Bag Borrow or Steal BBOS / breach of contract, mislead

I cannot describe how bad Bag Borrow or Steal is. The customer service is so bad it is shocking. I haven't seen anything like it. I'm an attorney so I'm well aware of contract law. I saw a Chanel bag I liked. I also recently got an email from BBOS saying that they would offer me $412 for my Alexander McQueen bag. I then called their customer service & told them I was waiting for my credit for the McQueen bag so I could use it towards the Chanel bag. A lady called Rachel assured me that I would get the $412 once the inspection of my McQueen bag was done & to simply buy the Chanel bag & they would put $412 onto my card as soon as the McQueen inspection was done. I called 3 times to confirm this & BBOS confirmed it would be done. On this assurance, I purchased the Chanel bag with my credit card thinking they would recredit me. Well it was all a scam. A few days later, after I had purchased the Chanel bag, I called BBOS asking whether they had recredited me the $412 as they said they would. To my utter surprise, they told me that my McQueen bag was not to their liking & they therefore hadn't recredited anything to my card. It was in total breach of their promise to me. I then asked for the Chanel purchase to be cancelled and I was told that it would take a whole 7 days for the money to even go back on my card. I was mislead, misinformed and I believe the whole thing was a breach of contract. To add insult to injury, the staff were rude, (in particular a lady called Jennifer), unprofessional and did not even offer me credit or any compensation for my loss. I have no idea how this company gets away with these scams and stays in business.

Ya
Apr 5, 2013
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Wh
      3rd of Jun, 2014

This company offers you money for your purse, then they decline to purchase without any information. I have requested to speak to supervisors and management to no avail. In addition they sent me an address label that UPS couldn't track and accused UPS of losing it

• Ba
      5th of Apr, 2013

Hello,
    We are very sorry to hear of your recent experience. When selling an item to us, the quote extended to you is contingent upon inspection of the item at our facility, this was the process you were waiting on.

We do our very best to evaluate an item over the original submission and images the customer submits for the quote, however because some things are not foreseen, as a precaution we require the inspection before officially purchasing the item. We do state the quote is contingent, in our communication with our potential sellers. Normally we will not issue a refund for an order purchased before you receive your funds for the item being sold to us. However the exception was made for you, that we would refund the amount of your store credit from the item sold once AND if that was done, to the item you had ordered as we do want you to get the items you want and we know they go fast.

Because the item being sold was declined, we could not process the refund. By no means do we want items purchased to be returned however as soon as you had requested the item to be canceled, we did so by returning the shipment to our facility and issuing your refund for the total amount of the Chanel originally purchased. We apologize if that was unclear, your full refund was issued yesterday April 4, 2013. Once we issue the refund, it is up to your financial institution to get those funds back to you which typically takes 2-3business days.

We do apologize that neither transaction worked in your favor and that you were disappointed. If you would like to discuss this further you may contact the Customer Service Manager at 206-965-8647.
    Sincere Apologies,