BrightHouse / Over charged by 500

1 6 Sea Maiden PathPalm Coast, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 313-1335

I am so sick of Brighthouse! We moved here to Florida May 19th of 08, and before we moved we had called them to hook us up. They were 5 days late on doing so! Then they had told us that our bills were only $149.00 with everything that I have which is, Internet, Basic Cable (so 70 channels), and phone. We get bills twice a month asking for over $500.00. The bill I recieved today was $530.00, I have NEVER missed a payment, but when I call them they say that there is nothing they can do, that we have to pay for the previous people who had the phone number. It has been like that since we moved here of May 08. I am so sick of this crap, that I hired a lawyer last week to take care of this. These people are a rip off!!! BEWARE!!!

Comments

• Ju
      5th of Aug, 2010

You are sooooo right. There is a lot of double billing going on with Bright House, I dub them RipOff House. I dropped the cable portion of my bill keeping only the internet and phone and the charges they racked up were obscene. They should be embarrassed at the way they nickel and dime customers. But they are not. Apparently they are losing customers right and left. Someone just told me about an ad they are running that states they will pay your contact release fees and all other kinds of concessions if you switch to them. Then they will rip you off until you decide to FIRE them and believe me you will. I am presently in search of a new provider that is not Verizon or ATT since they are the masters of the nickel and dime approach to customer service. It would not surprise me if a class action law suit was in RipOff House's future...it would certain brighten my day.

• Gi
      2nd of Jun, 2011

BrightHouse charged me for cable box and a remote control for 31 months even after I asked about cable box and remote. I paid one month late and service came to disconnect and pick up box and remote that I never had. He called and was told that records said I had items. I paid and requested fees for 31 months of charges. After receiving $157 credit. I was never refunded balance. The next month there were other unknown charges because my original charges were for only 12 months. Go figure.