BCBG / Store Credit Policy

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States

I purchased a jacket for approximately $200 on April 26, 2011. I decided it did not fit well, so I returned it on April 28, 2011 with the receipt and tag still attached. I was informed I had to take a store credit. I was given a receipt that looked like an original purchase receipt. I inadvertently shredded the receipt a few weeks later since it looked just like all the other receipts for purchases the weeks before. BCBG has NO distinction whatsoever between a store purchase and a store credit. There is no distinguishing characteristic. I was not advised that the receipt was the one and only store credit receipt that would be accepted by BCBG. I notified the store manager where I purchased the jacket and was informed that, at this time, they could not give me the credit due me. When I told them I had accidentally shredded the receipt, the response was that someone could go through my garbage and piece together the store credit. I shredded the receipt with numerous documents and additional receipts. It would be impossible for anyone to piece together anything related to the receipt. BCBG will do ANYTHING to get out of giving me my credit. I intend to file a claim with the Consumer Protection Agency of the State Attorney General's office in California as well as the Better Business Bureau. Consumer beware of the unfair policy imposed by BCBG.