Anonymous / mtn as a whole

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 by   User
Cape Town, South Africa
I got scammed today by someone claiming to be calling me from MTN and aparently its a scam which has been going around and MTN has failed to protect us users of their network. Based on the three security questions that you as MTN requires so as to verify the person who' s number has a problem anyone can call and pretend to be someone they are not as was the case with my number. Nonetheless my phone was not functioning for a period of 6 hours and yet alot was done on that number without my authorisation. I called you guys and was informed it was a scam and that they will reverse the sim swap which took about 3 calls from me and eventually was done. I then loaded airtime on my phone and R20 was immediately deducted and I had no idea why. So I called MTN to get some answers and was told yes that airtime was borrowed at 15:32. I then proceeded to tell this MTN lady that I did not authorise that as my phone was not working at that time. She kept on saying it was done on your number. We kept on repeating the same thing and eventually requested to speak to someone else. A gentleman also said yes it was done in your number and there is nothing we can do about that. I proceeded to ask how MTN is going to help me because I cant have random airtime being taken from account which I have no knowledge of and was told there was nothing they could do as this was a RICA problem. I feel cheated because I have been a loyal member to you guys and are treating me like crap.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country South Africa Complaint category Mobile & Cell Phones

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree