Apria Healthcare - Phoenix, Arizona / stellar customer service from apria healthcare!

After being diagnosed with sleep apnea some time ago my sleep study people advised a procedure called Continuous positive airway pressure (cpap for short). Initially after having trouble with my first cpap mask I was advised to switch headgear and masks and they recommended a new model that was supposedly much more tolerable than the old model.

So far so good.

The nature of durable medical equipment constitutes a new headgear and mask at every three month interval. For the past 6 orders (18 months) I have consistently been sent the incorrect mask on each subsequent reorder which turns out to be the original older model that I had originally ordered but have since changed. When I called to plead with them to please take the old mask out of their computer to avoid any further shipping errors each time they agreed but the old incorrect mask kept coming. Yesterday I had a conversation with a lady named Rochelle and here is the exact transcript from the call.

Apria: Hello my name is Rochelle how may I help you today?

Me: Hello may I begin with your employee ID please?

Rochelle: Silence permeates the receiver

Me: Hello?

Rochelle: How may I help you?

Me: Yes may I please have your employee ID please?

Rochelle: I'm not going to give that to you it's private.

Me: Alright then Rochelle let me have your supervisor please?

Rochelle: And what is this regarding

Me: I'll explain that to your supervisor

Rochelle: Hold on

60 seconds goes by

Rochelle: Hello my supervisor would like to know what this is regarding?

Me: Put her on and I will explain it to her

30 seconds elapses.

Rochelle: My supervisor is not at her desk can I take a message?

Me: No thank you I will contact the corporate office.

Rochelle: Fine I could care less

Me: That's obvious

Call disconnects

So there you have it folks another prime example of stellar customer service from a company too long on business and too short on empathy.

Apria Health Care - Phoenix Arizona.

Comments

• Ki
      13th of Jul, 2007

I agree... terrible service! However our employee ID is personal. We are not allowed to give that out. You see Rochelle there on the other line was not aware that you had 6 masks that were wrong and you were calling in with preconceived notions.

If you were to call my branch I certainly would have NEVER let you get off the phone that way!

Two cents from Customer Service on the Central Coast of Cali.

15th of Mar, 2008

It can be very upsetting to feel as if your voice is not being heard by the company your must do business with, however, the patient/customer must also take some responsibilty in their home care.
    Calling and being rude or angry will not get you the results you feel you should receive. If you had taken the time to calmly speak to the CS person you would have gotten alot further. You can't treat some as if they are your servent and expect them to roll over.
    Apria is a big company and may have issues that must be corrected but you as the patient must also be as respectful to the voice on the other end of the phone as you expect them to be to you. Being an adult also means attempting to resolve your problem without reducing the conversion to threats.

• Gu
      12th of Apr, 2010

Apria has been double billing, charging my credit card as well as my insurance. My insurance has paid all of the montly amounts. I contacted Apria a number of times and after numerous on hold calls, in January, I was assured that I should be receiving a refund. Now it is april and I have spent another 45 minutes attempting to resolve this issue. It appears that my only solution might be to follow up through legal chanels.
    I just wonder, how many other people have been double billed. Some form of discovery procedure might be interesting.

• Ce
      16th of Mar, 2011

I have not had even marginal service from the service people who answer when I call from Phoenix Arizona. I wish I had never switched companies. I have had many bad experiences with these guys. However today I called to inquire where my mask and tubing were after automatically ordering it from a phone call. It never came so I called and Sean answered the phoenix he was polite understood I needed it today since the tubing broke he set it up so I could go get it. I was satisfied with that but my old company Pacific Pulmonary would have delivered it to me today. So better but not good.

5th of Sep, 2018
    Apria Healthcare Group - My bank account
    Lake Oswego, Orego

I usually get changed $9 monthly, why is it that you debited my account for more $55.00, please send me an explanation ASAP!