Adopt-a-Pet.com / hopeful paws dog rescue also know as pawscrossedanimalrescue7@gmail.com

1 SUNLAND, CA, United States Review updated:

Hello,
I recently experienced some extremely unethical behavior from someone who is using your site for dog adoptions. I went looking for a lab mis some months ago and contacted a woman named Emily Luciano from Hopeful Paws Dog Rescue. Now I can't say whether she is the only one that runs this rescue, but it looks like it is just her. I should have definitely done my research more deeply because she has a ton of bad yelp reviews of ripping people off like she did to me. I have proof of ALL of this via email and my bank and PayPal records. I gave her a deposit on a puppy of $175. I should have seen the red flag with how pushy she was about the money. I was not quite ready to pick up the puppy in Menifee where she claims her rescue is for some weeks. I tried to set up seeing the dog several times and even offered to drive out there (two hours away) but suddenly things would go wrong and she couldn't make it and then "the dogs were sick" etc etc. Finally the day came when I was supposed to meet the puppy again and she emailed me saying that she had sent back my payment and the dogs now have Parvo and are not adoptable. I saw a payment on PayPal so thought all was fine and true. However, two days later that payment was redacted by her bank and cancelled. I contacted her via phone and email with NO responses until I finally had my bank file a claim for the money. Now when I went back to look for someone else to adopt from I see the SAME photos of the puppy she said she had for me! There are also photos on there of puppies I inquired about 5 months ago that she said were already adopted (one being Mikey, small black lab). This woman is a fraud and criminal and should NOT be allowed to be selling through your site!
I will be reporting her to the authorities.
Jenny Brainard

Je
May 30, 2018

More Adopt-a-Pet.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• As
      10th of Dec, 2018

Hi Jenny, I recently got a puppy from Emily too and have been having serious issues. Our puppy had parvo, and had to be hospitalized. He had been doing better, but is sick again and we will be going back to the vet to check on him. We are having a lot more issues, but she refuses to get back in touch with me. Did you look at any legal proceedings? I feel we shouldnt let this continue to happen to other pets and families.