Amelia Station LLC / Apartment

Fr Jan 08, 2016 Review updated:

I rented at this place for 13 months and have had a few issues during my stay, but it didn't get really bad until I moved out. I moved out 11/30/15 my lease was up 12/28/15, but I was up for paying the extra month of rent as required. I tried to pay my built multiple times in December and the bill never came available online until 1/8/15 along with the letter in the mail explaining that I'm late. Along with the letter it went into detail about them charging me extra for the carpet to be replaced in one room and for them to patch a piece of carpet in the other room. I get this in the mail a month after without discussing the issue with me or showing me any "damages". I called the so-called property manager up to discuss the issue with her and she was very rude about my charges and didn't really want to go into much detail about it. I asked her why she didn't call me when she found the damages or why I never got billed the remaining amount of rent. She went to belittle me saying I should of checked online that it was up the whole month of December, when I told her I logged in on 12/1/15 to pay the bill and the only bill there was for $23.27 (which was the water bill and I paid). Then she went into saying I should have called and when I explained that I did call she said I should have left a message. I told her that I was unhappy with the way things were handled and she continued to belittle me by saying I need to pay my bills. It was very unprofessional on the way it was handled I don't not pay bills. I'm very disappointed with the way the whole situation was handled.

Comments

• Th
      Jun 01, 2016

Dear Mr. Conklin,

I am very sorry you had a bad experience on how we handled your move out and your continuing liability with us. We do send out a continuing liability letter as soon as you move out, once we have your apartment rented we will then send a balance letter with the total charges. I assume this letter did not reach you. I'm not sure why your charges did not post to your ledger, so you were then able to pay it online. For that I am truly sorry for any inconvenience. We try and give our future, current and past residents the best costumer service we can and we let you down. We do appreciate your feedback and we wish you the very best in your new home. Again, please accept our apologies.