American Home Mortgage — Mismanagement of mortgage funds
We paid all fees in cashier's checks to reinstate our mortgage by deadline given. Trustee accepted payments and forwarded the lender's check to American Home Mortgage that day. Three weeks later, I learned that they had not accepted the payment (said it was in "the wrong amount, " which was amazing because it was the exact amount we were instructed to pay). On top of that, they said they had "mailed the check back" to us.
We never received the check. Had to hire our attorney to intervene. We assumed that it had been lost in the mail, so we went to our bank to stop payment on the check> It was then that we found out that American Home Mortgage had cashed it five days previously (the same check they said they had mailed back to us). They held that check for 25 FULL DAYS before cashing it! And that means they lied when they said they had mailed it back.
Our mortgage is fully reinstated, but now we are hit with additional fees: attorney fees and another late fee for this month's mortgage payment because wouldn't accept this month's payment, insisting we were still owing all the full mortgage reinstatement amount. This is a crooked company. I would recommend that no one use them. Stay as far away from them as possible.
More American Home Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- American Home Mortgage - SCAMMING PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY 
- American Home Mortgage - Rip off
- American Home Mortgage - Harassing/Calling 50 times in 1day 
- American Home Mortgage - ESCROW ANALYSIS MISTAKE
- American Home Mortgage - Info reported to Credit Bureaus not associated with their company 
- American Home Mortgage - Modification into Forclosure Hell 
- American Home Mortgage - They foreclose my house
- American Home Mortgage - foreclosure, lied about postponing auction
- American Home Mortgage - Lack of communication