Auction Monster / Unauthorized charges to my account!

I ordered the ebay sales training tool kit. It was supposed to be free, just pay shipping and handling. They charged my account $59.95 and caused my account to be overdrawn. I called the number thats on the site. [protected]. They said the charge is for monthly website hosting. Nowhere in any of the information that I have says anything about being charged for this. Once they have your card number they just charge whatever the funk they want. I created such a fuss on the phone they said they reimbursed my account and cancel my order.

Comments

• Cn
      16th of Jun, 2007

They just did the same thing to me. I am pissed! Thieves!!!

• Ab
      17th of Jun, 2007

Yes it happened to me same couple months ago. As they say 1.87 is fee. I request to ebayer or money making sites or doing fraud. Once inter cc they charge in minutes and got surprise we got cc statements.

Auction Monster auction is big fraud scamer.

• Ae
      18th of Jun, 2007

Thank You for posting these complaints, I was about to submit my information and thought I'd do an online search first... I sure am glad I did... I can't have bounced check fees at $35.00 a pop from them taking $60.00 from me!!! Again thanks!!

• Kh
      20th of Jun, 2007

I never heard of or order a thing from them. Yet they and several other purchases have been charged to my account. Someone out there has to be selling or stealing cc info to these scam artists... I've canceled my cc and reported the fraudulent charges... it reallying bugging me though how these people got my info .. and how they keep getting away with it. From what i can gather on other discussions on this board it seems to be a very common occurrence. And it most definitely needs to be stopped. I believe I have been very careful with who i dealt with and gave my cc info too but I guess I will definitely have to look a lot harder at what internet companies i do business with in the future. Someone out there is not all they claim to be.

• Ri
      20th of Jun, 2007

I just got stun in Adelaide Australia with Auction Monster--their e-Bay booklet refused to download properly--then they started to help themselves to my Credit Card-=-the bummer is waiting for a new card--& notifying people that my Credit Card exists no longer--a*****les!!

21st of Jun, 2007

This scam started out with a free offer and silently charging people a fee. They should be shut down by ebay otherwise Ebay will get a bad rep.

If anyone see a charge on your bank or cc statement: MC-DR *AUCTION MONSTER 866-897-0662 CO that's the scam... beware!!!

25th of Jun, 2007

The same has happened to me. - Brisbane Australia

• Je
      27th of Jun, 2007

I am another victim.... They just charged my account with an indiscriminate amount.

• Mo
      27th of Jun, 2007

I found my account have been charged by the auction monster $64.90 after s&h have been charged $2.02 as same as any victims. Why ebay let them scam because they used ebay logo for hook the victim I thought most of all are ebayer. Someone tell me how to do with this fraud.

• Ra
      28th of Jun, 2007
    Auction Monster - Charged and never received goods
    United Kingdom

I was charged the incorrect amount never received the goods and this charge was repeated. Very annoyed.

• To
      28th of Jun, 2007

Same thing just happened to me (small charge followed by $59.95), although I never had any type of transaction with these people. I have no idea how they got my credit card number unless eBay / PayPal security has failed. I would suggest disputing any charge from Auction Monster.

• Ha
      29th of Jun, 2007

Purchased EBay instructions and free plus P&H. Now charging my credit card US$ 60.00 per month.

• Kh
      30th of Jun, 2007

Well i canceled my account and disputed all four non authorized charges. The 1.87 auction monster charge was credited back to my account by the bank and a 49.22 charge by valenterprises was canceled. And recredited to my account by the charger (who had called me at home before shipping their product which time i told them i did not authorize the purchase ) and two other small charges are under investigation. All four charges are each under different company names but were all made on the same day and must be related.

• Br
      1st of Jul, 2007
    DR Auction Monster - Scam and fraud!

The tape I ordered was supposed to be free, but I still had to pay for shipping and handling. Now my credit card has been charged 2months in a row for 59.95! I now have to report this to my credit card company and try to get this company to refund my money.

Beware!

• Na
      3rd of Jul, 2007

Did anybody read the disclosures link stating after the free 14 day trial, there will be a $59.95 monthly charge on your credit card and another monthly charge for about $12.99 per month membership for discount for buying their products at discount? The link is available before you agree for the $1.87 plus tax charge.

• Ad
      7th of Jul, 2007

I was charged indiscriminately without purchasing anything from auction monster. Kindly cancel the monthly charges off my account and refund the £70 deducted from my account.

8th of Jul, 2007

When i became aware of what had happed i called 800-609-5118. They refunded the money no questions asked.

8th of Jul, 2007

I just noticed this charge of 59.95 from my checking account and I do not order anything and do not use eBay. What the heck is this"? I have notified my bank and will contact the company and notified the Better Business in addition I plan to contact an attorney.

I would like to know how a company can access someone's account and fraudulently withdrawal without consequences.

Debbie

• Pa
      14th of Jul, 2007

I am getting a real headache from this fraudulent company. They never contact be back. I hve been trying to cancel my account with calls messages, in writing and emails since the day I opened it and have had no confirmation reply. The terms state that I had the right to cancel within the first 3 days. On the fourth day, money was taken from my credit card - this is a scam website...

Calling their number from the UK, I just seem to be on hold permanently (which costs more money I don''t have!).

Paul.

18th of Jul, 2007

I've been stung by this group of scammers too. The most annoying thing is that I'd never heard of them until I saw the Company name on my cc statement! According to my cc company they took £2.88 in May, then another £34.11 on 28 June 2007.

All of us who have so far made a complaint appear to have a common link - eBay & Paypal. This makes me think there's something wrong with their site security. I'm 199% certain that I've definitely bought anything from this company, so something fraudulent is happening somewhere and costing all of us a great deal of heartache (& money!)

I'm now attempting to claim my money back from my cc - fingers crossed that I succeed. I can't afford for someone to be stealing money from me each month.
    Have tried to contact them on the number given and sat on hold for approx 15mins - another expensive phone call!!