American Laser Center / Liers, scammers, dishonest

United States, Michigan, Okemos Review updated:
American Laser Center
2150 Association Dr # 240
Phone: (517) 347-8240
I do not even know where to begin, but that I made the biggest mistake of my life giving American Laser Center my money. Erika Barry, the office manager at the Okemos location is a horrible person to do business with. She lies, is extremely pushy, has a nasty personality, and does not care about her clients/patients/customers. This company's main priority is to make money and get customers in and out the door. They do not care about their patient's well being or health. They would rather put a customer at risk for permanent skin problems, so long as they get what they want. Money. They will claim that their employees are trained and certified and that they went through an extended training program lasting months. This is NOT true. If you have done any research, you will find numerous reviews from ex-employees stating that the training lasted only 2 DAYS and that they had no idea what they were doing. The technicians are told to push the sale further and skip areas to make the process faster. This company deserves to be shut down for good, and with the class action lawsuit against them, it's looking pretty good.

The company says you will have complete hair loss in the treated areas, and that it will NEVER grow back. They guarantee that you will be satisfied with the results, and you have TWO WHOLE YEARS after your final treatment to get any touch ups that are necessary. My question is- if this TRUELY lasts a lifetime, wouldn't you think their guarantee would be for life then?! If they could tell the patients that it lasted for life, they would get SO MANY MORE customers. Obviously it doesn't if they can only guarantee it for two years. Not only that, but rarely do people even see results before their two years are up!!!

Who in their right mind would pay thousands of dollars, to go through painful laser treatments for THREE years risking their skin and who knows what else for no hair loss, burns, blisters, and skin discoloration.

I was given misinformation, inconsistent information and I was lied to regarding various different aspects of the treatment. I went for one treatment and refused to go any longer. I started out that I was angry because they had all my money and I had read all the horrible reviews about the treatment not working AT ALL, and then when I started hearing about permanent scarring, blistering, skin discoloration etc. I started becoming concerned for what the treatment might do to me!

If you also have been ripped off by this company, please do not give up. Bug them EVERY SINGLE DAY until you see a refund. Get what you deserve. Also, there is a class action lawsuit. Please join the lawsuit at this website http://www.americanlasercentersclassaction.com/

N  7th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
There is no guarantee for laser hair removal. Also, it's your fault for not asking to see your technician's certifications.
N  1st of Oct, 2009 by
I agree wholeheartedly ~~~~
My friend had it done and she said it was absolutley useless, but later had it done at a physicians office and said it was night and day.
She said that that manager was just looking for the $$ didn't care if it worked or not. I had mine done at Athena right down the street and I am very happy !
N  3rd of Sep, 2010 by