Americas Best Value Inn & Suites / refund not given, unethical behaviour, foul language,

Smithville, OH, United States Review updated:

I paid for 2 nights in advance for 2 people. While there a friend came over to visit, after his work. He took a shower, then left. On second day, the manager told me to leave without staying second night. When I asked for a refund he said no. He said there was too many people staying overnight. The manager used loud foul language in the front office at me. He would not give me refund. He was also not happy that the first room he gave me did not have air conditioning and had to give me another room.
He called the police when I argued with him. The police looked at the video showing my friend leaving the motel.
I should get my second day refund, half of $147.88.

• Updated by thomas uden, Oct 04, 2018

10/4/18 -# 5886352
    I paid for 2 nights for 2 guests. A friend stopped by to visit after his work. He did take a shower. After visit he left. on the second day the manager told me I had to leave because I had too many spending the night which wasn't true. He yelled at me and used foul language in the front office. He was upset with me the first day because my room did not have air conditioning and I asked for another room. I asked for a refund for the second day and he refused, when I argued with him he called the police. The police looked at video and say my friend leaving the motel.
    I should be given a refund for the second day. I will never use American Best Value Inn after being treated like that.

Th
Oct 04, 2018

Comments

Oct 04, 2018
    Best Best Advice

I think they owe you a refund. A grand total of $0.00. That second night you paid for became void when your friend stayed that first night.