Acs / Payment - Student Loan

1 Utica, NY, United States Review updated:

Like others who have complained, I sent in my March, 2009 payment per usual, through my Wells Fargo Bill Pay. I always pay at least two weeks in advance, and have never had problems in the past. The payment, due 3.01.2009, was not received, and I contacted both Wells Fargo and ACS, and discovered that the payment had indeed not been cashed. It appeared that the billing address had changed, and so my previous payment was stopped, and a new payment was sent to the new address. ACS was informed about this new payment, and was sent proof of the attempted payment. I was assured that all would be well, and that any record of this "late" payment would be removed.

A couple of weeks later, I receive a new notice stating that the payment has yet to be received. I contact Wells Fargo, and the payment has been cashed. I contact ACS, and they say that the money has not been credited to my account, and that it has likely been deposited into a "general fund." (WTF?!?!?! Is that LEGAL?) Wells Fargo again sends proof of payment. I am told that it might take a little while for everything to be straightened out, but am again assured that there will be no repercussions, as it is the fault of ACS.

I call to check up about my payment, and the representative says that the money is there, that Wells Fargo has faxed confirmation, but that MY money, for some reason, has still not been credited to my account. She says that I should wait "at least a week" before checking back.

I wait. I receive a notice in the mail saying that my delinquent bill is going to be sent to collections. My PROCESSED PAYMENT, confirmed not only by representatives from ACS but also from Wells Fargo, is being sent to collections. I have reported it to the BBB. I honestly don't know what else to do. Is ACS even a legit company anymore? Can I trust them with my money?

Comments

• Wk
      15th of Sep, 2009

ACS is a horrible--run as fast as you can. They will ruin your credit

• Zi
      5th of Feb, 2010

Natasha, Has the issue been resolved yet?