take before I get a refund, completely poor service from Comcast and Broadband offers.
A  26th of Nov, 2007 by
I also sent in all the required information. I checked it three times just to make sure all the T's were crossed and I's dotted. I have not seen any rebate money and Comcast denies having any knowledge about their offers. Just another rip off.
A  28th of Nov, 2007 by
Same here! I sent everything I needed in byAugust 31st. This is really ridiculous.
N  30th of Nov, 2007 by
Hi everyone, I need your help. In November, I also ordered the offer from Comcast by Broadband. I tried but could not download the three rebate forms ($100 cash back, $30.00 and $49.95 for modem) from their website . I appreciate if anyone can send me these forms. My email is FHA3@CDC.GOV
A  3rd of Dec, 2007 by
I agree with this. The exact same thing has happened with me. The amount of paperwork these people need is staggering. They say that they don't have the original shipping invoice; ### they don't!

I can't even find the rebate form. The form they gave me on the receipt gave me a 404 error and they are impossible to reach!

What we need is a class-action suit.