Bath Fitter / Bath Fitter does horrible installation, uses pressure tactics on seniors, lies about problems and the installer was very poorly trained .

1 9461 - 47 Street NWEdmonton, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: (780) 413-9513

Horrible work was done by Bath Fitters on my parents home. These are rip-off artists of the worst kind. My mom contracted Bath Fitter to install a tub and wall liner in their main bathroom for $3500. This is a high price for this amount of work. A Bath Fitter employee measured the area with a laser. The employee measuring assured my dad that the liner would "fit like a glove". When it came time to install, a number of weeks later, the installer (who told my dad that he had been working for the company for 4 weeks) took the existing lino off the wall and some of the plywood that was behind, replaced the faucet/shower controls and put drywall up, without the existing shims that had been installed behind the original plywood. This caused the drywall to be recessed in relation to the surrounding wall. In order to bring it back flush with the surrounding wall, he used 5/8" thick strips of soft putty spaced about 8" apart on top of the drywall, which was supposed to support the flexible plastic liner. There is no way soft putty will properly support the thin, flexible wall liner. Then, he said there was a problem with the tub, and needed to call his supervisor. The supervisor came on site and told my dad that the tub needed to come out 1/2" in order for them to install the liner. Maybe they would have caught that when they measured?!? According to the supervisor, this would require removal and replacement of the tub with a new one, for an extra 700-1000 dollars. He also said that the existing wall was too flexible. He said it was 1/4" plywood. My Dad said it was actually 3/8" plywood. After hearing that, the supervisor didn't say anything. He then said they would have to reschedule the work since the job scope had changed. He said he would call back at 8:30 the next morning. That was over a week ago. He also told my dad that he had two options, either pay them the extra money to finish the job, or cancel the work and they would leave the job as is. They are trying to pressure my parents into forking out more money for nothing.

La

Comments

• Va
      22nd of Sep, 2008

• La
      26th of Sep, 2008

Bath Fitter standing behind their product.

I am very happy to report that Bath Fitter is standing behind their product.

My parents and I met with Dale, who did a fabulous job of making time for us and listening to our serious concerns. He acknowledged that errors were made and that they will provide my parents with a new tub and install the wall liners at the initial price my parents agreed to. Dale was very professional and understanding about the situation my senior-aged parents were in.

The products should be installed within a couple of weeks, and I will update my report based on the outcome of the actual installation, but based on my experience with Dale, I am far more optimistic about a positive outcome.

Thanks Dale!

• Me
      12th of Jan, 2012

I have had Bath Fitter remodel a number of bathrooms over the past 12 years and I have had nothing but great results. The product performs extremely well and the sales rep and installer were very professional and courteous. I recommend Bath Fitter to all who appreciate quality and performance over price.

• Fi
      5th of Sep, 2015

Just to let everyone know, we signed a contract with Bath Fitter on July 16. They required one third deposit, which was nearly $1900. Now it is September 5th and they still haven't set an installation date. I called my service rep 4 days ago to let him know and he called back within an hour, and said someone would be calling me by the end of the day. No one ever called. At this point, my advice would be not to do business with a company that might make you wait until Christmas or until Armageddon for your shower to be installed. My wife is really impatient and is already calling other contractors, which would necessitate legal action to get a refund of the deposit. I will update this review if they ever decide to call.

• Sc
      21st of Sep, 2016

My ordeal started 7/23/16 with Bath Enhancements Valparaiso, Indiana. It took 30 days to set up installation with Michael from the store. The very next day the installer called me to set my day back. First day he came out spent 3 hrs before saying he didn't have all the matls. would come back the next day. When he did come back cracked the tub liner as he was installing it. Was told could not take a bath only a shower. Did not put on new
    shower head or shower rod which I had purchased. So every time my daughter went to take a shower had to put up the old tension shower rod as it would not stay up with the new walls. She wacked her forehead causing a cut and bump. Now the day is 8/20/16...it took numerous calls to the store to get updates. They (Michael, Brett) would keep playing it off stating that the new one was ordered as a priority but that was just a LIE. IT TOOK 25 DAYS BEFORE THEY CAME BACK OUT AND WHEN HE DID--- THE JOB WAS DONE SLOPPY. I HAVE CAULK ALL OVER THE TUB, DOWN THE TUB ALONG THE BASE OF THE TUB. I SPENT $3, 941.00. They are a company that does not care about the customer but just the almighty dollar they make off of us. BEWARE OF BATH ENHANCEMENTS VALPARAAISO INDIANA