Banfield / bad service

1 3351 Jefferson Davis HwyAlexandria, VA, United States Review updated:

Today, I've taken my cat to the Banfield Pet Hospital (#447), and had a very unpleasant experience there. I have called them earlier today to inquire about a walk-in service, which included obtaining a health certificate for my cat. I was told by the person who answered the phone to go ahead and come in without an appointment. One hour after I called, I showed up at their clinic, where I was asked to fill out tons of paperwork. Afterwards, the receptionist named Rosaline (or something similar, I�m not sure) told me that they don't have a veterinarian with a certification license on site. Now, I have told her right away, when I walked in, that I came to get a health certificate for my cat, and yet I was still asked to fill out paperwork, even though they had no licensed doctor. That made no sense at all. I actually left from work earlier after getting a confirmation from that receptionist via the phone that I could come in for a health certificate. I drove in traffic for over an hour to the hospital, where I got nothing but disrespect. When I asked to speak to a supervisor or a manager, they told me to wait. Well, I waited for almost an hour together with my poor cat. I spent forty-five minutes in the reception area, waiting to talk to a supervisor, because I could not get any satisfactory response to any of my questions from a very slow and disrespectful receptionist. She obviously had no clue what she was talking about, and kept wasting my time. Eventually, that same receptionist informed me that the supervisor can't see me, unless it's an emergency. That was a bottom line, and I left.

The Banfield employee, a receptionist that I had to deal with, wasn�t trying to help me at all. She was just sitting there, faking a smile, and saying that it wasn�t her who told me to come. However, I spoke with her on the phone at least twice, and I recognized her voice. Plus, she introduced herself when answering the phone, so I knew perfectly well that it was her, Rosaline, who was incompetent to the point it became ridiculous. Yet, she was looking me in the eye and kept repeatedly lying to me. At the end she refused to call a manager. If the supervisor was busy, she could have called the manager. I had to call the store manager, after I left, and he had no clue about the situation, he was actually surprised that he wasnt informed.

If they simply told me that they didnt have a doctor with a current license to issue health certificates, I would have gone to another clinic and be done with it. Time was really of the essence for me, because we needed the health certificate for my cat to travel this week. I don't understand why Banfield so carelessly hires people who are so incompetent, who make a joke out of the customer service and who lie shamelessly to the customers.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      10th of Jun, 2009

This is to all of the ppl who want to bash banfield. I have taken many of my animals there and find nothing wrong with them. They took care of a puppy that was riddled full of worms and parisites that we had gotten from a breeder and treated her as if it was there own puppy!! I have never had any problems with them, in fact I feel as though they take care of my aminals as if they were a part of there own family. And for the ones who want to complain about them just trying to sell wellness plans I want you to go to a "real" vet when your animal gets sick and see how much you will pay for the visit!!! The wellness plans are like having medical insurance for your animal!!! Put it this way would you get medical insurance for your kids??? Most everybody I know thinks of their animals as part of their family you would do it for them why not do it for your animal? As far as Banfield killing your dog they automatically do an ecropsy guess that will prove you wrong!!! Here's a question if you are so upset did you take the dogs home to give it a proper burial since it meant so much to you!!!

• N5
      23rd of Nov, 2009

You probably needed a International health cert., which you can only get from a accredited vet. You should known this way before hand. You could of saved youself a trip and aggravation. A regular health cert. is very different from an international one, this probably should of been explained to you when you made plans to go away...