Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream / terrible commercial

The commercial for Baskin-Robbins ice cream is so offensive and it should be taken off the air. It's a soccer match and a small boy runs over for the ball and a young woman on the side lines kicks the ball away and screams at him "In your face". Please notify Baskin=Robbins they should take it off the air.

Thank you.

Gr

Comments

• Sh
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Yes take it off the air. What are they thinking?

• Be
      24th of Jul, 2008

In Your Face ad is absolutely terrible. I hate it and get so upset every time I see it. I feel your company shows so little respect to law . It reflects poor parental love toward a child. Also, I really hate the ad where the father hoses down his boy, both sides of body by the way, in order to deserve a B R ice cream treat. Awful ads. A parent treating a child like that deserves jail time. Come on, what a disappointment. Why not cute kid ads. For example, the peanut butter ads with grandparents and moms. They make you smile and want to buy the product. Yours is so brutal. I won't buy Baskins. I'll buy Culvers. Many of my friends have talked about these awful ads. Please, take them off the air!!! Thank You

• St
      25th of Jul, 2008

what the hell ladies, its not offensive, its funny, its certainly not "so offensive it should be taken off the air, " get the hell over it. stop being ridiculous.

• Da
      25th of Jul, 2008

yeah. after reading the complaints i want to see the ad. sounds hilarious.

27th of Jul, 2008

Yeah you sissies. That soccer mom should have knocked that kid out or broken his leg. NO way they gonna lose and not get to eat ice cream!
    I hope the next time she comes on with brass knuckles. Go Baskin Robbins! You rock!
    Whatever it takes, you little punks aren't going to get her ice cream!!!

• Lo
      4th of Aug, 2008

Get the thing off of the air and fine Baskin Robbins, At least 25Mil, to be given to youth soccer teams across the nation. The kids play hard and fair. It is a good clean sport with a whole lot of cardio exersise. The question is, will this add. cause a fight, by an upset parent, resulting death or serious injury.
    LOUIS PATYK

5th of Aug, 2008

Yeah, it might cause a fight, but at least the soccer Mom will get to eat her ice cream.
    Go Baskin Robbins!
    To Hell with anybody who gets in the way of eating their ice cream!!! In your face!!!

She shoulda said 'In your face motha ###a" That would have been funnier.

• Cu
      7th of Aug, 2008

Oh my God, I absolutely love the "in your face" commercial, it is hilarious...What is offensive about it? Ice cream brings out the kid in this grown-up, that's all it's about...has nothing to do with child abuse, where tha hell did that come from? Loosen up ladies, try smearing baskin- robbins all over your chest, pull your hubbies face into it while screaming "IN YOUR FACE!!!", then maybe you will quit watching so damn much TV!!...Oh and Baskin -Robbins...pleeease put the original commercial back on, it is perfect...I was so upset when I saw it had been changed, I came right to my pc to post my complaint. I KNEW it was because of some bleeding heart, sexually frustrated, soccer moms behind it all!! Don't give in, keep the commercial...if you discover that sales drops off considerably due soley to the commercial, THEN change it...otherwise IN YOUR FACE soccer moms!!!...oh and GET A LIFE too, while you're at it. ;)

• Jb
      12th of Aug, 2008

So sad that BR caved to a bunch of idiot whiners.

It's called HUMOR people!!! Get over it!

Great comments Curt! *thumbs up

14th of Aug, 2008

oh for pete's sake it's JUST A COMMERCIAL!!! as a matter of fact I think it was awesome!!! now because of all the cry~babies that complained about it, they went and changed it and now it's kinda corny...get over yourselves people...find something better to complain about!!! geez...you're all just so perfect I'm sure. pssh

18th of Aug, 2008

I loved the in your face ad. It was so funny. Thanks thought police for getting it pulled off the air. You must be a bunch of Democrats. I hate you all. Die. Die. Die.

20th of Aug, 2008

Now they got the coach giving the ###ed Mom a high five. So he is endorsing her behavior.
    Just as bad or worse. Get new writers Baskin Robbins, no one except a few ###s here thinks it is funny.

• Li
      21st of Aug, 2008

I am pretty liberal when it comes to humor, but the "in your face" ad was in the poorest of tastes. The ice cream is the last thing you are paying attention to - instead one is shocked to see and hear a grown woman yelling a rude remark in the face of a child. I figured it would garner enough flack to get the attention of the powers that be at Baskin Robbins. The "high five" replacement is a good choice.

• Do
      14th of Sep, 2008

Twice in past month I have stopped at your Baskin Robins outlet on McCorkle Ave in Charleston WV to purchase some sugar free ice cream for my wife who has sugar diab. Both times I have been informed that the store had no sugar free ice cream. Out of at least 25 to 30 or more flavors of ice cream there was no sugar free. This time, however, today, a young man, perhaps the manager advised me that he had a bucket of sugar free ice cream in the back but that if he brought it out he would have to cut it in half and I would have to buy half of it. ?????????
    Is this Baskin Robins policy towards their customers?

• Ae
      2nd of Aug, 2011

If you don't like it don't watch it simple enough, and saying they should be fined 25 Million makes me want to see you in a mental hospital. ITS A COMMERCIAL!