Air Parcel Express / Scam and cheating!

1 Singapore Review updated:

On dated 08/04/2008, I ordered a hp laptop from a guy named jack kenny william from the internet. he told me has arranged a shipment through air parcel express in uk. I request him to forward me an airway bill and so I can track my parcel in singapore.

On dated 10/04/2008, I received an email from jack kenny william, confirmed me that the shipment was sent out at uk time 08/04/2008 @ 05:55:01pm. he also attached me an airway bill from air parcel express (epx) located at the address of 53, saltoun place, fraserburg, aberdeenashire ab43 9ry.

On dated 11/04/2008. I received a phone call from air parcel express (branch office) in malaysia. claiming that my parcel was hold in the malaysia custom, and demand me to pay myr 3, 430.00. I then, rang to air parcel express in uk and was told that my parcel is in malaysian custom now. I was instructed by the uk office staff that I have to pay the amount to an account officer name as mr makeba kelechi. I then went to western union to make the payment, till to date I have yet received my parcel from air parcel express. this is a scam to me.

Comments

• Sk
      19th of Apr, 2008

Yesh, same person, same thing happen to me. ASking me to pay the monies, which I refused to pay, since there is a lot of loopholes in the whole issue. Then I surf on Net and find this complaint of yours. So it is fraud.

• Ha
      24th of Apr, 2008

I agree..same thing happen to me

29th of Apr, 2008

I have received a similar scam. Was told by a Mr. Catim William that he had sent me a laptop under:

Order Number: APX:576543
    Ref No: APX:11052006/21

On 29 Apr, I received an email and a call from Mr. David Smith - Head, Customer Proposition,
    Air Parcel Express Couriers, United Kingdom & Asia mentioning that I have to pay RM3, 120.00 being customs duty as the shipment is being held at Malaysian customs.

Mr. David Smith then SMS me and said that I have to make a transfer money via Western Union to an account officer, Ms. Sabariah Bte Ahmad, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia before they can express release the shipment to me in Singapore.

I've even checked through it's website but there is no such reference number..!

I was fortunate that I saw this complaint board and never made the payment otherwise it would have cost me SGD1344.72 which is a lot of money to me. Just want to remind everyone to be careful of such scams...

29th of Apr, 2008

Same thing happen to me but fortunately i saw this complaint board so I refused to pay too.

• Wl
      29th of Apr, 2008

Yeap! I just encounter this today (29 Apl'08).

I just felt it too skeptical and they requesting me to paid a clearance of RM 4000+ to an account in order to release the parcel due to some custom violation.

Of couse, am not going to do it, and instead went to do some search on this. Immediatly, I found out this post and some other sites. And it gives me more solid confirmation that it not trustable.

Conclusion:
    I requested them to send back the parcel to the sender, in which am not accepting the parcel.

5th of May, 2008

its same thing happen to me but i'm very lucky cause i'm so easy to cheat especially about money. Someone name eric howard friend from myspace call me and told me he have suprise for me where he will sent me one package it was hp laptop. so i'm waiting one thing i was things its really imposibble to receiving a package from uk to malaysia just in 3 days... I know it cause the faster will be in not 3 days. But just wait till after 3 days one guy call me and his name gary white. its same happen with other person who was cheating before where that person will tell that things arrived already but stuck in kuala lumpur airport custom. that are stupid where that guy ask me to pay about RM2, 450.98 crazy for that price better i'm buy that laptap by myself. so thats why i try to checkout every thing about that air parcel and suddenly i read where have a comment about air parcel express. so i'm so happy cause they cant cheat me but hope so other person also must think twice or more if someone ask you to pay...

• Vl
      7th of May, 2008

I definitely agree... it happened to me too... just this morning(May07 '08) someone called me and said he's from Air Parcel Express-Malaysia Branch that there's a package from UK from Mr. Catim Williams. i met and chatted this guy from myspace.com . Mr. Catim said he will send me a gift a laptop with 4000 pounds inside. Its so surprising dont u think? Now, APX kept it on hold because of the money content which exceeds their limit. I'm not stupid enough to believe that one can send an amount of 4000 pounds inside an HP laptop box. and that i have to settle an amount of RM3, 120.00 so they will release the package.

I was really curious so i called this Catim, and its really funny coz he does not sound like British nor American like he said he was... i can hardly understand what he was saying!!!

In short, all this was a cheat. And I will not be spending money for this one. I learned my lesson. Everyone should be careful…

• In
      30th of May, 2008

yes, I agree. 4 days ago there is guys send me email and he said he had sent to me the Laptop. after 4 days I ask him true or. then not long he call me, he had sent it. then not long someone call me he said from Air Parcel Express, they said my package in Malaysia now, and they ask me to pay RM 3, 120.00 But Im not stupid so I ask to the guys to paid it first then i will pay it to him if the package I got. But he have many reason, I said to him I dont hv money to pay and he ask me to borrow money from my frien. He think I'm stupid?? I knew him from tagged.com.
    So becarefull frieands...

Then I sent him email and I say you are LIAR and Cheater

5th of Jun, 2008

Yeah, I had a scam email from the national lottery telling me I had won over 1 million euro. Anyways they want me to pay over a grand to get the cheque here. No way hosae! They should be ashemed of themselved ripping innnocent people off. I hope they get caught.

• Sk
      6th of Jun, 2008

Wow. When I first saw the initial complaint here, I was the first to relate to the NEVER RECEIVED's encounter. Who would have thought that there are so many others involved.

By the way, I reckon that the guy who called is an INDIAN Malaysian guy. Its in the numbers used.

I guess there is never such thing as free things in the world eh?

• Ap
      12th of Jun, 2008

i've already made the payment until i check this pages then i found about this scam. even until now they still instructed me to pay another RM1650.00 for insurance by the Malaysia Inland Revenue. by the way i've known this guy from yuwie.com. so guys be carefull...

8th of Jul, 2008

My girlfreiend was sent a parcel which contains a laptop and some cash by a friend in the UK, but now she has been asked to pay money upfront everytime,
    There is this guy called David Smith who calls her and tells that her parcel has gone through terrorist scanning and now is in malaysia, and she has to pay over Malaysian rinngit 6K, hello what is happening here, why does she have to pay all this money for here laptop to reach her, she has lost most of her money already just to receive this parcel.

Is this some kind of scam?????????????

Can someone please help and tell me what to do

Mike

29th of Aug, 2008

Hi .. My name is Andy and I am the CEO of Air Parcel Express, Inc. (USA) ... ther is a SCAM going on usingour good name and standing in the shipping industry ... they are using our name to defraud the public ... do not belive you won any lottery overseas and never pay anyone for someting you did no order ... ALSO please note the e-mail address from which the scam is being sent from is not a valid emal corresponding to our domains http://www.shipping-worldwide.com and or http://www.freight-calculator.com

Thank you!

• Zo
      23rd of Sep, 2008

Hi am from Thai land and same thing happen to me i know one guy from website he say he name Zinger Mens from London he say he really in love with me and then he sent email to me say he in the way to another country but he sent box to me in side have hp laptop and many thing for woman and game station for my boy and have big big money is 6, 000 english money in there aswell, then i have to many question for my self why why and why and he show me many thing like i can beleive him, then i get mail from Air Parcel Express-Malaysia Branch say the box from UK in there and i have to pay 200$ for it then them will post that box for me in 4 hour am so lucky to have good friends here and fell very bad for man who use felling of ploper for money

11th of Oct, 2008

Air Parcel Express,

ATTENTION:Anne Somers

CONSIGNMENT REGISTRATION NO:EFGEX#3425-99800-11
    DEAR VALUED CUSTOMER,

I acknowledge it was a typographical error on the mail, yes the parcel to be deliverd to you is in the name of Anne Somers, Springhill killeshin, Carlow.Ireland.Telephone numbers +353 868919756 or +353 599182480.Our address is as above and below.

United Kingdom

All is set for delivery we are expecting the payment information and on confirmation of your payment your parcel will be dispatched immediately.We are glad to be of service to you.

Mr.Thompson Parker.
    Head of Customer Proposition,
    Air Parcel Express.
    Tel:+447011133918
    +44 70457 53387

This e-mail (including any file attachment) contains confidential information and/or may also be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the named addressees and any unauthorized dissemination or use by any other person or entity is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient you should not transmit, copy, print, disclose or otherwise make use of and/or place any reliance on this e-mail and its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error, you should immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies from your system. The views, opinion or advice as may be contained herein are those of the sending individual and do not necessary represent that of Air Parcel Express. or bind Air Parcel Express.. E-mails can be corrupted, altered or falsified andAir Parcel Express.shall not be liable for

Reply Forward

mick somersPAYMENT MADE ON DELIVERY8****************************************************...
    2:28 PM (2 hours ago)

delivery@airparcelxpress.uk.ttWe acknowledge the receipt of your mail.We do not render cash on delivery ser...
    3:45 PM (1 hour ago)

Air Parcel Express to me
    show details 4:21 PM (50 minutes ago) Reply

Air Parcel Express,

ATTENTION:Anne Somers

CONSIGNMENT REGISTRATION NO:EFGEX#3425-99800-11
    DEAR VALUED CUSTOMER,
    As I have informed you we do not render cash on delivery services, it is unfair for you to think that we are not trustworthy.When you cotacted us I was the one that informed you that we have a parcel to be delivered to a Anne Somers but the destination was not Ireland but America.I contacted the lottery company and had them rectify the mistake that was done because the draft/cheque was in dollars and not euros they rectified it and I informed you, but there was an error which was caused out of the somany customers I have to attend to and .As I have informed you if you will not pay the charge for delivery then please inform us immediately so that your parcel can be returned.Thank you.

Mr.Thompson Parker.
    Head of Customer Proposition,
    Air Parcel Express.
    Tel:+447011133918
    +44 70457 53387

Reply Forward

7 deleted messages in this conversation. View messages or delete forever. New window
    Print all
    Expand all
    Collapse all
    Forward allSponsored Links (feedback)
    Carlow Selfcatering
    Beautiful Holiday Homes in Ireland. For Affordable Luxury Book Today!
    www.SelfCatering.ie
    Payroll Training Level 1
    Jul-Dec '08 schedule now available 10% on-line Booking Discount
    www.Cops.ie
    Carlow Waste
    A waste disposal in your area? Find it at Golden Pages Ireland.
    www.GoldenPages.ie
    Hotels near Camden Market
    Compare hotels and save up to 75%! Save time, book at Booking.com
    Booking.com/Hotels-Camden-MarketAbout these links
    « Back to InboxArchiveReport SpamDelete
    More Actions 1 of 4 Older ›
    Automatically forward your Gmail messages to another email account. Learn moreYou are currently using 81 MB (1%) of your 7224 MB.Last account activity: 2.5 hours ago on this computer. DetailsGmail view: standard | turn off chat | basic HTML Learn more

11th of Oct, 2008

please remove my email as has name and address and phone no

• Vi
      26th of Oct, 2008

please is Mr Thompson Parker for real?i was also contacted in this manner but i have not paiud as i dont trust so easily

• Al
      4th of Nov, 2008

I was ask to pay for drug certificate by the united nations in uk, plz advise
    alex

• Al
      4th of Nov, 2008

I AM STILL WAIT FOR THE EMAIL I RECEIVED ABOUT ME PAYING ANTI TERROIST CERTIFIATE FROM UNITED NATIONS, PLZ CONFIRM THIS IF HE IS TRUE

• El
      25th of Nov, 2008

Hi alex,
    dont pay. he is not true.just ignore. for more info go to http://hygen.net/blog/?p=204