Cleannet USAscam!

On august 2, 2007, my husband and I signed a franchisee contract with cleannet. On august 11 & 18, 2007 we attended training were we were informed that within 3-5 weeks of completion we would be contacted with out first contract. By september 22, 2007 we had not heard from cleannet. On september 26, 2007 I cleannet a letter requesting to termination my contract because services were not provided.

On october 1, 2007 I received a letter from cleannet stating that I had to wait 120 days before I would be able to cancel or terminate my contract. On december 16, 2007 I wrote another letter informing cleannet that I wanted to terminate my contract.in accordance to cleannetâs owner manual once the franchisee has submitted a letter in writing wishing to terminate their contract cleannet has 30days to provide me with a full refund. On january 7, 2007 my husband went to the cleannet office to return the equipment we received and to find out the status of our refund. He was informed by ed lugo, district sales manager that we would be receiving our refund within in 10 days.

On january 21, 2008 I called cleannet and spoke with vanessa, the account who informed me that she had not received and termination paperwork. I left messages for ed lugo and steve tessier, vice president and received not response. It has been 5 months since we signed a contract with cleannet and we have not received the services they were suppose to provide or our refund.

• Jp
    jpalm Oct 09, 2014

I here so many complaints what's wrong with this company?

• Does anyone know exactly how to get your money back?? I am the family member of a person who has given too much money to this poorly run business and trying to help her rectify her mistake. It has been over 6 months since she signed her contract and has only received one contract, and it is impossible for her to get another. She is supposed to be making 10000 and actually making only 1100. Week after week the supposed boss of this company is "working on getting more" but is either never in the office or is still waiting on phone calls and meetings or whatever else. The office manager is absolutely unless to talk to also. She also has had 4 QA's in these months that seem to dissappear. But to get back to the point I had read some of the fine print and it claimed that she had to notify them within 10 days that they needed to satisfy her contract and after that they have 2 months to provide the accounts, but if she puts in another notification but it's not 10 days before the end of the 2 months they have ANOTHER 2 MONTHS TO JERK YOU AROUND. It's a stupid cycle, Do NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!

• Jf
    J from VA Oct 15, 2013

Cleannetusa is complete garbage. Unfortunately I sunk my hard earned money into this crap, I just wanted to own my own company and be profitable is that to much to ask for. If you want a cleaning company save your money and start soliciting your own business. From what I see the cleannet name is soiled with a lot of potential customers so you will be putting your name on the line with theirs. Most accounts you will be offered will be way underbid with no meat on the bone left for yourself after paying them a hefty 20 percent and extremely high insurance through them. Well why don’t you get your own insurance? Cleannet puts extreme coverages on things and you sign off on carrying that when you sign the franchisee agreement so no insurance company will be able to cover you. Oh and don’t try to get proof of what your paying for they will not give it to you. At cleannet you will be “pimped” your buying into a franchise to be a business owner but you will not own anything, cleannet holds all the contracts, your essentially an employee with no benefits. You will not get much of anything mr lugo is selling to you. Go ahead and throw your money at cleannet and see who you can get a hold of when realize you have not been offered any business, you will be surprised at how at any given point of the day the person you need to talk to is “out to lunch” or not in today. At cleannet you will most likely be offered recycled/damaged accounts so if you already got screwed out of your money and they offer you business ask them if it is a new account or an account where the customer is fed up and going through the motions of canceling. Make sure you get it in writing because when you sign to take the account its yours, when the customer decides to cancel it will count towards your package meaning whatever that account is worth cleannet will deem it lost due to poor service even though your cleaning up after the previous franchisee, they will now never have to owe you the balance of that account monthly. You will have to pay 5 percent for them to do your accounting but you can’t ask questions to them they won’t be answered and you will not be payed in a timely manner if at all to do “special services”. So go ahead and a strip and wax or anything that’s not included in the contract with the customer, I personally have been trying to get my money for a special service for more than 3 months now, so don’t do them. I can’t lie and say there is no one successful at cleannet, there is three or four people that I know of that make good money and will come on these sites to defend cleannet but they are the only ones that will get the good money making contracts. A couple have worked to where there are at and some pay to get the large contracts, leaving people like me and you up ### creek. If none of this scares you and you decide to throw your money away at least ask them to provide you with some current new contracts they are working on getting I guarantee they can’t do that. The reason you should ask this is because you will most likely get someones old account that was hijacked from them. Training ha, good luck with that, they go through employees and managers like underwear. You yourself probably know more about cleaning than there new employee. I am begging you not to sink your money into this crap, I have got more business on my own just handing out business cards then cleannet has provided me. Cleannet will do there best to try to separate you from “your customer”. Cleannet s qa’s will stop by your accounts hand out there cards and encourage that customer to call them with issues. Why, because they are steadily building a case against to take that business from you. There is not enough contracts to go around or to fill your package so where do you think they come from? If you have been fooled already please read contracts, and do not be fooled into any contract where you pay for the supplies, you will end up going into your own profit if you accept this. From the beginning the salesman will go way under what is needed to supply the building, this is a great sales tactic the customer knows they have been paying twice as much for supplies but this magic man comes in and can cut the cost in half. This will fall on your back they will feed you a line like we can re negotiate the contract in three months, that means spend more than the budget for supplies for three months and then we will ask the customer to pay more. The key is in the contract both parties have to agree to pay more, customer doesn’t want to pay more and you stuck throwing away your profit on supplies, now that’s good business. I have plenty of information on how this company works and I would love to get on here and blast every person I’ve came in to contact with in cleannet and all the bs but I wanted to be informative to people thinking about this franchise or who have just got involved with these rats. If you want to experience a little bit of cleannet before giving them your money here is an exercise for you. Hand over a check for 15k to a family member and then have that person avoid you for a long period of time and bs you on what your money is being used for.

ROSA L Aug 29, 2013

Cleannet USA is something terrible, my sister invest all her money in this place. so far she lost 2 out of 4 accounts already. She pays royalty fees, insurance fees (2, 000 deductible), fingerprints fees, etc., etc. A few weeks ago she lost the keys of one account inside the building and they were found one day after. The manager of the place decided to change the locks of all the building and the bill end up in 2.225.00 dlls aprox. I lost the account too after two years of service. Cleannet told me that they can do NOTHING to help me, the insurance didn't back me up because the deductible is $2, 000, So they are not paying me NOTHING FOR 3 MONTHS until they get the $2, 225.00. I asked them to take partial payments to cover the debt; but it didn't work that way. They don't care if I have three children to support, that I'm a single mother and that I have to pay my rent, bills, gas and food. IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOU, YOU ARE BY YOURSELF THEY HAVE NO FEELINGS AND THEY DON'T CARE.

• Li
    lilylily Oct 26, 2012

I am totally agreed with most people in here. I've owned a contract through CleanNet for almost 3 years now. When I first signed up they promise to find me accounts that will total to the agreement but it took them 2 months just to get my first account which is only $385 and is 30 mile away from home. They said either I took it or it will consider as turn down and will count against my contract. I decided to keep it. After the 1st of the new year they give me more accounts but they all spread out and I don't mind driving but the thing is that once they give me those accounts they said they have to renewal their contract with those customers and the price has been cut. I cleaned everything that is on the contract but they keep on saying that customer request this and that. As a cleaner we have to do it even though is not on the cleaning scopes. I clean above and beyond what is on the contract but they still complaining. I have one account they claims that the customer stop making payment to them. They let me work for 3 whole months with out telling me anything about it, towards the end of the 3rd month the QC finally call me one night saying that I do not need to go in to clean that location anymore because the customer didn't pay. Which they should have told me the first month when they found out that customer are behind on payment but they never say a thing. I still have not get pay for those three months yet. Now they said they turn into the collection and I email the Director saying that I need those documents I will have to take it to court to see if I can get payment for those three months. He said he will get the documents and send it to me but its has been 4 months passing by still have not heard anything yet either. Also, now they are cutting the pay for special work order. They said there is a set scale that if you got an ER call for cleaning they only pay you $15 per hr. I think that Cleannet is a truly scammed and fraud trying to rip people off. So, if you are thinking about doing business with them or franchise through other company please read and research their history and get to know them well before you throw your money in and will never get it back.

Now I have a question to ask you all. What do I need to do if in a case like I have mentioned above that didn't get payment for the work and Cleannet didn't let me know they let me work for those three months. What suggestions do you all have to help me on this? I really do need your help. THanks.

Informed source Dec 31, 2011

1st amendment, aka justice4franchisee, aka iloveamerica, aka Dude Love, aka Jerry Vasquez... I think it is a riot how after every couple of years you attempt to change your name and get more creative (in your mind). Hope latest name change goes well for you. I'm sure your friends at unhappyfranchisee.com and jonathan fortman will appreciate the effort.

justice4franchisee Dec 30, 2011

I wrote the wrong e-mail instead of [email protected], please use [email protected] Thanks all.

justice4franchisee Dec 30, 2011

I totally agree, this company is a scam. Their sales department bid the job so low just to get their commission. Then the jobs cannot be done properly so it gets recycle to the next poor soul. The management is no better, there is no support at all after you pay the franchise fee. I think these people have no ethics at all. I think the attorney general should look into this company for deceptive practices. All the franchisee need to band together to discuss their experiences. Please e-mail me at [email protected]

Informed source Oct 04, 2011

1st amendment, let us review where everything stands:
    a) Liberal Judges in MASS (what a surprise) have handed a minor victory to "your side"
    b) No court/Judge outside of MASS has made a judgement in "your favor"
    c) Liss-Riordin has been paid lots of money by SEIU and Big Labor with little results
    d) No Damages have been awarded, in fact, Coverall attorney quoted "fight isn't over, we will appeal"
    e) Your own case in California has been "held up" by your attorney's due to "funding issues"
    f) No one going to jail, all civil cases, none have fraud charges associated or anything else
    Just wanted to state all of the facts...

1st Amendment Oct 04, 2011

To Lying Source, cleanet, jan-pro, stratus, janiking, coverall are all the same there all corupted fake franchises. there all like a judge said there all Ponzi Schemes! Lying Source what are you going to say when all these people running these fake franchises end up in Prison!

Informed source Sep 20, 2011

You are truly an idiot! Maybe you should do more homework than simply listening to or going from blog site to blog site to get your information. Cleannet does not operate it's system exactly like Strauts. Cleannet runs it's system more like Coverall. They utilize the Regional Office aspect which is owned by the Corporate entity. Stratus utilizes the Master Developer/Franchise concept more like Jan-Pro and Jani-King. That's like saying YOU, could become an Appeals court Judge because YOU are an attorney, YOU are an ambulance chaser and nothing more...Your not even a very good one at that since you can't pay your child support on-time. (per your own written word on word press)

Jonathan E Fortman Sep 15, 2011

The Law Office of Jonathan E. Fortman, LLC is interested in your story and has filed a lawsuit in Missouri on behalf of franchisees of Stratus Building Solutions, very similar to CleanNet USA. The lawsuit seeks to recover damages on behalf of the franchisees for fraud and breach of contract. The lawsuit is asking the Court to certify the case as a class action. There is NO CHARGE to you to discuss this matter and your call will be kept in confidence. Please contact us as soon as possible.

Law Office of Jonathan E. Fortman, LLC
    [protected]
    [email protected]

• Va
    Vanessa813 Jul 22, 2011

I am thinking about whether or not to sign a contract with these people but i am from tampa florida and i am a mother of a five year old girl and i have talked with a lady named sharon from clean net and she has made me some interesting promises and i just want to know whether or not i should invest 1700 dollars into this company or seek else where. The lady assured me to making 500 for the first 3 months which isnt what i would have invested but then she said that after that thrid month it will go up to triple the amount that i have invested.

Robert223 Apr 08, 2011

This company is terrible, my husband and worked for CleanNet for seven years. Our original contract was for us to receive 7, 000 thousand dollars month, we only received 5, 000 we were counting our blessings so we did not really complain. Every company they set us up with gave us great reviews and we still did not get what we paid for. Now we are both unemployed after giving CleanNet more money to find us other jobs. This is a terrible company; I highly advise anyone who is thinking about getting a job with this company to think again. You will be left disappointed and bankrupt.

• So
    southwest Mar 21, 2011

i have been a franchisee for a year and a half things were not like they told me but i was making sum money but recently i lost a contract because of reasons that were lies or bad business on management. i lost the dollar amount and they said i was liable and cant get it back i could of sold that contract now im left with a few more and i want to know how to protect myself from this can anyone help ?

• Da
    DANIYA Feb 02, 2011

stay away from this company, don t give them a panny, they only gonna take your money and they will ignore you, i really hate them, they took from me 10.000, and since 2008 i m only making 650, and when i asked for my refund they told me they will take 80% from the money that i gave them .CLEAN NET REALLY A FRAUD COMPANY.I HATE THEM ALL.

1st Amendment Dec 24, 2010

Hi Redd76
    The better buisness bureu is a scam! They are not a goverment agency but a group of Con Artist who will rate a company with an "A" if they get $ PAYED $. The scam was all over the news recently and you can find many articles on the internet. The bbb will not post complaints if the business pays them money or there yearly fee.
    They Harassed WolfgangPuck the famous cheff. The bbb told him to $PAY$ or they would post bad ratings on his restaurants. When he told the bbb that he would not pay them the bbb gave him a bad rating even though he had no complaints.
    The bbb has been exposed. So if you complain to the bbb and if cleannet is paying them lots of Money most like the bbb wont post your complaint or do anything about it.
    You are better of filling a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision www.Ftc.Gov The attorney general and your state attorney general or filling a Lawsuit.

• Cr
    CrusaderinOhio May 20, 2010

I would like to hear from anyone who is ready to join me in a Class action lawsuit against CleanNet USA. Someone or some group of individuals need to stop them from taking our hard earned money for empty promises in this tough economy. Please drop me an email @ [email protected]

Juliana , Luiz Silva May 18, 2010

My wife and I signed a contract with Cleannetusa in October/12/09, with Ed lugo the sales guy, is going to be already 8 months and we still don't get any job for them, they never call, they don't give your explanations, they just want get you money. I'm very mad with them. Don't loose money, don't do businness with them.
    I just want my money back!

• moemyint May 12, 2010

give me my money back

• Ga
    Gadel May 12, 2010

My wife had a cleaning company and was doing so well. after she couldn't find and more clients, we contacted CleanNet USA's office in Independence, Ohio. That was the biggest mistake we ever made in our lives. We paid them $5, 000 for only empty and campaign promises. Before we signed the contract with them, we were assured by their Regional Director, and we have written documentations to support our claim, that the hourly rate would be “much” higher than what they started to offer us. I sent emails to the company's president and met with the National Area Director. I even told them that I was going to let one of the local TV Stations to be the referee between us. But, we decided not to do that at this time until we discuss our case with the appropriate personnel. If you are interested in hearing more, please contact me via this email, [email protected] .

• Re
    Redd76 May 08, 2010

Hello everyone! My husband is looking in to the whole Clean Net USA business. I went to the BBB website and to my surprise they are rating this company @ an A+! I'm taking notice of all the complaints that are posted and it's scary being that the BBB is giving them such a high grade! Has anyone contacted the BBB and put complaints in with them?

Juliana , Luiz Silva May 05, 2010

on october 2009 I make a contract with cleannet usa, I spoke with Ed Lugo, on october 31 I finished all the training, they sad I was going to star working as soon like 4 ou 5 weeks, from this day. Today it's May/06/2010 and I'm still waiting to start working, If Don't keep calling then, they never ever call back, that's just ridiculous. Don't loose your time doing business with then, you will just loose your money that you work hard to get it!

• Da
    David Peattie Mar 30, 2010

READ the fine print with these folks. . . . We lost our lease and had to move, but had to pay them for a full 1/2 year of service after. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR SERVICE!

joeyzz Feb 16, 2010

join the fight

• Bl
    Black1964 Jan 12, 2010

I dont care how long it has been I need a lawyer because they got me really good, I got two contracts with cleannet and before I got into my second month both contracts were taken away from me because they claim I was not doing my job I spent alot of money with cleannet and they are liars and they still owe me some contracts so please if anyone knows of anyone who sued cleannet and won please let me know I do believe I have a case please help me. [email protected]

• El
    ElenaWalid Nov 16, 2009

THIS company, is a SCAM, and ONLY steals your money. My husband joined in about 6 months ago, and took MONTHS to receive just 1 place, he ended up getting about 5 different places to clean, but all were taken due to "poor quality" when we never were told by the building people themselves that we weren't cleaning good enough. One of these places specifically said "NO DUSTING", after 2 months ofs cleaning, the clean net decided to inspect the different places we cleaned at and all of a sudden, clean net says that one building complained about "how we didnt dust", then we were told to go into that building later that night to clean, we did, and 2 days later our building was terminated because we so called "refusd to show up that night to dust".

We eventually lost all but 1 of our cleaning places due to not showing up to clean, which is a total lie, we show up EVERYDAY and perform our duties correctly.

We went to the company and complained and said we have our lawyer ready, and the head of the clean net in the bay area said sorry they scammed us, and to just give them 3 weeks to fullfill our pay. We threatened them good, and if they dont give us a refund or a job site, they are going to be taken to court !

By the way, when we showed up with complaints at clean net building, there were other people there as well for fraud of taking their buildings from them as well.

DO NOT JOIN THEM ON THEIR BUSINESS.

• Do not waste any money on these people, becuase if you do... they are going to make you loose even more, and not just money but your effort and even your pride. They treat you like you are worthless, they give the worst quotes to their clients and becuase is so cheap they sign the contracts and you have to do the dirty work. I just lost another $1, 600 because supposedly they gave the wrong qoute to me for some xtras and the client refuse to pay. However, they will never loose any money as one of their quality contol employee told one day. I have so many bad experiences with them that you can't imagine. The never get back to you, but to complaint. DO NOT FALL INTO THEIR GAME!! Some jobs after all the math, I don't even make 1/2 of the minimum wage!!! Forget about getting back your investment :( I told my husband so many times "We are going to WIN more, when we DROP all these accounts and forget about these ###. In another words "you have to loose all to start winning again... far far away from these THIEVES. I HATE THEM ALL!

• Li
    Lidija Martinov Aug 17, 2009

I own a Cleannet USA franchise for 8 years, I am not really sure how much money I invested with them. Now I only have a small contract with that has monthly income of $275.00. They won't answer my calls or give a straight answer. How do I get my money back or what are the steps that I need to take.

1st Amendment Aug 17, 2009

Lawsuits are now being filled against the bigest cleaning franchisors. Janiking, coverall and jan-pro all have Lawsuits at this moment. I'm a plaintif in a national class action lawsuit against jan-pro. I think you all at cleannet should get together and take legal action. Thats what we did. We have the best lawfirn in the country helping us. You can visit there website at www.llrlaw.com. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at my e-mail adress [email protected] Please read the recent article about the curent lawsuits against cleaning franchisors at the following link.

• Ih
    i_hate_cleannet Jul 24, 2009

I have been with cleannet for over four years. in this time they have me trapped.. they supposedly train you to be a successful business owner. well, they (under ) bid all the contracts FOR you. you dont get to bid them (like a real business owner) ... they are so underbid that it is next to impossible to make a plug nickle in the end. you are out cleaning supplies, gas, time and heaven forbid you have hired anyone. Here is where the real scam is... if a company dosnt renew thier contract you still pay their BS management fees, their way over priced inscurance (more on that later) and franchise fees. if a company that you are cleaning closes, sells out or files for bankruptcy... you still pay the fees ... forever. And the way the Cleannet contract is set up, it is their best interest if you get booted out of a company... because.. you still pay... and so does the next guy and the next guy...add it up. Their is no support for you. Thier quality control people kiss the clients ### and will commit you to "a few extra things", not in their original contract with the client, for no more money. Now their BS insurance... if you ever need it, you are hung out to dry, the amount out of your pocket is outrageous for even a small claim.
    I am posting this as a warning. i will not put my real name, as i am still with these sorry #$#%^#$ until i have paid them all their money. I had to take a second job just to keep a roof over my head and feed my family. Soon they will be paid off and then it will be all out WAR.

• Ms
    MSMEKA318 Jul 21, 2009

I have invested 25, 000 so consider you guys lucky I hate CLEANET USA THEY STILL OWE ME 10, 000 IN BUSINESS AND HAS TAKEN OVER 5, 000 FROM ME FOR QUOTE POOR SERVICE I AM SPEAKING WITH A LAWYER TOMORROW AND I HOPE HE CAN HELP ME ATLEAST GET MY INVESTMENT BACK.

• Le
    ledastray Jul 15, 2009

CleanNet-ATL scammed me out of $10, 000! I wish i would have found this sight before it gave them my hard earned money!

• Bo
    BocaDr May 05, 2009

I am not a franchisee - I am a CleanNet client: I've had CleanNet cleaning my office for 3 yrs. While the service I've gotten from the franchisee has been very good, I would STRONGLY advise anyone considering signing a service contract w/ CleanNet to RECONSIDER: READ THE CONTRACT VERY CAREFULLY!! Once the client signs that contract, unless CleanNet is not providing adequate service, the only way for that client to get out of the contract is to give written notice at least 30 days before the anniversary date of when the contract originally started. Then the contract terminates on the NEXT ANNIVERSARY DATE, NOT in 30 days! That means if you decide you no longer want to do business w/ CleanNet, but the anniversary date of the contract has just past, you're going to be LOCKED IN to their service for ANOTHER YEAR before you can get out of the contract! A definite CAVEAT EMPTOR (BUYER BEWARE) situation!!

• Gi
    give me my money back Apr 19, 2009

No one cares who you are. your a cleannet peckerwood and thats all I know. my money was jacked by those crooks in boston and i want it back

• Gi
    give me my money back Apr 19, 2009

who cares who you are cleannet peckerwood

Ron Olenik Mar 30, 2009

I am the Real RON OLENIK!
    I did not post this complaint above.
    If you work hard you get rewards with cleannet or any other Franchise cleaning company.

And by the way learn how to spell my name idiot!

ron olenic Mar 29, 2009

I USED TO WORK FOR CLEANNET. WHEN YOU BUY A FRANCHISE THERE THEY SET YOU UP FOR FAILURE. ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR CASH. AND WHEN THEY GET IT, THEY START LOOKING FOR THE NEXT VICTIM.

maria Mar 28, 2009

I am trying to remove the complaint I placed above because I regret the decision I have made .I wish to remove it as soon as possible.
    I have placed that complaint 24 days ago and just want to say I settled all my differences with Cleannet and I am very pleased to say they are being very kind with me, specially the president Paul and the director Dawn Ferdinand.I am sorry for any problem I have cause to Cleannet.

• Ta
    Taken to the cleaners Feb 15, 2009

Anyone who even thinks about owning a CleanNet franchise better think twice before giving them ONE PENNY. CleanNet is nothing but a greedy business that only cares about one thing: taking hard earned money from franchise owner's pockets.

CleanNet wants franchise owners to constantly pay for so called 'Upgrade' fees which amounts to loans taken out and paid to the CleanNet master franchise owner. This is in addition to your monthly fees you must pay these people. BE WARNED, this is could completely catch you off guard.