Bonitas / Ridiculous reason for declining treatment

1 United States

I requested authorization for my husband to be sent for sleep studies. The GP diagnosed sleep apnoea and wants the sleep studies to be conducted to confirm his diagnosis so that he can be treated. Prime Cure declined authorization because of my husband being overweight. The sleep apnoea is now life threatening to him because he falls asleep behind the wheel on a daily basis. Prime Cure advised that he needs to loose weight first and stop smoking before they will treat him. Must he die in a car accident first? We all know it is impossible to loose weight overnight and by the time he has lost enough weight for them to authorize the treatment, it will be too late. I also smoke and is also overweight but I don't have sleep apnoea. How can they say that's the reason he has sleep apnoea??!!! Sleep apnoea contributes to a lot of other health issues like blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Must he know become more ill before he gets treated? Catch a wake up and HELP him get treatment because if the sleep apnoea is not under control HE CAN NOT LOOSE WEIGHT!!

In