1&1scam

Da Jan 09, 2013 Chesterbrook, PA Review updated:

I was charged for a service I did not request, and locked into a year long contract without my consent or authorization.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Chesterbrook, PA When calling and emailing 1&1 internet about this, they refised to help me, and so I am reporting this company to the BBB, and to every place so that this doesn't happen to other people.

Comments

• Wa
      Jan 15, 2013

Same thing happened to me in spades.In my opinion, of all the internet companies to get involved with, 1&1 would be the last. I curse the day I ever registered any domains with them. Check out [redacted]s for some customer comments.
    It should be a warning that when their phone was answered by a recording that tells you if you have gotten a notice from NCO, a collection agency, to press a certain number. If they are a reputable business, why did they have to send so many accounts to a collection agency?
    The Eastern Pennsylvania /Washington DC Better Business Bureau had given 1&1 an “F” rating. An investigative journalist, Kelli Jack has written a series of articles about them and had a pending lawsuit. She said: “1and1 Should Be Shut Down.”

• Gu
      Jan 25, 2013

Same thing happened to me. I was charged $239.88 for a year's worth of internet services which I had never requested. A salesman had called (if that happens to you and he identifies himself as a 1&1 rep, DO NOT ANSWER, JUST HANG UP) to offer the service and I said that I was not interested. I thought that was the end of it. Then I got charged $19.99 a month for a year, before I noticed (I have so many web hosting expenses that at first, I thought those charges were related to some other service) and when I questioned the charges, they answered that I had accepted to try that particular service which I never needed in the first place and never accessed. When I asked to ave them play the tape it for me, they answered that I would have to produce a court order or subpoena before they would do that. When I got my credit card company to reverse those charges, they locked up my account and all of my domains, not even letting the mail go through. They then advised me that, in order for them to unlock my account, I had to fax them a signed chargeback statement, stating that the charges were valid. I feel mugged. My advice to any potential customer: Don't walk, run as fast as you can from 1&1.

Apr 13, 2017

@Guy A. That is exactly what I just found out happened to me. Their charges are so complicated, I didn't realize until I did some serious research that they were charging me for something I didn't ask for and never used. It's been four and a half years! So now I gotta threaten to take them to court. I think all of us with these complaints should get together...strength in numbers.

• Sh
      Oct 02, 2013

I am currently being harrassed by 1 and 1 also for a service I never requested. Is there anyone who successfully got them to stop emailing, calling and writing for charges you never incurred? They never had my credit card so at least they can't charge me, but they are threatening a collection agency. Three years now they've been chasing me.

• Ur
      Oct 11, 2014

I am investigating 1and1 Internet's fraudulent billing practices. If 1 and 1 Internet billed you for services without your authorization, failed to cancel services at your request or sent you to collections for unauthorized debt, feel free to contact The Eureka Law Firm at [protected]@eurekalawfirm.com. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.

Apr 14, 2017

@Uri Idstrom Do you still exist? If so, send me your website. I'm interested but suspicious.