BigSpot.com

Posted:

Have not made any money yet

4.6
BigSpot
Florida, New York
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to make some extra money and saw their commercial to do surveys at home. Well it’s been two months and I have more spam and less money! They take your information then keep trying to sell you something.

I thought they were legit like NewDataPublications.com which I have made a few dollars doing surveys.

I give them thumbs down!

Sincerely,
Betty
Bettys-Reviews.com
Complaint comments Comments (48)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Work at Home

Comments

A  5th of Aug, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I also signed up for Bigspot.com and I was not pleased either. I signed up for many surveys completed surveys continued to do surveys upon surveys and only received more surveys. I don't recall too much spam I did receive offers and more surveys from different companies but I can't honestly say it was all because of BigSpot.( I did begin to receive it around the same time though.) And in my opinion, I was really disappointed as i looked foward to the opportunity to work @ home because I have an infant. And lets face it who doesn't need extra income. Getting a legitimate job would mean more expenses like daycare. I guess it was too good to be true.
N  5th of Aug, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I'd also like to ad that the lady that made the claim, well I went to the website she posted and in my OPINION, it's not any better. I'd actually say its worse. Why would you wanna pay someone to work for them? It makes me wonder if maybe she just made these claims to promote her own site. I didnt have a positive experience with Bigspot but they never charged me...
N  6th of Aug, 2009 by    +1 Votes
This is all crap the amount of time you spend on surveys. Heh they pay you nothing what does just a little really pay for? The bill you get running the Internet or Iphones not worth the trouble.
N  8th of Aug, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I also have received spam as soon as I joined bigspot.com. I would not go as far as to say that your company is trying to go after random survey takers across the nation, because saying such things paint an ugly picture of a good company. Now even though I have gotten spam, I also have gotten money and prizes. I apologize Betty, but I am going to have to say that Bigspot.com is a great website and I would recommend it to my friends and I will.
D  9th of Aug, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Betty,

Why in the world would you recommend NewDataPublications.com? They are the true definition of a shady company. I believe BigSpot.com is up front in what they do and I never received any spam.
A  13th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Sounds like Bigspot is just like all the rest, Frauds!
thanks for the warnings. I wont wast my time. I am going to quit looking for something legitamate. I do not believe it exists online, been taken to many times.
A  5th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
BigSpot Support needs to ask some of the satified surveyer's to comment. Yeah, right, there probably aren't any! I want to warn you all about mindfind also it offers $1 for 10-15 with a chance to win other prizes, $3 for 25.40 minutes, etc... NEVER got a thing, in fact I have taken the whole survey and at the end it states, OH sorry, this survey is full! Why not inform me before I wasted my time. B---S--- they probably get everyone to fill out the survey and then like me don't pay a thing. I need the money, as do we all, but I'm sick an tired of giving soooo much time and then nothing. I appreciate each of you, except BigSpot's response. I'm going to try the 2 that say they have had some success. In the good ol' days you went to various locations, took the survey and got paid VERY WELL. I guess the only jobs available are government jobs and they are all taken by the lazy, unproductive, ... well, most. However I will say Harris County Clinics are 100% better, FEMA can go hang themselves!
A  26th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
So far i have to agree with the posts of nothing. I filled out questionare and got a cant be used at this time, nothing, spam. The complaints department has nothing to stand on because so many have gotten nothing and all of us who have received nothing may have beginnings of grounds for a class action suit. I have yet to encounter anyone whom has received money from bigspot, and I am making complaints to every station running big spot advertisments. Stations will respond if enough complaints are received. Especially when more and more post here that nothing has come from big spot except spam.,
A  3rd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
That ###in site is such a ###in a scam! I haven't received a damn penny! I swear I am so ###in pissed n the creator or who da ### came up wit dis ### ### scam of a website should burn in hell for bein such a ###in liar! N den have da nerve 2 promote da ### on tv! Stupid ###!
N  10th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
"To be clear, our service provides a free listing of online survey panels owned and operated by legitimate market research companies."

If this is true, then why was it not explained as such on the commercial? The commercial had viewers thinking that Bigspot.com was a survey company, not a listing of survey panels. This leaves a very bad taste in the mouths of people that signed up. Sounds like false advertisement to me as well.
N  10th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
man i signed up once i saw it on tv and i was like most of the survey companies they had on there i already do.

man i did this for nothing. i have not received any surveys from them and hope not too.

i am thinking they want you to sign up for these other companies and they get paid to have you sign up from there website. it makes them look like they are the place to go to sign up for survey companies.

i do 12 different survey companies and some you do not always quailfy for and some take forever to get points i do some alot then others and do product testing. and get points enough to get checks, giftcards, and some companies do paypal

i like opinion outpost

pinecone research

american consumer panel

ipsos-i-say

viewpoint

valued opinions

lightspeed panel
A  24th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Of course it is a scam, ###s! The only money to be made is by them... by selling your e-mail address to every company on the planet.
D  20th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
i too saw the ad on tv for bigspot.com! i joined! i knew i wasn't going to get rich, but maybe have a little fun! i've been working under one of thier companies now for months! i've made enough to get me some cd's on ebay, + half.com! i believe they are a safe + legit company! so, i don't know why all the complaining? maybe nothing better too do!!!
N  7th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am glad I looked on here . I have never heard of Bigspot.com, but I do Pinecone Research and they pay you $3 for every survey you do. They also send it through paypal which is very nice.
They do have household surveys they do, but you don't get paid for those. Only the product ones.
A  12th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I saw the tv ad - it sounded good - but when i got to the site, and looked up their contact information under the 'about us " button. There was no identifying info on the bigspot.com site at all - with in 10 minutes I knew it was a spam scam
N  28th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
Thank You All for the info. It's been very help full!
A  21st of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
A lot of you are doing it wrong, you aren't checking your email to click the verification link. you have to do that before you get the surveys.

Also, the site seems really horrid on quality control. I've taken surveys that killed me in the middle after answering "I never tried refrigerated/nonrefrigerated almond milk before" so some of their surveys they are giving are scamming their way out of paying you. I've been disqualified from at least a dozen surveys after getting half way through.

I've been using it for almost a month now, and i'm only at $14.40, a horrible way to get some extra cash. and 5 of that was from signing up and $1.90 was for answering profile questions. $7.50 a month is absolutely horrible. Whats worse is you have to get $25 worth of confirmed survey cash before you can actually cash out. the $10-20 options are for some stupid magazines.
N  13th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I recently received a $25 Amazon Gift card. Bigspot.com IS LEGIT. I ACTUALLY GOT THE $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD. AND IT WORKED. However, the only reason I was patient enough to put up with continually being "denied" surveys after already investing 5+ minutes in them, is because I was using Bigspot.com while getting paid at my job. So, not a big deal to me.

If you have time to piss away (like me at work), or, you just genuinely just like taking surveys and answering questions about yourself, then Bigspot.com isn't horrible. I'm glad I signed up. When you get to $25, you can cash out with an amazon gift card (or 25 in paypal, apple store, etc), which is very useful to me. Contrary to what others say, it's not just useless magazine subscriptions (if you only have 10 - $20 in your account, only these are opened to you.. just hold out 'till you get to $25).

This isn't a good idea for extra income--you will quickly become aggravated by being denied by surveys you've already invested some time in (this is how it is with most other paid-survey sites, unfortunately). I've heard Pinecone research being really good. Before investing a lot of time into a survey site, you should read some reviews through http://www.surveypolice.com.
A  20th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
This is unbelievable. Bigspot.com says on the commercial that you don't have to pay a fee, and you get money for your opinions. In order to get your money, you eventually have to pay a fee to get money. I am glad I read this because I was just about to try Bigspot.com so I can get money to buy some stuff for myself and donate. So, I would say I agree.
N  22nd of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am a member of about 30 sites. I average about $100 per mo. not enough to live on but a nice extra.I have been doing this for about 3 years. so it does take some time. the more you do the more they send you. I do get points to refer people at some sites .so if you would like to send me your email address I will refer you to the best I have found so far. I suggest you set up an email address just for surveys and such. its much easier to keep "work" seperate from personal. The invites from sites may go to your spam folder so you would want to check there if you dont recieve anything. also may email me with any questions . my email address is danniellehaley@gmail.com. hope to hear from you

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree