Apria Healthcarecustomer service 800 number billing

H Aug 27, 2016 Review updated:

I called apria healthcare 800 number which i find out is in tennessee. I called yesterday (friday) and another time and had to wait an hour for someone to answer my call. My time is precious and i had other things to do but i had to call them regards to a screwed up bill they keep sending us and calling and harassing us about. Which they are not billing my correct insurance company. I told them numerous times about my insurance change effective jan 1, 2016 but they just can't get it right. I talked to my insurance claim department and they told me to have them put my husband's account on hold since they never received the bills, gave me a reference number so they would stop calling us. I then called apria and when someone finally answered she said she can put my husband's account on hold but cannot stop the calls, etc. I also asked her where i can make a complaint and she said their website which is incorrect information. There is no place to lodge a complaint there. I hope this gets into the proper hands of someone who can do something about this terrible service...

•   Aug 28, 2016

When was your service with them? Before Jan. 1? Or after? How did they get the wrong insurance? You had to have given it to them to begin with. If you had a different insurance when you used their service, then you are responsible for the bill if the insurance refuses to pay it.

•   Aug 28, 2016

Let me add, that if your current insurance is the one who needs to pay, then you can forward the bills to them by emailing or faxing them.