Book Depository_CA — book order - lara surring, drumheller, alberta
Return Requested for order [protected]
On April 19, I ordered a book form the Book Depository under the link of "George MacDonald: The Complete Fantasy Collection - 8 Novels & 30+ Short Stories and Fairy Tales (Illustrated): The Princess and the Goblin, Lilith, Phantastes." It now seems that this link is erroneous and in its place is an option to purchase "The Princess and Curdie." I sincerely thought that the link was legitimate and that I would receive the complete works of George MacDonald for the cost of $22.98 plus shipping. Please check out the link below:
The distributor at Book Depository_CA, Alice of Lara Surring, Drumheller, Alberta, has told me that I have to assume 100% of shipping costs in addition to being charged a 15% re-stocking fee. While I don't mind assuming some of the responsibility for the error, the fact that the link on Amazon's website suggests that the complete George Macdonald collection is available in book form should be addressed as an error which could mislead a customer, such as myself, in purchasing the incorrect item.
I am appalled that there was not even an apology for the error.
I would hope that the Book Depository would address this issue in a fair and just manner. It is certainly not fair that I an to be out of pocket some $17 due to an error on Amazon's website.
More Book Depository_CA Complaints & Reviews
- Book Deal Trading LLC (Sharjah) - fasle commitment 
- The Book Depository - lost delivery/poor customer service/failure to refund 
- The Book Depository - refund not full 
- The Book Depository - book ordering receipts 
- Book Depository - no order arrived 
- The Book Depository CA - stolen identity
- The Book Depository - order number bdg-360-42461817556 (order date: 2nd march 2013 - quantitative methods and techniques for planning, c. wong - paperback
- The Book Depository - delivery speed
- The Book Depository - no response to emails 
- Book Depository - order never showed up