Amerisave / Rip Off

1 LA, United States Review updated:

I wish I had found this complaint board before applying for a loan with Amerisave. I have been in the real estate business for 17 years and have never had such a bad experience with a mortgage company. Once they have your credit card, they stop anwsering their phone. I sent the information that they requested only to have them ask for more and more. I complied, faxing document after document. This was a total waste of time. They didn't even fill out the paper work correctly...like left off my income...dud! The loan processor is always "out of office" when I send her an e-mail. On top of that they want to charge me an extension fee of $375 because it has been more than 30 days since I locked the rate. I was promised one rate and closing cost but are now being told it has adjusted. You can't trust these people they are fast talking scam artist. I have no idea how they have stayed in business???

Comments

• Ty
      22nd of Jan, 2009

If you are thinking about getting a Loan through Amerisave DONT!!! They will Lie to you till the end telling you that they will get you the lowest rates and closing costs and then you see the paper work it has a higher rate and closing cost than anybody and they'll tell you thats ok its supposed to say that and lie to you again and say this is really what we locked you in at. At last the closing date comes and you close on you house you go to sign papers and find out that instead of paying your usual 3.5% closing costs its OVER 10% thats more than the the highest person you can find 10% closing cost thats unheard of my Realtor told me I was crazy if I close. So I try and get back with the person that set up the loan, Funny thing she is not answering her phone not replying to emails not returning phone calls. Amerisave will only steal your money and lie to you to get evey little bit of money they can from you. If you are looking to buy a home go through your local credit union at least you know if you have a problem you can talk to the people face to face and they wont lie to you so they can steal your money. BEWARE OF AMERISAVE THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY!!!

• Ke
      1st of May, 2009

I have no idea who is writing those remarks about this company but I can only add to the NIGHTMARE of dealing with them. They issue "teaser" rates, to hook you in. Once in their grasp, the real nightmare begins. Phone calls not returned, emails not returned, changes in personal, excuses followed by more excuses then they hit you with the new closing costs. Take my word for it, this company has no right to do business anywhere except in the GULAG!!! I am now fighting with American Express because they want to charge my account. My loan was denied because Amerisave could not verify my income...Hello???????????? I'm on Social Security. One hundred pages of faxed documents and they could not verify my income?????? BS...they could not give me the load at the quoted rate and looked to jump ship. STAY AWAY!!!

• Tr
      14th of Jul, 2009

Every Promise or condition that was made to me was a Joke!!! At first I was promised a 4.75% loan with a $4000.00 closing 30 year fix.
    At closing the HUD came in at 5.50% with a 400.00 closing fee which was not told to me before closing. Under duress these people redid the loan at the agreed 4.75% But added point's, to this day I don't know how many point's were added to the loan. I was told at closing No monies were needed from me but maybe a couple of hundred dollars but the HUD Sheet stated I owed $2400.00 which I didn't have on me at the time. These People never answer calls or return calls. Mr. Shedrick was the only person if this folly who was forthcoming and helpfull. I 'm out abourt $400.00 and lost my window to obtain a real low rate from another mortgage company!!!

• Ka
      3rd of Apr, 2010

This unethical company practically inserted a camera up my rear end to get as much info about me and my excellent credit as they could; after a month of sending them every item they requested, and me having a credit rating of 860, they denied my refinance, with no explanation. They made me pay for an appraisal at $450., a credit report for $45., spoke with my financial planner for more financial info, and then denied the loan.

• Ro
      12th of Apr, 2010

I too was ripped off. You described what I experienced very well. And yes, they will carry you forward until the rates go up and then tell you that they can still offer you the same rate, but at more upfront fees!

• Co
      5th of Dec, 2010

Linear Title & Closing is their title company and they are part of the rip off!

• Li
      6th of Sep, 2012

Consumer Protect, You have posted 11 comments on this site and every one of them has been exactly the same, word for word. Do you perhaps have a personal grudge against Linear Title and Closing?

Linear Title maintains an A+ rating with the BBB, is a member of the INC5000 list, and is an SSAE 16 certified company with a sterling reputation. For any questions about Linear Title, please contact our compliance department immediately at 888-554-6327 or by emailing compliance@lineartitle.com.