BigSpot.comHave not made any money yet

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to make some extra money and saw their commercial to do surveys at home.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Florida, NYWell it’s been two months and I have more spam and less money! They take your information then keep trying to sell you something.
I thought they were legit like NewDataPublications.com which I have made a few dollars doing surveys.
I give them thumbs down!
Sincerely,
Betty
Bettys-Reviews.com

Comments

• In
      May 21, 2009
    Bigspot.com - False Advertizing
    bigspot.com
    bigspot.com

Their TV commercial states that you'll be paid to complete surveys and "never pay a fee". VERY misleading. For one, THEY don't charge a fee, but they also don't offer anything at all.

You fill out a form & "get instant access to our FREE database of online survey companies" This "database" is just links to other sites. I gave up on the few surveys I tried because of the catches, like minimums that are hard to reach before you can ever receive any money.

What looked interesting at first were the secret shoppers. The pay looked OK to visit stores and restaurants, but the catch is you only get a summary of the assignment for free. You DON'T get the addresses and CANNOT get the assignment unless you pay a MONTHLY FEE!

• La
      Jun 15, 2009

Its tottally a scam it also mentions that its for all ages but then when it directs you to other online surveys you need to be over 18 years old...very misleading and false.Just because it came out on T.V does not mean it is legit!I just saw an ad come out on Nick for kids channel !Parents beware!!!

• Ji
      Jun 18, 2009

damn.well there goes that great idea.sure needed the extra...

Jun 22, 2009

Im a mother of a 19 month old and is 3 months along with my second.My husdand works and I wanted to try to find something to make a little extra cash for us.I saw the add it looked ok, I went on it singed up and everything 3 days later I had 3000 spam mail in my inbox.I was only looking to work from home becouse its hard to find work where I live and I wouldnt have a babysitter and daycares well I dont care for them, I had the kids I need to raise them myself.I wish there was a work from home out there that we could trust!

• Fi
      Jun 24, 2009

I am SO grateful that you all took the time to write your reviews and comments! I am disabled and was considering Big Spot as an option to earn some much needed money. Fortunately, I decided to research the company's reviews first. Thank you for your info. I will NOT waste my time.

• Jr
      Jun 24, 2009

Im glad I read this.I had clicked on the url to find out..but then I saw this and read it first.Im so happy I did. Are there any real good work from jobs at home?

•   Jun 25, 2009

this is absolutely ridiculous. so far ive signed up on several freepaid surveys sites. some are pretty much legit except for the fact that whenever you get asked to take a survey half the time it says i dont qualify or they have enough people taking this survey. the the other times it just redirects you to another site which you have to put personal information in such as your email phone number etc. why would i wanna do that? i wouldnt be able to keep track of anything i sign up on? i write everything down for every site and im sick of having to do that and put in personal crap that internet sites shouldnt need. i will recommend a few sites that have a pretty good rep and ive tried out myself. the bad part is that no matter what site you go to you will rarely make much money. oh and p.s. anytime you sign up for anything for sites read the terms and conditions!! or else they charge you something you never agreed to. take a look at some of these:

surveyhead.com
    americanconsumeropinion.com
    focusline.com
    greenfieldonline.com
    epollsurveys.com
    opinionoutpost.com
    npdor.com (NPD OnlineResearch)
    paidsurveysforyou.com

please if you find any decent free paid survey sites post the sites on here. thanks!
    hope those help ^^

• Ca
      Jun 29, 2009

Try www.pineconeresearch.com They give you $3 for every survey you complete. It's legit and free, I use it. They don't require you to do a set number of surveys before you get any money either, you get a check, or PayPal deposit, every time. No spam.

Jun 29, 2009

I was going to join, but after reading this, will not. I have tried various different survey sites & have only made money on one & that takes 1, 000 points for $10.00. That one is Paid Surveys, I think. I am going to try the survey site stated above. pineconeresearch.com as suggested by catcorisara.

• Ag
      Jul 03, 2009

I can recommend a survey site that I have been with for almost four years now: http://www.mysurvey.com it's free to join them. Most of their surveys start out at 10 points. But there are some that are higher. Once you reach 1000 points, you can request payment. It usually takes up to 3 weeks to get the check, but it does come and I haven't been disappointed with them yet.

• Fo
      Jul 04, 2009

Thanks to everyone who wrote their experience with Big spot.com.

My brother ask me to check this site out for him, so he could make him
    alittle extra cash, since he is disable.

Do we have any honest companies left?
    And thank you for the othe legit sites.

God Bless!!!

• Gi
      Jul 08, 2009

Seriously, thanks for the head's up. Please if anyone finds anything decent without all the b.s. please post it. The last thing we need is to be flooded with more spam than we already have. It sounds so simple- feel out their survey and get paid for it. Why all the tricky business attached?

Thanks again

• He
      Jul 09, 2009

I was going to sign up for this bigspot surveys. I am glad that I checked this first. I won't waste my time with them. I want to also point out one other site to watch out for but it is not a survey. It is a game site and it is called iWin.com. My computer has crashed twice because of their site. I have had to put out over 400 dollars because the hard drive was gone. I will not ever use them again. Please save yourself the problems that I had to endure because of this site.

• Ca
      Jul 16, 2009

Thanks most sincerely to inetman and also to all of you who responded to his complaint. Like many of you I too am looking for ways to earn extra $$, preferably from home, saw the bigspot tv commercial, and was thisclose to signing up. I'm glad I decided to check out this post first! So many scams out there... sigh...

• Di
      Jul 18, 2009

Just wanted to say thanks for all the post regarding BigSpot.com. I was about to go there and I saw this and I am so thankful I did. There are so many scams. I am arguing all the time with my husband because I keep trying these things for a few dollars and then they charge you a regular monthly fee. If anyone knows of a legit thing to make money online please let me know. Again thanks for all the info.

Thanks Dianna

• Bi
      Jul 23, 2009

I represent bigspot.com and would like to provide some clarification around some of the complaints here. Our TV commercial provides a fact that market research companies do invest millions of dollars a year to offer cash and rewards to survey participants. This does not in anyway claim that you will become rich or be able to replace a source of income, it is merely a way to earn extra cash and/or have the opportunity to win prizes in the process. Furthermore, our website makes it completely clear what our service provides on the registration form, therefore, users have all the information about us directly in front of them prior to registering with us. To be clear, our service provides a free listing of online survey panels owned and operated by legitimate market research companies. We nor our clients ever charge any fees or require any kind of payment ever.

Clearly, I do not expect anyone to sign up with bigspot.com as a result of this posting, but I certainly hope that it does remove some confusion around our service.

• Bi
      Jul 23, 2009

I represent BigSpot.com and I am disturbed by your claim that you receive spam from our site. We do not sell your information to anyone and niether do the panel companies in our listing. All of the panels in our listing are owned and operated by legitimate market research companies. Also, neither us nor our panels ever attempt to sell anything to anyone. Please check your facts on this claim and substantiate your claim with evidence. A posting like this dafaces our company and our site and I request that you retract your comments.

What I find most disturbing is that you are leveraging an medium, such as https://www.complaintsboard.com, for consumers to share information about consumer experiences to promote your own website and marketing scheme which is centered on directing honest consumers to SCAM site which will force consumers to make a payment for false hopes of earning money from home. Please retract and request to remove this posting immediately to avoid legal action.

• 04
      Jul 25, 2009
    Bigspot.com - fraud
    BigSpot
    Michigan
    BigSpot.com

I so stupidly signed up to fill out surveys...up the wazoo..to supliment my income...I have yet to recieve 1 cent...such a scam!!!

• B3
      Aug 01, 2009

I am not sure who to believe. There are way more fraudulant sites than there are legitimate ones. I have been looking into the money from home schemes and have yet to locate one that i feel comfortable with. I wish that everyone would say what they mean and mean what they say. Honesty is like pregnancy, either you are or you aren't. There is no straddling the fence.

• Mi
      Aug 03, 2009

In answer to the comment that BigSpot gave to the report of their practices. I believe its the freedom of speech thing and I want to hear both sides before I make up my mind who is right or wrong. You really must fear Betty and her comments if you are threatening her with legal action. That right there to me proves she has a real complaint against you or you would have just dismissed her as just someone with a pet peeve and it would have been forgotten. But now I find myself more on her side because when a big company goes after a small person, they are weak on something and it means you have something you don't want the public to hear. You feel by threats you can drown out what people feel if they have been wronged. Also I did not hear anywhere in your statement that you paid Betty one single dollar for her work as promised so much in your TV adds. And as someone who was nearly about to sign up for your service, I will no longer consider it a fair place to work. Grow up BIG BUISNESS, and stop pushing little people around just for their opinion. And and isn't that what you asked for in the first place.

Just someone with my own opinion.
    Loleta

Aug 05, 2009

I also signed up for Bigspot.com and I was not pleased either. I signed up for many surveys completed surveys continued to do surveys upon surveys and only received more surveys. I don't recall too much spam I did receive offers and more surveys from different companies but I can't honestly say it was all because of BigSpot.( I did begin to receive it around the same time though.) And in my opinion, I was really disappointed as i looked foward to the opportunity to work @ home because I have an infant. And lets face it who doesn't need extra income. Getting a legitimate job would mean more expenses like daycare. I guess it was too good to be true.

Aug 05, 2009

I'd also like to ad that the lady that made the claim, well I went to the website she posted and in my OPINION, it's not any better. I'd actually say its worse. Why would you wanna pay someone to work for them? It makes me wonder if maybe she just made these claims to promote her own site. I didnt have a positive experience with Bigspot but they never charged me...

• Ev
      Aug 06, 2009

This is all crap the amount of time you spend on surveys. Heh they pay you nothing what does just a little really pay for? The bill you get running the Internet or Iphones not worth the trouble.

• Ni
      Aug 08, 2009

I also have received spam as soon as I joined bigspot.com. I would not go as far as to say that your company is trying to go after random survey takers across the nation, because saying such things paint an ugly picture of a good company. Now even though I have gotten spam, I also have gotten money and prizes. I apologize Betty, but I am going to have to say that Bigspot.com is a great website and I would recommend it to my friends and I will.

• Co
      Aug 09, 2009

Betty,

Why in the world would you recommend NewDataPublications.com? They are the true definition of a shady company. I believe BigSpot.com is up front in what they do and I never received any spam.

• Rl
      Aug 13, 2009

Sounds like Bigspot is just like all the rest, Frauds!
    thanks for the warnings. I wont wast my time. I am going to quit looking for something legitamate. I do not believe it exists online, been taken to many times.

Oct 05, 2009

BigSpot Support needs to ask some of the satified surveyer's to comment. Yeah, right, there probably aren't any! I want to warn you all about mindfind also it offers $1 for 10-15 with a chance to win other prizes, $3 for 25.40 minutes, etc... NEVER got a thing, in fact I have taken the whole survey and at the end it states, OH sorry, this survey is full! Why not inform me before I wasted my time. B---S--- they probably get everyone to fill out the survey and then like me don't pay a thing. I need the money, as do we all, but I'm sick an tired of giving soooo much time and then nothing. I appreciate each of you, except BigSpot's response. I'm going to try the 2 that say they have had some success. In the good ol' days you went to various locations, took the survey and got paid VERY WELL. I guess the only jobs available are government jobs and they are all taken by the lazy, unproductive, ... well, most. However I will say Harris County Clinics are 100% better, FEMA can go hang themselves!

• Sc
      Dec 26, 2009

So far i have to agree with the posts of nothing. I filled out questionare and got a cant be used at this time, nothing, spam. The complaints department has nothing to stand on because so many have gotten nothing and all of us who have received nothing may have beginnings of grounds for a class action suit. I have yet to encounter anyone whom has received money from bigspot, and I am making complaints to every station running big spot advertisments. Stations will respond if enough complaints are received. Especially when more and more post here that nothing has come from big spot except spam.,

• Co
      Feb 03, 2010

That ###in site is such a ###in a scam! I haven't received a damn penny! I swear I am so ###in pissed n the creator or who da ### came up wit dis ### ### scam of a website should burn in hell for bein such a ###in liar! N den have da nerve 2 promote da ### on tv! Stupid ###!

Mar 10, 2010

"To be clear, our service provides a free listing of online survey panels owned and operated by legitimate market research companies."

If this is true, then why was it not explained as such on the commercial? The commercial had viewers thinking that Bigspot.com was a survey company, not a listing of survey panels. This leaves a very bad taste in the mouths of people that signed up. Sounds like false advertisement to me as well.

• Te
      Mar 10, 2010

man i signed up once i saw it on tv and i was like most of the survey companies they had on there i already do.

man i did this for nothing. i have not received any surveys from them and hope not too.

i am thinking they want you to sign up for these other companies and they get paid to have you sign up from there website. it makes them look like they are the place to go to sign up for survey companies.

i do 12 different survey companies and some you do not always quailfy for and some take forever to get points i do some alot then others and do product testing. and get points enough to get checks, giftcards, and some companies do paypal

i like opinion outpost

valued opinions

lightspeed panel

• Su
      Mar 24, 2010

Of course it is a scam, ###s! The only money to be made is by them... by selling your e-mail address to every company on the planet.

• Bu
      Apr 20, 2010

i too saw the ad on tv for bigspot.com! i joined! i knew i wasn't going to get rich, but maybe have a little fun! i've been working under one of thier companies now for months! i've made enough to get me some cd's on ebay, + half.com! i believe they are a safe + legit company! so, i don't know why all the complaining? maybe nothing better too do!!!

• Re
      Jul 07, 2010

I am glad I looked on here . I have never heard of Bigspot.com, but I do Pinecone Research and they pay you $3 for every survey you do. They also send it through paypal which is very nice.
    They do have household surveys they do, but you don't get paid for those. Only the product ones.

• Be
      Jul 12, 2010

I saw the tv ad - it sounded good - but when i got to the site, and looked up their contact information under the 'about us " button. There was no identifying info on the bigspot.com site at all - with in 10 minutes I knew it was a spam scam

• Ro
      Sep 28, 2010

Thank You All for the info. It's been very help full!

• He
      Nov 21, 2010

A lot of you are doing it wrong, you aren't checking your email to click the verification link. you have to do that before you get the surveys.

Also, the site seems really horrid on quality control. I've taken surveys that killed me in the middle after answering "I never tried refrigerated/nonrefrigerated almond milk before" so some of their surveys they are giving are scamming their way out of paying you. I've been disqualified from at least a dozen surveys after getting half way through.

I've been using it for almost a month now, and i'm only at $14.40, a horrible way to get some extra cash. and 5 of that was from signing up and $1.90 was for answering profile questions. $7.50 a month is absolutely horrible. Whats worse is you have to get $25 worth of confirmed survey cash before you can actually cash out. the $10-20 options are for some stupid magazines.

• Su
      Jan 13, 2011

I recently received a $25 Amazon Gift card. Bigspot.com IS LEGIT. I ACTUALLY GOT THE $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD. AND IT WORKED. However, the only reason I was patient enough to put up with continually being "denied" surveys after already investing 5+ minutes in them, is because I was using Bigspot.com while getting paid at my job. So, not a big deal to me.

If you have time to piss away (like me at work), or, you just genuinely just like taking surveys and answering questions about yourself, then Bigspot.com isn't horrible. I'm glad I signed up. When you get to $25, you can cash out with an amazon gift card (or 25 in paypal, apple store, etc), which is very useful to me. Contrary to what others say, it's not just useless magazine subscriptions (if you only have 10 - $20 in your account, only these are opened to you.. just hold out 'till you get to $25).

This isn't a good idea for extra income--you will quickly become aggravated by being denied by surveys you've already invested some time in (this is how it is with most other paid-survey sites, unfortunately). I've heard Pinecone research being really good. Before investing a lot of time into a survey site, you should read some reviews through http://www.surveypolice.com.

Mar 20, 2011

This is unbelievable. Bigspot.com says on the commercial that you don't have to pay a fee, and you get money for your opinions. In order to get your money, you eventually have to pay a fee to get money. I am glad I read this because I was just about to try Bigspot.com so I can get money to buy some stuff for myself and donate. So, I would say I agree.

• Da
      Mar 22, 2011

I am a member of about 30 sites. I average about $100 per mo. not enough to live on but a nice extra.I have been doing this for about 3 years. so it does take some time. the more you do the more they send you. I do get points to refer people at some sites .so if you would like to send me your email address I will refer you to the best I have found so far. I suggest you set up an email address just for surveys and such. its much easier to keep "work" seperate from personal. The invites from sites may go to your spam folder so you would want to check there if you dont recieve anything. also may email me with any questions . my email address is [protected]@gmail.com. hope to hear from you