Atlantic Legal Group / Failure to refund the money for the services not provided

1 1375 Gateway BlvdBoynton Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 561-767-3030

In December 2009, I paid Atlantic Legal Group $2, 500 to represent me during my divorce. On top of $2, 500 for the divorce, I gave a check for $1, 000 to William (Bill) Ridings for criminal defense. William (Bill) Ridings reassured me that $1, 000 check would only be cashed if we needed to provide a defense for myself, which we never had to. Nevertheless, the check was cashed. I called William (Bill) Ridings and asked him why did he cash my check. He said that he would check his records and if they did not perform a criminal defense for me, he would send me a check back. On October 26 at 11:04 a.m., I received a call from Bill Ridings. Mr. Ridings said that as he did not perform a criminal defense for me, he will send me a check for $1, 000. He even took my address. I have been waiting for a check for more than a month. I have received $0. I contacted Atlantic Legal Group and asked to speak to Bill Ridings. The receptionist (Mike) transferred me to his voicemail. I left a voicemail, explained to him the situation and asked to give me a call back. I waited a couple of days but did not receive any phone calls. I kept calling for two weeks, left multiple messages on general voicemail, with this receptionist Mike and on his voice mail. I did not hear from him. I called the accounting department of Atlantic Legal group and explained to them that I have been waiting for $1000 refund check for more than a month from Bill Ridings. They had no idea what I was talking about, and they were very rude and even hung the phone up on me saying they did not want to talk to me. I called back and asked them why they were so rude, and then they said that I owe them money for the divorce THAT NEVER HAPPENED! I did my research on this company and was not surprised that BBB rated this company F on a scale from A to F. This place needs to be closed down before they scam more people. I just filed the Florida Bar and Better Business Bureau complaint.

Re

More Atlantic Legal Group Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Lo
      5th of Sep, 2011

The Atlantic legal group, Tell you what you want to hear. While putting their hands in to your pocket for your last dime. I gave them $2, 500.00 to defend me in foreclosure, I was told that William Riding would be there for me during mediation with my worthless mortgage company. But he was a no show, sent someone who looked like just got out his back seat. No business card, .They never filed a motion on my behalf. So I'm out thetre in the cold. To dam late, to file any motion now. PLEASE contact the FL Barr.