Allied Interstate / Continually call my home

United States Review updated:
I am mailing you in reference to being harassed by a comp. called Allied Interstate who as I understand it has been sued numerous times in the past. They continually call my home every day as early as 8:30am. I know for a fact that this is not legal and something needs to be done!!! You cannot speak to anyone when you call them!!! HELP!!!

N  15th of Sep, 2007 by
Debt Collectors can call between 8AM and 4PM, Allied Interstate is one of the most Notoriously Famous Debt Collectors and they will keep harrasing you until the debt is collected. they always call me at 8:05 on the dot and if you answer they are extremely rude
A  11th of Dec, 2007 by
I completely agree. They can actually call between 8 AM and 9 PM. I'm filing for bankruptcy and they are required to stop but they haven't. It makes no difference if I call them back or answer when they call me because they do it again a few hours later. I complained that they aren't allowed to call me once I've spoken to them. They said that they talked to me because I called them, and that it doesn't count as communication unless they have called me. I called the attorney general today, and was told that I'm right and once they talk to me that they are required to stop for the day. I can't take it anymore. I talked to them 4 times today. I would ignore them, but if I do they call my family and say that they can't reach me and then my relatives call me and complain. I believe that I have officially filed about 3 complaints with the attorney general about them in the last two days. I also informed Capital One, and that is who the debt is with. They tried to force me to talk to some senior account manager person. I said I wanted to talk to a lawyer first. They said "Please hold" I said "No." and hung up the phone. I can't take this crap anymore and I want to see these people taken down. I would encourage anyone with issues with them to file a complaint with the attorney general. They are a law enforcement agency and have to investigate the complaints.
A  26th of Mar, 2008 by
Before I moved out of state I called my bank to tell them to close out my account. There should have been a little amount of money left for any charges.
Since last July I have received at least 3 calls a day from Allied Interstate. Most of the time when I answer the phone, no one is there. The amount of money that I owe is $162. I sent a check to the bank for $20 and Allied Interstate called me and actually stayed on the line this time.
I could not understand anything the woman was saying and she put a supervisor on the phone.
This woman told me that I had to give them my bank account number and allow them to take the money out, that I could not send in a check. She did say that the account will go back to the bank and they would charge interest.
Well, I did not want to give them access to my account and she said that my account had been with them since July "07, and I could not just pay the way I wanted to. She began to get loud and rude, then when I tried to say something, she yelled and asked why I was talking while SHE was speaking. At that point I hung up on her.
Let my account be taken back by the bank and charge me interest. I would rather pay the interest than to put up with Allied Interstate.
This woman had no right to yell at me, and she also said my check would be returned. Isn't that refusal to accept payment?
What do I do now?
D  13th of Apr, 2008 by
I am a collector for Allied. Just got off work 3 hours ago and it really is that simple. PAY YOUR *** BILLS. The information we have WE GET FROM OUR CLIENTS and OUR CLIENTS deal with information obtained from YOU. If you have a common name..or change phone numbers frequently...we have employees whose ONLY job it is, is to locate GOOD INFO on you. Its really quite simple. Dont ### us...PAY YOUR BILLS..and if you can at least stay on the phone long enough to explain WHY YOU CANT PAY...in most cases..its not the end of the *** world. YES my job is to get you to pay your bill..its called DUNNING..defined as "firmly requesting payment of a due balance", but a bigger part of my job is actually helping you. I make on average 600 calls a day and quite a few are to ANGRY people REFUSING to pay a VALID DEBT sometimes as low as 8 *** dollars. If youre STUPID enough to risk letting $8 RUIN YOUR CREDIT..you deserve to be made to feel like a dumbass. End of story. 98% of the time...we have good info..we get ahold of you..and you come up with rediculous excuses NOT TO PAY. So pardon me if you think im being short. I spend anywhere from 6-12 hours a day..in my office..sitting at a computer...calling people about *** they dont want to hear. Bottom line..I..do it because its a JOB..I make a LIVING..and PAY MY BILLS. If by chance you really think you DONT OWE...take two breaths..and explain it to me. Chances are there was a mistake on the clients end (its THEIR job to keep OUR info current) and we can get it resolved. In short. Life aint free. Dont live beyond your means..or you might end up talking to me.
N  8th of Jul, 2008 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Hi, This forum discussion here has great comments by many people on allied interstate
hope this helps us here
N  31st of Jul, 2008 by
Even if you owe on a debt DON'T make any payment agreements with a debt collector because you have no contract with them to pay this. Making a payment agreement with them over the phone would be considered a verbal agreement. Let them know that you are going to pay the company that you have a debt with and not them. Be firm in telling them this. Also make payments to the company they will accept them. You only have a contract with the company you owe and not a third party collection agency.

they called and when I said hello about 30 times no said anything back. I can hear people shuffling in the back ground then someone hangs up the phone. When I called the number back saying that I just received a call from this number. They asked me for my number and I gave it to them then the guy hangs up. Allied has so many numbers here are a few. Don't let these people harrass you. You have to answer the calls if you don't then I shows that you are avoiding them. When you speak with a rep after they tell you the phone call will be recording/monitored then ask that person if they're ok with you recording the conversation. Most likely they'll say no or hang up but answer their calls. Also check to see whether or not you're in a 1 party or 2 party law for recording state. Some states need you to get permission from the other party to record the conversation. Just to be on the safe side if you're not sure ask them anyway. After I asked a rep that they haven't been calling to speak with me. Just calling and playing a recording. The funny thing about that is you can hear when they click on the recording and then turn it off and hang up.

818-575-5400 x 5500
A  26th of Aug, 2008 by
To the person that works for this company -- why don't you get a REAL job? how dare you work for a ### company that harasses people illegally and then come here and preach? how do you sleep at night?

I have never received a bill from this company. EVER. They call 8 or 9 times a day. They refuse to identify themselves. If you ask for information, or demand proof of the money you owe, WHICH IS MY LEGAL RIGHT, they get abusive and rude. Which is also illegal.

Pay my bills? I pay all my bills. I do not nor have I ever owed Allied Interstate a dime. Nor will they ever GET a dime out of me. All they are going to get is a great big lawsuit.
N  5th of Sep, 2009 by

Allied Interstate - Unsolicted Calls
Allied Interstate

I keep getting calls from 888-748-4956. This number belongs to Allied Interstate which I understand is a collection agency? Number one, we do not owe any bills. Number two these calls come several times a day and never say anything. How do I stop this?
A  16th of Sep, 2009 by
Yes, I have had the same problem with these losers ! I call back & get a capital one credit card spokesperson. I don't even have a capital one credit card they call & call it is ridiculous.
I ask to speak to a manager & they assure me they will take my phone number off the list. two weeks later ring, ring, but they use a different number. I have great credit & don't owe anyone
any money. They are losers !

N  27th of Nov, 2009 by
Go to www.allied-interstate.com
D  24th of Jan, 2010 by
Fair debt collections act... Search that on the internet... Once you owe money and got left behind on your bills for three months or more your account will be on a third party collection company... Collectors can call from 8 am to 9 pm... Follow up calls are just an update if the CH is on a good status on paying their bill... AI is just helping out CH that got left behind on paying their bills... Offering settlements, minimums etc. just to prevent a civilized american to get charge off... Preventing CH to have a Bad Debit Score is a noble job...
N  3rd of Feb, 2010 by
this company sucks they fired me based on a review from 3 months earlier...no notice, they had moved me to a different team in which i was meeting the quota they wanted but still fired me based on previous numbers from before hand. this company doesnt follow the rules like they should...if they are calling you and they do not say THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT A DEBT AND ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE AND THAT PURPOSE ONLY, AND THIS CALL MAY BE MONITORED AND OR RECORDED FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE you can sue them according to the fdcpa for up to 5000$ everytime..my best advise if you dont want to talk to them is to tell them that you are recording them, 99% of the time they will hang up...odds are though that if they are calling you you do owe the debt i mean all the info thety get is off the loan you filled out or the credit card app you filled out and so on...if you cant pay there is a program ask for the hardship/income contingent repayment plan it is a plan based on your income instead of 1.29% of your debt all you have to do is fill out a few pieces of paper work and most of the time dont have a payment..i would have to say though this company treats the people who owe money better than the people who work for them..how can you let someone go when there job is getting people to put paperwork in the mail..i cant control if people do or not
N  25th of Oct, 2010 by
you need to understand why collectors keeps on calling you, bec you used the card and you need to pay your bills on time.. if you dont want to received call from collector pay your bill on the right time stupid dumbass.. alway shout when you received call from 866 number you dont realized that they can help you with your debt.. they might offer an arrangement the can help you out.. just try to listen to them and let them know what is your situation.. help them understand your situation.. dont just shout or yell at them, they just do there jobs..
A  14th of Aug, 2011 by
Allied called our home 6 times a day, 7 days a week looking for someone with the same common last name. After 10 weeks, I had blocked their calls but when I saw that they had called us again, I CALLED THEM. The heavy Asian accented person on the line told me his name was Ted Gray (He had to spell it). Sure and I am Mickey Mouse. Anyway, I told him all the steps I had taken. I said "The person you are looking for does not live here and never has. You promised to take my number out of your system, I sent you a registered cease and desist letter that you signed for, I filed a complaint with the FTC and my State's Attorney General's office. EVERY TIME YOU CALL ME, I WILL CALL YOU AND SEE HOW YOU LIKE GETTING HARASSED." It has been several days now and NO CALLS. Turn the tables on them.
N  14th of Aug, 2011 by
I was a bill collector all of my working life and NO ONE ever would think of operating like Allied Collection does because we thought we would get into trouble. I hope they burn.
A  20th of Nov, 2011 by
Jason get a life. I have paid capital one faithfully and was ten days late on a payment and allied is now demanding the total amount?Capital ones calls go straight to allied and I cannot get them to answer the phone. When you check my credit reports, capital one shows I am in good standing and always pay on time!Yes this is harrasment. They call my cell at least 10 times a day and i cannot answer the phone during work, so the calls go unanswered.
Allied as well as Capital one need to get their act together.
I have had numerous offers this week for credit cards with 0% on transferred balances. I had thrown them out, happy with capital one until now.The next I get I will transfer.. And the following phone call I get from your notorius cmpany will be forwarded to the Ohio attorney general
D  30th of Oct, 2014 by
Michelle whined:
"I completely agree. They can actually call between 8 AM and 9 PM. I'm filing for bankruptcy and they are required to stop but they haven't. It makes no difference if I call them back or answer when they call me because they do it again a few hours later. I complained that they aren't allowed to call me once I've spoken to them. They said that they talked to me because I called them, and that it doesn't count as communication unless they have called me. I called the attorney general today, and was told that I'm right and once they talk to me that they are required to stop for the day. I can't take it anymore. I talked to them 4 times today. "

Here's a novel thought: Why don't you pay your bills??? You ran up the debt, how about actually being a responsible adult and paying it?