Big Lots Stores / hudson slate swivel recliner

1 465 cross keys berlin rdSicklerville, NJ, United States

Hello my name is Roxanne. This is my first time EVER making a complaint but after today I knew I had to reach out to someone about the situation I just had. I would like to first say that the day before I called ahead told them the make of my car and asked would the item fit they insisted it would I show up and as expected the item did not fit. So I show up the next day today (12/23/2018) with a bigger car that I had to inconvenience someone else about using and having to bring it back to them immediately to be told by Hannah (furniture store manager) that since her "team sucks at looking" the item I purchased somehow only has the bottom portion but not the top. She called another store and said "yeah so you can go to Glassboro and pick it up" I asked well can't they deliver it to my home or to this location she said no so I then said you mean to tell me you guys don't have delivery for furniture she then said yeah we do but it's a third party and I said well what's the issue. She then looks at me like If I was stupid with her face scrunched up and said "uh it's a third party...soooo you are going to pay for it, or u can just get your money back" I then said well I'm sorry but the item I paid for is missing a whole half and it's not my fault why should I pay for the inconvenience of the stores mistake this was a Christmas gift for my father. During this time of me figuring out what to do she began talking to another coworker who was lounging on the couch laughing and complaining to her about having to work Christmas Eve and that she is over the holidays and that she can't wait to get off so at that point I had enough and said you know what I'll take my money back. She seemed more happy to give me my money back then to help fix the issue in a better way. What bothered me the most was the fact that not once did she even apologized for the mix up or the inconvenience of it all especially now that I no longer can give my father the chair he asked for not even a "have a good night". She made me feel like I should never purchase another item from big lots ever again. I sure hope to hear from someone soon. Thank you for taking the time out to read my message. My email is [email protected] number is [protected].

Lo