Apria Healthcare / inefficiency / obfuscation

Apria is absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. I am a reasonable person with a couple of questions that I have needed answered, and they won't even give me the common courtesy of a return phone call. They violate every standard of customer service imaginable. I can't begin to state how frustrating this has been. Avoid this company at all costs!

N  25th of Jun, 2007 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
If somebody would like to be a witness for a Denver law firm in a case against Apria Healthcare, please contact Abbey at acohen@irwin-boesen.com or (303) 320 1911. Our case involves Apria failure to provide and maintain oxygen equipment for one of its patients.
N  20th of Feb, 2018 by
@Abbey Cohen i wish i had read this earlier by several years. they stole over $5000.00 from my credit card. they call and leave a message shortly before their office closes and i have to call back before it closes, or wait two months to get my oxygen supplies. when my son is being taken care of by a nurse my wife and i have a date, i am elderly with COPD so we take each chance we get.
i am trying to find a lawyer to help me but none ever call or email me. i guess apria is too large for a lawyer to try to obtain justice against them.
yes, we are frustrated
A  21st of Aug, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I have been having the same problem with supplies. They had me wait all day so I could sign for mask, took the day off (7/20/08). Never came, they then told me I got the mask (for my cpap) on 5/15/08. I ordered it on 7/7/08.
I will be calling my doctor to see it there is another comapny that takes my ins.
This company is USELESS!!!
N  20th of Feb, 2018 by
@Dennis many years late. they would deliver a mask, no nebulizer container, over and over again. then they told kaiser that they had delivered the whole works on a certain day and at 13:00. kaiser dme called me a liar and that it had been delivered.
i let them know that i have security cameras and recordings with date and time. i also mentioned that S.C. Edison had closed off my driveway at 08:00 and finished their work at 16:00. i asked if they wanted copies of th security tapes and, or SC Edison's phone number. the woman apologized.
i let the kaiser dme know that they should stop paying apria for these supplies, only pay for my oxygen. i purchase my nebulizer, $32.00 delivered, and my nebulizer supplies for a dollar or two, delivered.
the nebulizer, mask only, was delivered to me a few months later. it had my address on it and it had been delivered to a different address on a different street. the house it had been delivered to was a vacation home for a family that came up twice a year.
A  24th of Oct, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Apria sends double the amount ordered and charges my insurance provider for the excess. In turn, my insurance provider raises its rates. I’ve called Apria and requested that they come and pick up the excess equipment, but they’ve never responded. What a good deal for everyone except the customers who ultimately end up paying for the wasted equipment!
A  1st of Nov, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I worked for Apria and sometimes i would have to say that I felt that they did treat their customers like cattle. Just sign the contract and your doomed. I looked at how wrong they would do their customers by signing the VISIBLE GOOD on the contract, but in the fine print, says it all. I worked here because I needed a job ASAP, and well... I saw their intentions and they couldnt make me one of them, and because of that i was blamed and discriminated and to get rid of me they went to an extent.
@Ex Employee thank you.
A  11th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I am very frustrated with Apria as well. Since I have been on a cpap machine starting in 2006 I have not been able to sucessfully get supplies from them. It takes repeated calls, and complaining to get anything done. Why does Kaiser keep using them. Why can't the change to Sleep Quest. I heard lots of great things about Sleep Quest.
A  21st of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I have also concluded that Apria is the most poorly managed business that I have ever encountered. Other than the incredibly long waiting periods to get anything accomplished, they also continue to bill me for charges that have been paid. They call my phone, and whether I answer or not, it simply says, "This is apria healthcare trying to reach you with an important message. We will call back later." It gives you no opportunity to speak with anyone about what they might be wanting. And when you attempt to get anyone on the phone to speak about it, it just doesn't happen. Then they eventually turn your name into a collection agency, so that they can collect over and over again. Finally, when you speak to someone at Apria, they tell you that you have already had your last payment, and it's settled. You almost want to believe them, until they send your name to the collection agency next month again. As sad as this is, the repeated number of false billing is now going to make me most likely turn to legal action. I really just would like them to end this.
N  10th of Jun, 2017 by
@Aaron Aaron, I know this was a long time ago, but what happened. We are going to our congressional members office and see what rights we have. Would like to know what happened with your legal action.
N  5th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I live in Pa and I should have known that Apria was a worse company I had delt with. They told me that I should run hoses all over the house due to my oxygen need. I have 2 children one that is autistic and one is still learning to walk. It's a safety hazard. Those people don't care. I was suppose to have equipment the day when I got my refill and Apria doesn't have the equipment due to patients being on a high flow rate. They also told me that they are putting me on a once a month with other patients, which isn't good if I need a refill, it's oh well I gave you another tank.
N  20th of Feb, 2018 by
@Cathy apria put me on a two month plan. at first it was the same quantity but on a two week span. now i am locked into my home because to leave i need oxygen supplements.
they also keep telling me that i am on 2 lpm and i cannot increase it. i asked if they had read my chart or consulted my doctor. i asked which doctor apria has that rewrote my prescription
my prescription from a medical pulmonary doctor states "2 to 4 liters per minute, increase with exercise of exertion".
N  7th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
One thing for all to know. Apria has this new Document call the SSRA, its a form they bring out to you when they deliver equip. ON the back of that form it says you agree to submit payment to apria in full in 30 days weather or not your insurance responded to the claims. Also they have there billing department on this Reacuring Credit Card race to see who can get the most credit card on file and bill monthly regularly. IF you write down you Credit Card# on that form and you sign the form. That peice of paper is a document for the company to automaticaly bill your credit card. Without advising you first. Watch out for this. If you sign its legal for them to bill that Credit Card...
N  13th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I'm going to be specific: My problem has been with Apria in South San Francisco. About a year ago, I was to get a new CPAP machine. While in the office to receive training on its use and receive a machine to test for a week, I asked for a special mask because the one that comes with a machine will not work for me; they embed themselves into the bridge of my nose. They gave me the mask I requested, I unwrapped it and tried it on. When the meeting was over, I packed the machine up, and there was no room for my new mask. I set it aside until I finished closing the carrying case. As a result of one or all of my medical conditions, I have a memory problem, and I left their office without my new mask and did not realize it until I went to bed that night. I called them the next day and asked that they put it aside for me and that I would pick it up when I returned. The woman on the phone avoided responding directly to that request. When I went to them again to return the test machine and accept my new machine, I was told that the mask I had accepted at the previous meeting had been given to another patient and they would send me another. It's been a year and I'm getting masks from cpap.com and Apria will not respond. I have informed Kaiser that I shall NEVER go back to Apria again. I'm looking into other ways to deal with my obstructive sleep apnea. Apria is filled with crooks and liars and thieves. Watch out for them!
N  8th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I worked for Apria as a tech for 5 years. Absolutely the worst run company I've ever seen. The personell (my fellow techs) were great we had, to be to conceal the negligence on the company's part. The problem with apria starts really at the top. My relationship with company has been well documented and was well known for it was an adversrial relationship almost from day one. Integrity does not exist on the managerial and above level. If what I have seen and documented in my five years is prevasive throughout the entire company, I would not be wrong in saying there are many patients at risk. Apria breathed a huge sigh of relief the day I took another job. They wanted to get rid of me but I keep excellent records. I wanted to blow the whistle but I had too many friends employed there. Sorry it took so long to Speak
A  8th of Jul, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I only dealt with Apria for temporary oxygen for my three month old recovering from RSV. It was a HORRIBLE experience working with them. Getting any one to answer questions was a struggle and, even though I had several appointments for oxygen pick up, they never showed. Finally, the guys shows up today THREE DAYS after my appointment. I told him we were expecting him three days ago. His response? "Yeah, well..." That's it. I will NEVER deal with this company again if I can help it. They are rude and horribly inefficient.
N  12th of Aug, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
My maintenance service with this firm is a negligent action in civil court. Repeated requests to this firm's service department have been ignored. Due diligence on the part of the company is to be considered if you have annual requests for maintenance related to the performance of the equipment. Repeated arrangements for appointments were taken by the service department, yet the actual arrival of service personnel to check, change filters, and certify the equipment were missed over the period of three different months contiguous. Follow-up monthly calls were noted yet no physical action was obtained. If another service provider is available in my area, with acceptance of Medicare payments, I will find them.
N  25th of Sep, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
My name is Carl I worked for Apria . I am trying to get together a Class Action Law Suit.
Please get in touch with me so we can contact Kerr & Wagstaffe, they are in San Francisco and have dealt with Apria before in a former class action lawsuit. Their ## is 415 371 8500.
Please get in touch with me so we can move ahead, , , I am very serious

928 234 2778
Make em pay!!!
A  20th of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Apria has the Worst "service" of any place that I've done business. It is Non-Existent!! They do not respond to inquiries & delivery is extremely poor!!! There have to be others, who are willing to do this simple task.
A  20th of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Thats is the Company attitude "it is what it is" I am surprised they are still in business! Besides screwing the Patinets it serves, it is the most dysfunctional Company I have worked for.
A  31st of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My husband's insurance was billed over $10, 000., for supplies that were received from Apria. I discovered I could have purchased them myself for $1, 000. As if that weren't enough, of a profit for them, I have now received bills from Apria asking for payment of the amount that was denied by the insurance.
N  8th of Jan, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Apria uses 4 call centers in USA to field calls from customers. They also use call centers in India. The last straw was when I tried to call my local office for a delivery change. Since all calls go to a regional call center, the lines are tied up for longer than I wish to wait. So much for emergency service! However, I did find a backdoor open in their call answering software and can get to my local people directly. The picture is me in a disguise.
Last week, an elderly woman in Wisconsin had a power outage that lasted two days and shut down her concentrator. She ran out of oxygen canisters and tried to call Apria. The call center people were out that day or the lines were too busy.
She died.
(I made that story up out of bits and pieces of real events)
N  9th of Mar, 2011 by
Working in the DME business for many years, I started working for Apria a few months ago. When you compare them to the other big DME companies, they are great . Lincare, Roadtec and PPS all only care about the money and numbers. At least with Apria, the branch manager has more say into any situation than the other companies. If you have any issues it is not the company as much as the branch manager and maybe his superiors need to know what they are doing. I know as I am a manager and the patient is first at my location. Even for the walker or neb for a child. We all know that we lose money on items like this. It is all about patient care and service and some people are into the business too long and may have forgot this. This whole industry is a mess and it all started in Washington DC
A  23rd of Mar, 2011 by
Aprea is truly terrible, and I think they and my former sleep therapist may have scammed me. The sleep therapist told me that my insurance company was insisting that I now get all cpap equipment through Aprea. My insurance company later told me they said no such thing. Aprea is also adding charges to my account that my insurance company has told me they are "100% sure" I do not owe. Aprea will not return my calls. When I have gotten through to someone, I have been "accidentally" disconnected or just transferred on to an answering machine which no one responds to. I continue to get harassing phone calls from call centers in India about my alleged bill. Do not deal with this company.
N  5th of Apr, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been with apria for two years and have nothing but trouble since day 1. My 3 yr old daughter has a trach and we need new ones but we dont receive them. I have doctors orders for 2 a month but we only receive 2 every 6 months. Somone has to correct this before my daughter is dead because if that happens i don't care what i have to do i will sue them. If anyone can help me please call me at 816-803-5406 or email me at sarahhazel_2011@yahoo.com. Thank you please save a life.
Sarah Hazel sedalia, MO