ADP / very poor customer service

1 Sunnyvale, CA, United States Review updated:

ADP is absolutely the worst payroll company. We fired them in 2005 because they could not fix the mistake they made and resolve the issue timely with IRS. They still unable to get issue resolved. No return call or follow-up from them at all!! Their fees are outrageous and there are different answers for each person you speak to. Bad experience.

Al

Comments

• Hu
      4th of Apr, 2009

I absolutely agree with you regarding ADP. These people are idiots. If you are an employer, please stay away from them. I work for a small company here in Southern California, and unfortunately, ADP is the payroll company that they have been using for the last two years.

ADP makes more errors than they do anything right. For example, ADP not only has shorted me hours, but they have also shorted my co-workers. It's almost as if they do not look at or read the paperwork that is submitted. I have received paychecks short from 1 hour to one day's worth of work. I usually work a set amount of hours per week, but sometimes I will fill in for other employees who are out sick or on vacation. These additional hours are rarely counted by ADP, and sometimes it can take weeks for them to make the correction to your hours. Does ADP even bother reading the payroll paperwork submitted for that week or do they just push a button or go by how many hours you worked the last time? God forbid, I take a vacation because vacation hours really seem to gum up the works over there at ADP!

Now, I am dealing with a tax situation caused entirely by ADP. I received my W-2s and these nitwits over at ADP NEVER took out my federal withholding!!! ADP is trying to claim that I listed myself with 20 dependents... what the hell? I have NEVER submitted that type of paperwork. My dependent listing of Zero has never changed in the 10 years that I have worked for this company. ADP got it right last year. So if these idiots got it right the previous year and my paperwork has never changed, then why did ADP screw up this year or even think that I changed my dependent status from zero to 20? btw - who the hell has 20 dependents? I'm a single guy with no kids... [censored]es!

ADP also has an incorrect mailing address listed on my w-2s. I have also submitted my corrected address numerous times, but they have failed to correct it. Why should I not be surprised? These people at ADP must hire high-school dropouts, the mentally impaired and the stupid to figure out other people's payroll.

Well, I have had enough of ADP and after their latest [censored] up, I am going to lodge a formal complaint against them with the state of California and possibly the Federal government. I will keep complaining until I get some action against ADP, which must stand for All Dumb People.

• Er
      27th of Nov, 2009

I made a purchase for gas at a wilco Hess for just 10.00 fuel and then suddenly after making a desperate withdrawal from an atm that alway charges 6.00 for out of network i discovered that my card was billed 75.00 on top of the 10 fuel i purchased to see if they were sufficient funds into the account. I called to check the balance and discovered what it was for on the option to check last 10 transactions. I then called customer support 3 times trying to resolve the issue to only find out that i have to wait for 3 business days to pass before it would return. I then was told that i was being charged 3.00 a pop to talk to them which after that and account access of 50 cents add to almost 20.oo they ripped off of me theirself. My company i work for enrolled me with this as was my only choice at the time but now i am planning to make a move to a regular checking account. This company is scandalous and i would never recommend them at all as they rip off peoples hard earned paycheck from which they sit and gain interest off your money. I think a class action may be in store for them.

• D9
      17th of Feb, 2017

Agreed. ADP has started charging me for a new benefit that I did not elect. I contacted them immediately when it started and they took over a month to have some poor #### call me on the phone and tell me there was nothing they could do and that I had this benefit all along. The person who they had call has no access to the system, but I do and can clearly see that I have never had this benefit charged to me in 15 years at the company. I am going back to the company payroll now and am going to start complaining loudly...