Avelle / Refurbishment Failure

I just received Louis Vuitton bucket purse back from Avelle and it looks exactly the same as before I sent it in. They received the purse June 28, 2010 and I requested the standard refurbishment package. It took over three months for them to return my bag, and there are almost no discernible differences.

My bag was in worse condition than probably the majority of bags they refurbish. When I sent it in, I indicated that I was going to have the leather bottom and thin leather edging on the top of the bag replaced by Louis Vuitton after I had the bag reconditioned by Avelle. The representative from the refurbishment department and I agreed that it made little sense to do anything to the leather areas of the bag that were going to be replaced, so the bottom and the top edging would not be treated.

What I wanted was the standard package-- some deodorizing, hand polishing of the hardware, cleaning of the inside and outside of the bag, and conditioning of the leather that was to remain on the bag. I figured the better condition the bag is in before I take it to Louis Vuitton, the less the repairs would cost me.

After three months and several delays, the bag was returned to me today. There is dirt on the hardware (the kind of brown schmutz that accumulates when a sticker leaves behind its sticky), which does not look to have been polished at all, it has the exact same smell; it honestly doesn't look as if anything was done to it. I was prepared for some of the areas of the bag to look the same (the bottom and the thin leather edging on the top of the bag), but none of the leather (the strap, the leather going down the sides) appears to have been treated or conditioned whatsoever. What a disappointment.

I could have put my purse in a closet for three months, saved the money, and gotten the exact same results.

Lc

More Avelle Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Il
      Sep 30, 2010

Dear Refurbishment Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry about this. I do not understand why the bag was returned to you looking like no additional work had been done.

I would like to consult with our Refurbishment Team to try and get to the bottom of this. However, I do not know who you are from this posting alone. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss this further. You can reach me by e-mail at erin.[protected]@bbosmail.com or by phone at 206.965.8631 or toll free at 866.922.2267 x 1103.

Again, my apologies for this experience. I look forward to hearing from you soon so I can help rectify this situation for you.

Sincerely,