Advance Auto Parts / return

1 Arlington, TN, United States

I visited store 06775 to return an item. The cashier Deandre J received assistance from a person who appeared to be a manager. The cashier asked for a receipt with a barcode. I was only given a receipt that read "debit card slip" with no barcode. He proceeds to process the return. When he pulled out a plastic card I asked why was I not receiving a refund in the manner that I paid for the item. He responded by informing me because the receipt did not have a barcode it is considered a manual return and all manual returns can only be issued store credits. I asked for the manager because not only did I have a receipt, I had the receipt this store gave me as I purchased the item from this store. The cashier had processed the return at a higher price than what I paid as well. When the manager came by he seemed confused about why I am insisting the return with the receipt be processed at the price I paid. He then goes on to explain that I did not have the correct receipt in order for me to receive a refund in the manner I paid.
That isn't my issue that their associate didn't provide me with the correct receipt. I had to escalate my tone and be persistent about contact information for the General Manager before this manager manually approved my refund in the manner I paid. This is poor customer service at best. There is no policy of how a return is processed on the receipt paper and I provided the receipt that I was given so I should not have received the hesitation in my refund.

Lr