Aveda / they are just another greedy company trying to masquerade as an ethical company

United States Review updated:

I had a horrible interaction with Golden Shears, an Aveda Concept Salon in Albuquerque. When I contacted Aveda to report the incident, I was told that there was nothing they can do about individual salons, as they are individually owned; however, they would try to contact the owner/manager and discuss the issues.

After four days and at least two different/conflicting stories from the owner, Aveda refused to assist further. I was shocked that even after the manager lied directly to Aveda, their "Customer Care" team would not provide any assistance.

As a loyal customer of the Aveda product and philosophy, I expected if they put their name on a salon, they would expect/mandate that salon to do their business by a set of ethical rules. Unfortunately, despite the image advertised by Aveda, they are unconcerned with the individual customer. They are just another greedy company trying to masquerade as an ethical company. Aveda should be ashamed. And I am ashamed that I believed your hype.

Ho

Comments

• Go
      5th of Aug, 2013

Aveda sucks. They have completely changed since they began in what? The 60s, since they sold out to Estee Lauder or Clinique or whatever. You can't trust them anymore. They have discontinued all of my favorite products and are totally commercial and driven by greed now just like any other Wal-Mart. I am not exaggerating when I say at least 12 of my favorite products have been discontinued and or replaced by lesser quality, more expensive, fouler smelling ones. Irate doesn't begin to describe how I feel. I hope to God, a new company comes along that will compete on the same level with Aveda and steals all of their business away. After more than 20 years of loyal support, this is what they have driven me to. If I wanted f'n Clinique I would have bought Clinique to begin with. And BTW way, instead of a bunch of well meaning hippie globalists, they are now just a bunch of over-priced, pretentious yuppies and I can't stand that chicks annoying fake British accent on the site's advertisement. Every night I am going to pray that someone comes along to replace Aveda and teach them a thing or two about customer service. Before I paid for the product because it was worth it, smelled great and worked, now, I am looking all but else where. Thanks, Aveda, it's my birthday this week, wonderful birthday present to find all my favorite products discontinued when I went to go order them! Pretentious A-holes!

• Go