Best Buy # 528 / Geeksquadscam extent warranty

An Stockton, CA Review updated:

I bought a Sony Notebook at Best Buy along with an Extent warranty on 12/22/2008.This warranty is not expired until 12/22/2010.
On 8/13/2010 my notebook could not boost up. After I inserted the back up CD, it displays “Window could not complete installation.” I brought my notebook to Best Buy for repair and described the problem to a service man (Andrew).I also showed to him the receipt of my notebook to prove my extent warranty is not expired until 12/22/2010. He said the problem of my notebook is not covered by the warranty and he charged me $199.99 in advance without any diagnose. He also asks me to leave my back up CD with my notebook.
On 8/23/10 I met with the manager of Geek Squad, Daniel Flesch to explain that Best Buy sold the extent warranty to me, it is responsible to repair my note book when it does not function properly but he confirmed the warranty does not cover the software problem, and I have to pay $199.99 for the repair. It seems to me Best Buy‘s extent warranty is scam. They are cheating and ripping off customers.
I would like Best Buy to refund me $199.99 and stop cheating consumers.
Thank you for your help to resolve this problem.

Comments

• Di
      Sep 10, 2010

Sorry that you are having problems, but no extended warranty
    covers software. The store can not be held liable for that as it could be the result of the customer getting a virus, etc on it