24 Hour Fitness / lifetime membership rate

1 2518 Resnick DrRound Rock, TX, United States Review updated:

For all of you out there with memberships at 24hourFitness, beware. In 2008, 24hourFitness (in Round Rock) ran a promotion that if you prepaid 2 years at typical rate, you would receive 3rd year free, and then lock in a lifetime rate of $49 per year, so long as you paid yearly fee on time. Now, 24hourFitness is reneging on this agreement. My yearly rate has tripled this year. Many consumer protection websites are recording the complaints of angry 24hourFitness clients with this same promotional fee structure. I contacted the 24hourFitness billing department - they were completely unhelpful and denied that anyone had locked in lifetime discounted rates. They claimed to right to change their fee structure at will. They refused to admit that there was a "spirit of good faith" in the contract. Those of you with promotional membership fee structures at 24hourFitness should review your contracts carefully. I will not be renewing my contract with this dishonest corporation.

24 Hour Fitness

Ge
Jan 21, 2016
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Pd
      23rd of Mar, 2016

The exact same thing happened to me. I paid a lump amount up front in 2007 and was told that I would have an annual payment of $49 for life. In 2016, my annual amount increased by 300% to $149. I have spoken to them locally and the Customer Service, but have gotten nowhere.