American Home Mortgage Servicing / Loan Modification
If any one thinks what they read about AHMS on this website is crazy-it is all true.
Our servicing was sold from Regions to AHMS last Summer. We had a loan modification offer from Region. In September a lawyer called saying they were beginning foreclosure. After 2 months, we finally got that straightened out. Then the actual modification began. I also asked for detail of the amount (31K) they were adding into the principal, and also was told that information is not available until after the mod was completed. The offer was to reduce interest from 10.5 ARM to 7.5 Fixed. In filling out the financial information, they made me jig figures around, or else I couldnt afford the new payment, even at 7.5%-Part of the mod was to have insurance and taxes escrowed. To cap off some of the problems, the self addressed UPS envelope they had me return the Mod paperwork in had the wrong address, Lost for 5 days, interest continues to accrue at higher rate. Then, paperwork re routed to correct address and lost in house. Another 5 days. After a month after I returned the paperwork, I could see things happening online. Property taxes were mailed-However, noticed my payment did not include escrow. I called tax dept and loss mitigation. They said they were working on, to mail payment only. I called over 45 times first month. 2nd month town office called to say they never got taxes. I called again. They said they couldnt do a stop payment until 30 days had passed. Finally, they got the check back (I think it was never mailed) 2nd check sent out REGULAR MAIL. After 1 month, still not received and I have 22K in negative escrow. 71 more calls to Tax Dept, Loss Mitigation and Customer Service. NO ONE RETURNED MY CALL. I finally sent an email to EVERYONE. Got a call. Town told AHMS they were going to sell house for tax sale. 3rd Tax payment went out, FEDEX. 45 days after it was deducted from my account. Still have negative escrow, they cant stop payment-some inner weird process of theirs. Meanwhile, Loss Mitigation, to my surprise backs out all transactions on my account, including 4 payments since my modification. When I called I was told they made some bad mistakes and need to do it all over again. Interest back to 10 1/1 percent. By the way, I JUST got the detail of the new amount added into my principal yesterday. 4 months late. I have filed a complaint with banking industry and Attorney Generals Office. This company needs to be shut down.
More American Home Mortgage Servicing Complaints & Reviews
- American Home Mortgage Servicing - Class Action Lawsuit Anyone? 
- American Home Mortgage Servicing - Loan Modification and Escrow Shortage 
- American Home Mortgage Servicing - they are trying to rip me off and foreclosure 
- American Home Mortgage Servicing - Fraud and cheating 
- American Home Mortgage Servicing - Simultanious Loan Mod/Foreclosure 
- American Home Mortgage Servicing - Mortgage Fraud 
- American Home Mortgage Servicing - Modification
- American Home Mortgage Servicing - Misapplication of prepayment of principal 
- American Home Mortgage Servicing - money scam 
- American Home Mortgage Servicing - horrible, illegal customer service