backpage.com / backpage does not make posting guidelines clear, then bans from editing

Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

I am livid. I am a dominatrix for a living... A non-sex performing, law abiding, safe sane and consensual bdsm player who advertises on the "domination and fetish" section of backpage. I've tried to contact bp numerous times and never heard so much as a basic response. I have been banned from editing my ad several times - typically ads that I paid to have reposted 26 times - because I used a word I had no idea was banned and that in no way implied illegal services. This impedes my ability to update customers and get business - I am paying for the ad, I should get at least a polite reply. The last one was the kicker. I used the term "small wee wee" in reference to small penis humiliation - this is not illegal - it is not illegal to humiliate someone. I would have had no problem taking it out of my ad - but there is no banned words list, there is no way to know what is banned and what isn't. Apparently the word "double" is banned (I use it in the context of double domme sessions, I assume it was banned because of a sexual practice). My website is also banned from being linked to, even though it is much more mild than other sites i've seen linked - no sex, no nudity - I have to link to my blog, which is inconvenient as hell. I am really angry. First it was limiting ads to 500 *characters* which doesn't even give the provider the chance to say she doesn't offer sexual services or what she does and does not offer... Only enough room to write a couple of sentences. Guess what? That's an escort thing, not a domme thing - a domme is happy to give you *all* the information, straight out, and answers your questions - while escorts offering an illegal service write one or two line ads because they don't want to incriminate themselves.

I don't appreciate being treated like this. Backpage is one of the main places people look to find others to fulfill their fetish and bdsm impulses or needs - and quite honestly at this point the vast majority of ads have been banned from being edited which hurts both the clients and the honest hardworking dommes trying to make a living. I don't appreciate being equated with an escort or a hooker. And I certainly don't appreciate a company that is getting my money to post ads not even being courteous enough to provide a list of banned words or inform me that a word is not okay to use instead of preventing me from updating an ad I bloody paid for.

Anyone who wants to look down their nose at me for my profession or think that my opinion means nothing - it's not about that. This is about customer service and fairness. If backpage doesn't want our business, get rid of the section - it's really as simple as that. Stop screwing up legitimate law abiding providers and actually *read* the ad and realize the implied meaning instead of doing a search of keywords and banning any ad that has that word - not all uses of the word "double" mean double penetration, and not all uses of the word "wee wee" indicate that there is something involving contact with one in the ad. Though on that note, cbt is technically legal. Cbt does not mean hand job, trust me on that.

• Patrickmorris's Response, Jul 26, 2017

People trying hurt my family with this id 7063720300

• abgale's Response, Dec 10, 2017

I been asking over & over on yr contacts & no response I have 25 posted to my account I would like to renew my ad if you sent me a code to veryfiy township of my no 8159958795 thanku

• Chelsea1982's Response, Mar 14, 2018

Hi!. I'm very worried because I send last Friday March 09 a $200 money orden and I still waiting to see my credits on my account... almost a week... can u help me with that?

Tnks a lot

My email account: [protected]@gmail.com

Comments

•   Apr 13, 2011

Very well written. Their policy seems unfair and it seems they are goings overboard...but it could be their webhost setting the rules. Many try to police us to their own standards.

There are many other well-known sites that are much more lenient. Search around and if you haven't done so yet, trade links on like-minded sites

• Fr
      Jun 07, 2011

Check it out, someone else is complaining about the same things...and worse!

• Je
    Backpage - Important
    Clearwater
    Florida

I believe someone has put a false ad about me and if so I will be pressing charges so I would hope you would help me so this doesn't go any further, her name is Kendra Valuto or Ian Wooten. If either of them have made an ad about me I need to know because I've been getting messages saying they believe they've seen me on backpage

Backpage - Where do we entertain the guys what site
    San bruno
    California

San Francisco Airport area of anybody knows please call me mature m*** I would like to know my phone number is 415 240-5546 let me know where we post that I appreciate it thank you or I am in the LA area sexy mami want to know . Call me anytime

• Le
    Backpage - Owners
    Elyria
    Ohio

0-you got my $20 ?
    I don't give a [censored]. Your dead to everyone.
    Backpage whore lovers... You got my $20 [censored] face?

• Ex
    Backpage - Cannot get my ad up
    Canada

Whats wrong i cant use my credits to post

• Mo
    Backpage - Never got the credits i bought
    seattle
    Washington

I bought 40 dollars worth of credits using bitcoin cash and the next day it wasn't there. I sent a message from your backpage page and never got a response.

Just know that I will be contacting better business bureau and calling you every day until I get the credit I bought!

• Br
    Backpage - Shut down and stole my credits
    backpage.com

Is there any way to get my money back ? I filed a dispute with Vanilla Card, their scam of using a 3 rd party to get paid, they are not helpful and shut my prepaid credit card down with $60 left on it while they "investigate" my claim.
    Please if anyone can give advice on how to recoup my money ? Very much appreciated

• St
    Backpage - credits
    Muskegon
    Michigan

I purchased credits for my page thru paxful ad it never appeared I just did it I usually do it and it appear when I get email not this time can you fix this issue. this process is taking longer than what it should or can ii get my money back
    email : [protected]@gmail.com

• Ve
    Backpage - Sex sells gn and PIMP
    Jersey City
    New Jersey

I have a number with girl and PIMP

• Ky
    Backpage - Posting online
    Dallas
    Texas

Hi I have used your site for probably 7 years and now I am having problems I got a Gift Card the money is not credited yet to my acct. Please let me know what is going on I did use a Gift Card from Amazon 25.00. It did get accepted where is my credit for the 25.00 I am suppose to get 15.00 in credits

• Ro
    Backpage - Women seeking men
    Fayetteville
    Arkansas

On march 5 I ordered a prostitute and she scammed me of $100 by me giving her the money and she said that she's gonna get something from her car she just drove off and I have her phone number it's 4175674479 and I would do anything to get that money back so please contact me at 4793011872 when you have time

• Um
      Aug 21, 2018
    Backpage - someone is advertising creating account from my phone number
    Australia

i just got so many messages on my number that i posted ads which i didnt. it means someone somehow got onto my number and created backpage account by my phone number. please help. my phone number is +61420801430 and also u guys can contact me on my email [protected]@yahoo.com

Backpage - Money order

Backpage - Backpage stealing my money on amazon card
    Gastonia
    North Carolina
    backpage.com

I posted on www. Backpagedollars.com after I had added $25 to my amazon card two days has now passed and I still yet to receive anything in my account I was wondering what this company may be able to do since the site that this site provided pretty much took my money.

Backpage - Dating
    Tucson
    Arizona

When I posted my ad i made in error in one of the digits in my phone number. It's been posted it was just brought to my attention the number is posted incorrect. It is not letting me edit and update ?

• Ny
    Backpage - Please remove my phone number 772-210-3600

someone posted my phone number on Backpage as a joke and I keep receiving send 7 to 10 phone calls a day and I'd like to have that phone number remove 772-210-3600 Ira keep receiving phone calls from Atlanta Vegas and taxes not sure where the ad is posted and I need to add remove.

• Pe
    Backpage - Massage service provided by provider phone # (619) 405-6362‬
    San Diego
    California

Arrived 40 minutes later than agreed time. After payment in front, only serve for 19 mins, left as if picking up an urgent call, and never returned. Stay away from this provider.

• Ic
    Backpage - Personals
    Lancaster
    California

I bought a target gift card to put credits on my account it said it successfully went through and now my credits aren't there like that's money I really needed you guys can't keep taking my money and I'm trying too use your services that's not fair

• Jb
    Backpage - Women seeking men
    Irvine
    California

Attempted to scam me out of $550. Someone I had met on your site.

• Li
    Backpage - Fake ad scamming men
    Bowling Green
    Kentucky

• Post ID: 13614418 bowlinggreen
    She is scamming men for their money she makes different ads with different pictures and is always off exit 22 in bowling green her real name is felica bunton.

• Ap
      Sep 01, 2018
    Backpage - This girl name tamara in bowling green kentucky is posting fake ads
    Bowling Green
    Kentucky

They are not her real pictures she is tricking people.She is scamming men out of their money it is not right at all.

Backpage - Frauds
    Tuscaloosa
    Alabama

I woke up this morning several calls stating crazy things .someone created an ad using my phone number can you please remove it 8504837217. I am a mother this is not me in the photo I never gave anyone. Any permission to use my number . I would gladly appreciate if you reach out or...

Backpage - Tried to post an ad
    Tampa

It said
    Oops!
    An error occurred while placing your ad. Email us at [protected]@backpage.com for additional info. Please include the ad you are trying to place.

Backpage - Didn't receive creds
    Lynn
    Massachusetts

Why do you steal people's money ?! 50 dollar give card u took the money off the card and never gave me my creds!!! Wt[censored]

• Lo
      Sep 01, 2018
    Backpage - Wtf is this mess!!!
    Kitchener
    Ontario
    Canada

My account is held hostage right now which is effecting my business. I have not been able to post for a full 48hrs now. Poops up a message and says oops something happened please contact us for more info. Five times ! Five times I sent an email inquiring and of course got no reply at all! Fix this please I'm very frustrated!

• Po
    Backpage - Bitcoin4Backpage.com
    Backpage.com

Bitcoin4Backpage is a website that Backpage directs their customers to for uploading Credits towards your Backpage Account.

It is another option for buying Bitcoins.

It is a fraudulent website that will take your money, and give you NO Bitcoins. The fact that Backpage recommends this website to their customers is wrong!

• Ab
      Sep 01, 2018
    Backpage - my ad wowen seeking men
    Rockford
    Illinois

I have over 25 ads under my account I am trying to renew my ad I have submitted contacts to you over & over with no response all I want is I like a code sent to my no 8159958795 so I can verify ownership of my no so I can renew my ad & post thanks very much

• Od
      Sep 01, 2018
    Backpage - cant renewing my add or adding new adds
    Brantford
    [protected]@gmail.com

it would of been nice to be provide the info on how to add a social media page to your back page add and that they have a new term i dont like the idea of associating my personal social media account with the back page public will the public be able to acccses mt fb page or instagram!!!

#suchaninconvineance
    truly
    [protected]@gmail.com

• Tr
    Backpage - Prostitution ad
    Miami
    Florida

This person keeps stealing my pics for a backpage ad repeatedly I've asked them to please stop, this is identity theft. This is not right http://miami.backpage.com/WomenSeekMen/305-879-8074/76846897

• Pe
    Backpage - Bitcoins
    Lakecharles

My credits didn't hit my account

Backpage - I cannot repost my ad
    New Haven
    Connecticut

I am trying to repost an ad that I have had on Backpage for a year-and-a-half now I'm told that I need a social media page age. I have a Facebook account. Why am I unable to post my ad? I need help! I have sent multiple emails to Backpage for help with this and no one has gotten back to me!

Backpage - Community removed ads
    Myrtle Beach
    South Carolina

My ad is being community removed and I want to know how/why??

• Br
    Backpage - My money is not showing up
    Atlanta, GeorgiaAtlanta

I sent money from paxful twice and my money is not on my backpage account my email [protected]@gmail.com

• Ha
    backpage.com - Advertising women seeking men section
    backpage.com

This is getting ridiculous that I have to pay for an ad that only has a number, the guys contacting me from BP are complaining.

Backpage needs to go back to their old format where at least the guys have an idea of what they are clicking on before they click.

I will have to move on from advertising on bp as I'm losing money, what a [censored] show.

• Pr
      Sep 03, 2018
    Backpage - Community Removed
    Miami
    Florida

This is not the first time this issue has occurred. BP is basically getting paid all of this money per day & rejecting ads. I lost over $20.

• Mz
      Sep 05, 2018
    Backpage - ad community removed
    Raleigh
    North Carolina

Hello my ad got deleted I'm not sure the reason why but I would like a reimbursement please that would be great the title says early bird specials BBW Redbone no explicit words my ad was posted for less than 30 minutes

• Bo
    Backpage - women seeking men
    Clifton Park
    New York

Y is it saying I need an insta gram act or fb profile to post an ad? It never asked for this b4. And how do I go about doing it via fb acct?

• Mi
    Backpage - took my money no credits /can't post
    Meridian
    Idaho

Yes I've been posting adds for over a year now I can't they were free now telling me I gotta pay and when I do it don't show money on my account this is not the first time I loaded 200 a couple months go and still can't find it please fix my account

• Ke
    Backpage - unpaid credits

I've paid for over 30 credits over three weeks now and still yet received them. Pathetic