ACAI SLIM DIET / Unauthorized Billing

2807 N Glenoaks Blvd.
I ordered a free trial of their product in which I willingly accepted to pay $4.99 shipping and handling. Then, roughly 3-4 weeks later I received a shipment with two bottles in it and my credit card had been charged $79.99 + $9.99 shipping.

I called them and offered to send back the unopened package immediately and requested a refund. The customer service representative said they do not give refunds on monthly shipments and that it was stated in the "terms and conditions" that unless I cancelled within 14 days of the free trial that I would be shipped bottles monthly and charged the above mentioned amount.

I contacted the Better Business Bureau and I also called my credit card company to have this claim disputed. Even though they may say in VERY SMALL PRINT that they will do this, it is not obvious to the customer. Also, they say they offer a 100% money back guarantee, but when asked about that they said it was only on the trial version---which is FREE anyways.

There are numerous complaints about the business tactics of this company online. I am still pursuing a resolution with the BBB and hope that this company will no longer be able to operate with the sole intention of confusing it's trail consumers and siphoning $90.00 per person after they didn't realize they had to cancel a membership that they were unaware they were even enrolled in after 14 days.

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE WHO HAS DEALT WITH THIS COMPANY AND HAD THIS SAME THING TO HAPPEN TO THEM TO CONTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU WITH YOUR COMPLAINT. If enough people report this unethical action, hopefully something will be done about their misleading business practices.

N  18th of Dec, 2008 by
I canceled my order of this JUNK. It did absolutely NO good, at all. I was shocked to find, that they took $89.00 from my bank. Especially, 3 weeks before Christmas. I am on Social Security, and very limited.

When I ordered this junk, I thought I'd try it. It was supposed to be a FREE trial. I did cancel the product, but it didn't work. When I finally reached a 'real-person', I was told they had no record of my canceling. This time, I was given a 'confirmation' number. Supposedly, this cancels my subscription with them.

Solution: I went to the bank, and had to pay them to keep this company from ever taking more money from me. Second solution, is don't buy from this company, for any reason. My grandkids, would have really enjoyed me spending the $89.00 on them, for X-mas.
A  6th of Jan, 2009 by
I totally agree 100%, it just happened to me today 1.06.09, i ordered on the 22nd of Dec.22nd and they took $90.00 from my bank acc. two days before they were suppose to and i had know idea i was on a membership and was going to be charged $90.00, and i can't get in contact with anybody to refund my money to my account. They told me to e-mail them and it's not working at all, i tried 10 times after the long message it wouldn't go thru. I'm pissed of i'm also on Social Security and i was hesitant about doing this and i should have went with my first thought which was don't trust what you can't see...!!!Damnnnnn
A  28th of Jan, 2009 by
I have also filed a complaint with the BBB. This company is a joke! They try to say that we agreed to continue purchasing the acai diet if we didn't cancel w/in 14 days. Yeah right! No where did I ever see that or agree to that. I never would have signed up if I would have known that two weeks later I would be charged 89.97 for the acai and 87.13 for the colon cleanse. What a rip off. They had better refund my money or I will take it farther than the BBB!
N  4th of Feb, 2009 by
Where do you call to cancel? Same thing happened to me. I have a pending $80 in my account now for the 2nd time.;.
N  15th of Nov, 2009 by
this is a bloody scam, i am from Austraila and as if i can call that number...You have taken about $300.00 so far out of my account for no reason except for ripping me off!!! I would like an email address and a mailing address so i can mailing my cancelation to you and take this matter further!!!

And our satisfaction is your number one concern MY ###!!!