Best Buy / scam service

1 1501 N Victory PlBurbank, CA, United States Review updated:

I was interested in a portable GPS for my car. I am familiar with GPSs and know that sometimes it takes a while for a GPS to catch its satelite signals. After asking advice to one of the employees he showed me the Garmin NUVI 760. Which was priced at $699.99 He said this is a "quick responsive GPS". I also asked him "if I do not like this GPS can I return it?" he stated "if within 14 days, then yes". I did not like how this GPS performed. I went online and asked advice and people stated that all GPSs take a while to locate a signal. I felt I hade been (for the lack of the word) RIPPED OFF. Knowing that if I purchased a GPS that is priced at 299 or even 199 will performe the same the only difference would have been the MP3 player etc. I went to return the GPS and Best Buy wanted to keep a 15% restocking fee. Stating that it says so on the back of the reciept. I told them that the Sales Associate told me I could bring it back if I was dissatisfied. They told me "NO! our employees know better they would not say that" (basically calling me a liar). Now they charged me $105.00 dollars for a restocking fee. Now I feel I have been scammed.

Va

Comments

• Ge
      19th of Feb, 2009

He sounds like he totally lied to you. However the 15% restocking fee and 14 day return on GPS has been standard at best buy for a while. Everything used to be no restocking fee and 30 days, but some "really smart" customers thought this meant they could rent the equipment and return it when they were done with their weekend trip, ruining the return policy for everyone. This sucks for you because you were misled by the sales associate. You cannot return the GPS without the restocking fee, just because you liked another one better. There was a time that if you were going to get a different one, the restocking fee was waived, but they stopped doing that because of those "really smart" customers, who figured 15% was still worth "renting" the equipment.