American Kitchen Corporation / This company scams people

1 NC, United States Review updated:

I have never felt more like a victim. American kitchen out of Burlington did nothing but lie to us. The remodel took forever, was done poorly, and was not what we were promised. Whatever the sales rep tells you is a huge lie! I mean serious serious problems... Cracking tile, awful cabinet installations...doors don't close properly, cabinets and drawers scratched and dented, counters not level, the ceiling and walls were supposed to be paint ready, but they had dents and holes that still needed repair. DO NOT do business with these people ... They don't care about anything but taking your money!

Un
May 11, 2013

Comments

• Ca
      23rd of Dec, 2013

I agree with you. It took them literally 10 months to do a small kitchen in a townhouse. I paid them half the cost up front and they kept that money for seven months! They started on my kitchen and took three months. I was without a working kitchen for three months people. After all that, I am devastated with the results. Doors don't close properly and the worst of it is that the espresso cabinets are all different colors. Half the cabinets I would not even call espresso. I have compared kitchen displays in stores like Lowes and big kitchen stores and their espresso cabinets are the same color with just very slight variations in the wood. These cabinets are a JOKE! I am going to have to paint them. I have been screwed royally. They also lied. The salesman told me that the kitchen would be done in a week (I didn't get their backsplash). He told me there was a place in town where I could go and pick out my granite. That was not true. The place is in Asheboro. I have complained about the cabinet color and all they say is that cabinets will vary due to how they pick up the stain. I know enough about wood to know if you are using all the same type wood and you are staining them properly you are going to get a little variation but anyone can look at these cabinets and see that they were not stained properly. Some of them are red, some are blackish espresso and some are mix of the two colors. People walk in my kitchen and notice it right away. They are bugging me for the third last payment. What do I do? I don't want to pay them until they make it right.

• Co
      11th of Apr, 2014

Dont pay. Take good notes. And counter sue for anguish. (Consult with lawyer)

They lie and lie to get the money. Salesman will sell u the world but deliver a dented globe.

Mr selfors, or mr bobby williams as he now goes, will say whatever he can to sell the job. A worker told me the company owes a lot of people. They just pocket money while homeowners r left without functioning kitchens. I think i heard the "pres" bought a huge house but has owed vendors tons of money. They will go bankrupt before finishing work.

• Un
      7th of May, 2014

I do not understand how this company is still operating! They are unbelievable. And, yes... do NOT do NOT. Do NOT use these people! And if you have already hired them and paid them a portion, do NOT pay them any balance until you are 100% satisfied!!! And, basically, that means you won't EVER pay the balance. After countless lies, promises and botched attempts to deliver a remodeled kitchen in hopes of collecting the second half, we fired them and ended up finishing it ourselves. They threatened, begged, bargained and lied in an attempt to get the second half. STAND your ground! These losers can't do anything to you. Call the better business bureau. Report them. Put a complaint on Angie's list and every complaint/review site you can find! YOU/WE have a voice against dishonest swindlers and con men like these clowns!