AHMSI / HORRIBLE SERVICE

Are you feeling helpless, that you're getting no help or answers from AHMSI no matter what you do?? Citi Residential sold our mortgage to AHMSI in 02/'09. Since then they've processed my payments for 3 months that I've mailed with homemade statements, because they refuse to honor my request to send them each month, and they've with no explanation whatsover placed everything in SUSPENSE AND AM NOT REFLECTING ANYTHING BEING APPLIED TO PRIN., ESCROW, ETC., YET THEY HAVE MY MONEY!! I've never received a change in monthly payment amount so I simply have no choice to send them what my payment's always been, and now I'm fearing they may be trying to somehow not credit my account as it should be, possibly try to assess some type of fees and/or try to somehow make it so I'm unable to make a possible change in payment on a fixed note I have, AND WORSE SOMEHOW TRY TO TAKE MY HOME. So far, I've tried calling, writing, and there's nothing I'm able to do on my own about it but fail! It's like they don't care one bit about anything, so long as they get their money! SO... for all of you facing similar problems and/or other issues here's what I've done and suggest you do the same. WE HAVE TO BAND TOGETHER IF WE WANT TO STOP THESE UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES (if you're unsure of how to contact anyone below, simply do some online research and/or place phone calls to obtain the correct contact information.. After 3 months of getting absolutely nowhere with AHMSI I have...
1. Filed a complaint with my local Attorney General's Office.
2. Filed a complaint with the BBB.
3. Contacted Christine Sullivan (YES! AN AMERICAN for AHMSI) @ christine.sullivan@oomc.com
4. Filed a complaint with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission)
5. In the process of filing a complaint with HUD (check your local office for contact info. by websearch)
6. Submitted a news tip to Anderson Cooper & Ali Veshi @ www.cnn.com
7. Obtained my local media contact info. in the event AHMSI refuses to resolve my account issues within 2 weeks.
Yes, this is time consuming, however, if we want action we must ACT NOW & JOIN TOGETHER TO STOP AHMSI FROM WHAT THEY'RE DOING TO HONEST, INNOCENT VICTIMS LIKE OURSELVES!!

Comments

29th of Mar, 2009

This company is terrible...I've been trying to modify and no one speaks english...I've been trying to explain to them about the new laws enforced by President Obama...and they staight out asked me " who maame is Mr. Obama? How are you supposed to get help from people who don't understand the problem...Lost cause!

• Ah
      12th of Apr, 2009

I have gotten people from India several times when I have called AHMSI. HOWEVER...The last time I called I got an english-speaking person who was VERY friendly and informative. Call their main number@ 1-877-304-3100 and dial ext. 75273. The representative's name is Charles and he is very helpful with account information.

• Re

Irving, TX 75063
    Direct line 214-260-8794
    Fax 866-274-1503

11th of Sep, 2009

I have been trying to figure out who is gonna get me next. First Ameriquest and right before they were indicted by the gov. they sold my loan to Citi Residential and in Feb I was sold to AHMSI. In three years my princple has never gone down. I have a letter stating I would pay my property taxes that Ameriquest had me sign and AHMSI paid my taxes any way after I already had paid them and now I owe AHM because they can't get their money back from the County so there is another reason the balance won't go down. It's gotten so out of hand but I am not giving them my property, not with out a fight.

• Gs
      16th of Dec, 2009

I am going to try to get a group of people together for a class action lawsuit to stop this companies illegal practices and compensate people for their damages. Email me at "steelcreative@gmail.com" . Do not let continue.

• Th
      15th of Jan, 2010

Another email address that might be useful to others (I am having similar problems) is legalcorrespondencegroup@ahmsi3.com. I got that email address from the GA Department of Banking and Finance. Call your State Banking Commission and report the trouble to them too.

• Wr
      25th of Jan, 2010

we have started a lawsuit agaist ahmsi and have read so many complaints and are trying to reach everyone we can. we posted our own complaint and are looking for responses we could use all the name to plaintiffs we can find. it makes the case stronger every person involved. thanks for own story with this company we can be reached at email: a241atthewrights@yahoo.com

• Wr
      22nd of Feb, 2010

Our lawyer is in deposition for the next two weeks. The IT person is working with the web designer to allow information from visitors to the site to be added in certain areas. Sorry it is tking longer than expected. We will keep you posted.

Thanks,
    Kevin & Tracy

• Rm
      9th of Mar, 2010

My experience with AHMSI is the same as everyone on this post. Today I sold my property at a huge loss just to get out from under their thumb. Not only did I lose $$, but I had to pay almost 4500 as the SELLER! AHMSI's payoff statement charged me over $2000 in "Advanced Escrow" even though I paid the majority of my property taxes in 2009 and sold the house in March 2010. Even the realtor and title escrow officer said that was not legal!! I cannot wait to see them in court.

In 2009, my so-called modification was a joke because they started adjusting my mortgage after 6 months and forced Escrow immediately, even though I had been paying my own property taxes and homeowners insurance before they purchased my loan. This tactic caused them to over pay my taxes and also enabled them to always keep me at an escrow shortage and overcharge me for everything they can think of. Now I'll have to fight AHMSI to get a refund on all of the escrow money they owe me.

We have got to file a class action suit against these gangsters.

30th of Oct, 2010

and to think that i was one in a few. problem with these idiots at ahmsi is that there are so many screw ups on their behalf that where do i start? their latest scam seems to be > escroll acct. scaming. i've yelled and screamed and cursed them on the phone for 2 years now.-homeowner in buffalo, ny

• Mo
      3rd of Nov, 2010

This Escrow thing is happening to me!!! I want to fight this, and will join any class action suits out there!!! Please Help Me!!!

• Ex
      28th of Jan, 2011

We have worked with AHMSI for 6 years and then all of a sudden they decide to pay our property taxes, (which have never been in an escrow account), then proceed to tell us that we have to pay an additional 600 every month. In that time one of us lost our job and the other had their hours cut, and the payment just about doubled. We are now in foreclosure and just found out that Wells Fargo and not Option 1 own the loan. What can we do??

• Ah
      2nd of May, 2011

I am another homeowner who was with Citigroup..

Same nightmare as everyone else when Citigroup bundled up and sold me to these crooks.

It has been nothing but a nightmare, I started with 25% down and a fixed rate when I first bought my home. In other words I had a good loan.

In the next few years, job losses, medical bills and at this time I am with AHMSI, I went through the whole 11 months of trying for the HAMP only to have AHMSI reject me for less income than I should have.

Their webiste, states they stook behind us, they help people. No, THEY DO NOT help anyone but themselves, and what is best for AHMSI.

What a nightmare.

• De
      18th of Jun, 2011

Well, it is still happening. Our loan was sold to AHMSI when Option One went belly up. Our house was 359k when we bought it in 2006. Now Zillows lists it at 175k. We were denied a HAMP modification because they said we have surplus income!! Ha!! First they told us that it was denied because our paperwork was not in in time...it was, I had the persons name at AHMSI who told me she had it in her hand...so then they changed their reason. We have asked just to have the mortgage refinanced to a traditional fixed loan, not even asking for the balance to be lowered. I was told twice now that they do not do refinancing...which is advertised on their homepage. We want to keep our home as it is where we raise our kids. The week after we were denied the Mod we received two calls from them asking when we wanted to start the short sale process! We never asked about a short sale! When I called yesterday I asked why they absolutely refused to work with us but are so willing to sell our home out from under us for next to nothing the man with the foreign accent had the grace to actually sound embarrassed when he told me that he did not know. I am at a loss as to what to do, we have done everything we were suppose to do and have never been late on our payment. I am trying to stick to my principles based in my integrity but I am starting to doubt myself. Sadly I think that this is what they want, to weaken us until we walk away from the thousands that we have invested and ruin our credit and upset our family life while they reap the benefit of our hard earned investment dollars. I don't know what to do except start thinking about losing my families home and starting over...but I can't go out with out a fight yet.

• El
      29th of Jul, 2011

e uI feel as though I am living a nightmare. Five years ago I signed on for an adjustable rate, ARM, at the urgings of a "friend"; in actuality I would have qualified for a 30 year fixed. I switched my mortgage, due to the recommendations of another "friend", to American Home Mortgage, and as was part of what I signed on for, but did not understand at the time, the rates kept climbing. Well, when the rates started dropping one would expect my "interest only" payment would drop as well. It did not. Instead American Home Mortgage, said to be the eighth largest in the United States, sold to American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc. My rates began to climb in spite of it supposedly being tied to the national interest rates which were nearing an all time low. A fine situation; the house is worth less by $100, 000, it is not a Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, Hud, or any mortgage which would qualify for any help, and my interest rate and mortgage rate is now over $1, 400 higher than when I began. My calls are futile, being met by people who arnable to speak English because all calls are directed to Pakistan, in spite of the business' claim to be based in Dallas, Texas. When someone finally contacts me who does speak English I am told repeatedly to send a letter to "The Resolution Center." The "company" sends me loan modification forms which I know will have a negative impact on my credit and only serve to raise my principle. The English speaking person repeats that my, "Taxes have gone up and this is the cause of the increase of $1, 000 to your payments." WRONG. My taxes have gone down and I repeat I do not want to modify my loan, I want to take it down the $1, 000 and start paying my own Escrow which is completely unjustifiable. More loan modification forms come which I have no intention of using. I want the loan to come down where it is supposed to be, I want to be shown why my mortgage never showed lowered national interest rates, and I want to be treated fairly and honestly. I now understand that the ARM, adjustable rate is a gamble, and that they had their turn to earn 10% interest at one time. I also understand that the rates are on my side and that my mortgage should reflect that which it is not. This is wrong and somehow I cannot make it right. I have complained to the Better Business Bureau, which the company is not affiliated and they tried negotiating which only resulted in more offers for loan modifications which I rejected. I want the interest rate re configured and the rate brought down to a point which reflects the current rate. Again, I want the escrow to be paid by me, and not them because they are basing my taxes on a lie. They are conducting business as a lie and a fraud and affecting the entire country in the process.
    I am now in the process of writing to the Michigan Attorney General, and the Texas Attorney General.