Apartment Store / Lied about using them as a referral

1 Ste 87001 Montgomery Blvd NE, NM, United States Review updated:
Phone: 505.881.2828

I used this service to find an apartment while I lived in another state. They faxed each property to me. In the meantime I also used a company called rent.com. I was certain not to mix the properties but wanted expand my search for properties not listed with both sites. I found my apartment through rent.com which offers a $100.00 gift certificate if one takes a lease through their website. Unfortunately, when I filled in the lease agreement I could not recall which site I used and I incorrectly wrote Apartment Store.com (this was an error). I called La Paloma t to correct it and they told me not to worry about it. Since then I have tried to collect my $100.00 throu rent.com but La Paloma mgmt is saying they do not owe me the $100.00 since I found the apartment thru The Apartment Store (as written on the lease in error). So the Apartment Store personnel are lying. La Paloma gets out of paying the $100.00 rewards offered on rent.com. DO NOT USE APARTMENT STORE to find a listing. They lie. You will lose a gift certificate of $100.00 if you use rent.com.

Es

Comments

• Mr
      5th of Mar, 2009

How is Apartment Store repsonsible for your mistake? You wrote the wrong thing on your application, they didn't write it for you!
    If anyone should be blamed, it's you. A small amount of blame can be placed on the apartment complex for not honoring your request to correct it, but technically, you wrote it and they can hold you to that, so YOU goofed. Not Apartment Store, and not the property.

I hate it when people cry foul over their own mistakes.

• Ge
      9th of Sep, 2009

True MRSB- I have often forgot to even PUT rent.com and missed out of past rewards..

But once i put something else on the lease, and realized i wanted the reward, the apartment people also told me they would change it but didnt.

I didnt do anything, because i am the one that wrote it. You can't blame it on apartment store, rent.com or your la paloma.