ASPCA / $60 to ask a question?!
My dog swallowed some claritin and I was really concerned about her. She's a big dog but she's still a puppy (6 months old).
I looked up the number for animal poison control and gave them a call. Since it's free to call poison control for humans I figured it would be for animals too! Boy was I wrong! They were going to charge me $60 to ask a question. What if the medication had no affect on my puppy? Then I'd be paying $60 to hear someone say "She'll be fine". I think it is ridiculous how the ASPCA claims to care about animals, yet they wouldn't help me help my dog. I was donating monthly to the ASPCA but I refuse to now. Because what have they done to help me lately? Not save my dog! Who happened to be a shelter dog! So I saved her life once, why can't they help me do it again?! I'm very very mad. I got in touch with a local animal hospital who was VERY helpful. After 2 previous ones turned me down and told me they would charge me $90 if they had to call poison control themselves. So much for caring about all animals.
More ASPCA Complaints & Reviews
- ASPCA - Failure to investigate complaint 
- ASPCA - ASPCA KILLED OREO THE DOG THROWN FROM A ROOF 
- ASPCA - Petshealth Care Insurance is a Disgrace!! 
- ASPCA - Cruel heartless people 
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) - Animal Poison Control Hotline
- ASPCA - poison control hotline
- American Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals [ASPCA] - commercials
- Aspca.org - The money still was in process and no one replied to my emails