Resolved Cleannet USAscam!

On august 2, 2007, my husband and I signed a franchisee contract with cleannet. On august 11 & 18, 2007 we attended training were we were informed that within 3-5 weeks of completion we would be contacted with out first contract. By september 22, 2007 we had not heard from cleannet. On september 26, 2007 I cleannet a letter requesting to termination my contract because services were not provided.

On october 1, 2007 I received a letter from cleannet stating that I had to wait 120 days before I would be able to cancel or terminate my contract. On december 16, 2007 I wrote another letter informing cleannet that I wanted to terminate my contract.in accordance to cleannetâs owner manual once the franchisee has submitted a letter in writing wishing to terminate their contract cleannet has 30days to provide me with a full refund. On january 7, 2007 my husband went to the cleannet office to return the equipment we received and to find out the status of our refund. He was informed by ed lugo, district sales manager that we would be receiving our refund within in 10 days.

On january 21, 2008 I called cleannet and spoke with vanessa, the account who informed me that she had not received and termination paperwork. I left messages for ed lugo and steve tessier, vice president and received not response. It has been 5 months since we signed a contract with cleannet and we have not received the services they were suppose to provide or our refund.

Roady191 Mar 12, 2008

Find this guy on ebay using the seller id sunsetsam.

• Wi
    Will B. Mar 27, 2008

Consider yourself lucky if you are able to get a refund from those FRAUDS CleanNet USA. I have been a franchise owner for 7 years and it has been nothing but headaches and bad news from this company. One thing they absolutely LOVE is to take the franchisee's money. They will make you sign for loans you don't need or want, they threaten to take away your accounts unless you give them more money. They also love to sell you damaged accounts. I warn ANYONE AND EVERYONE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CLEANNET. In particular (for me at least) do not do business with CleanNet Of New England/Paul Oliveira unless you're nationality is Portuguese, he favors his own kind for his franchise owners and also most immigrants, both legal and non-legal..

• Wi
    Will B. Aug 02, 2008

Hello Again, I am very pleased to say I have settled all my differences with CleanNet and as of today I am still a franchise owner. CleanNet did work with me and I was able to keep my business going. I am 100% happy with the outcome and I am sorry for any problems I have caused...

• Co
    Concerned citizen Oct 17, 2008

Yes, you need to stay away from this company. They are very slick when marketing their franchise, making all sorts of promises about training and support. After they take your money they make all kinds of excuses about why they are unable to get you a proper account. They will try to stick you with non-profitable accounts that will end up losing you money. Their support staff do not return phone calls and they basically ignore you after they take your money. Make sure you do your research. Talk to previous franchisees who have been scammed by this company. They sell master franchises all over the country, but they end up having the same problems. The franchisee ends up being the loser. Stay away from them.

• Gl
    Glen Dec 29, 2008

Cleannet is the same with their employees. I worked for them for 4 days. The woman who was training me was in at 10:00 and left for lunch for an hour and letf at 3:00. After the 4th day they asked me if this was the right job for me, I told them that they were misleading in the ad and that I was not the right person. It was a mutual agreement. Now they are stating that I quit. How can you work for a company that only has someone training you for 3 hours. This company is a fraud.

After just a few days of working their you can see why they have such a high turn over and how they rip off people.

• Ta
    Taken to the cleaners Feb 15, 2009

You are right! Cleannet has to be the worst company out there. I paid them over $5000 for a franchise only to find out that I ended up waiting 5 months for my first contrat. Then I found out that their quality control guy was doing side jobs like strip and waxes that the franchises were supposed to get. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.
    They take your bucks and then disappear. I wish somone like 60 minutes would investigate this company. By the way I still only have $1200 in monthly accounts and one of the accounts they claim they took from me for bad quality and wont replace it. The funny thing about that account is that I work at this place as an employee daylight. No one ever complained about me there.

• Ta
    Taken to the cleaners Feb 15, 2009

Anyone who even thinks about owning a CleanNet franchise better think twice before giving them ONE PENNY. CleanNet is nothing but a greedy business that only cares about one thing: taking hard earned money from franchise owner's pockets.

CleanNet wants franchise owners to constantly pay for so called 'Upgrade' fees which amounts to loans taken out and paid to the CleanNet master franchise owner. This is in addition to your monthly fees you must pay these people. BE WARNED, this is could completely catch you off guard.

maria Mar 28, 2009

I am trying to remove the complaint I placed above because I regret the decision I have made .I wish to remove it as soon as possible.
    I have placed that complaint 24 days ago and just want to say I settled all my differences with Cleannet and I am very pleased to say they are being very kind with me, specially the president Paul and the director Dawn Ferdinand.I am sorry for any problem I have cause to Cleannet.

ron olenic Mar 29, 2009

I USED TO WORK FOR CLEANNET. WHEN YOU BUY A FRANCHISE THERE THEY SET YOU UP FOR FAILURE. ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR CASH. AND WHEN THEY GET IT, THEY START LOOKING FOR THE NEXT VICTIM.

Ron Olenik Mar 30, 2009

I am the Real RON OLENIK!
    I did not post this complaint above.
    If you work hard you get rewards with cleannet or any other Franchise cleaning company.

And by the way learn how to spell my name idiot!

• Gi
    give me my money back Apr 19, 2009

who cares who you are cleannet peckerwood

• Gi
    give me my money back Apr 19, 2009

No one cares who you are. your a cleannet peckerwood and thats all I know. my money was jacked by those crooks in boston and i want it back

• Bo
    BocaDr May 05, 2009

I am not a franchisee - I am a CleanNet client: I've had CleanNet cleaning my office for 3 yrs. While the service I've gotten from the franchisee has been very good, I would STRONGLY advise anyone considering signing a service contract w/ CleanNet to RECONSIDER: READ THE CONTRACT VERY CAREFULLY!! Once the client signs that contract, unless CleanNet is not providing adequate service, the only way for that client to get out of the contract is to give written notice at least 30 days before the anniversary date of when the contract originally started. Then the contract terminates on the NEXT ANNIVERSARY DATE, NOT in 30 days! That means if you decide you no longer want to do business w/ CleanNet, but the anniversary date of the contract has just past, you're going to be LOCKED IN to their service for ANOTHER YEAR before you can get out of the contract! A definite CAVEAT EMPTOR (BUYER BEWARE) situation!!

• Le
    ledastray Jul 15, 2009

CleanNet-ATL scammed me out of $10, 000! I wish i would have found this sight before it gave them my hard earned money!

• Ms
    MSMEKA318 Jul 21, 2009

I have invested 25, 000 so consider you guys lucky I hate CLEANET USA THEY STILL OWE ME 10, 000 IN BUSINESS AND HAS TAKEN OVER 5, 000 FROM ME FOR QUOTE POOR SERVICE I AM SPEAKING WITH A LAWYER TOMORROW AND I HOPE HE CAN HELP ME ATLEAST GET MY INVESTMENT BACK.

• Ih
    i_hate_cleannet Jul 24, 2009

I have been with cleannet for over four years. in this time they have me trapped.. they supposedly train you to be a successful business owner. well, they (under ) bid all the contracts FOR you. you dont get to bid them (like a real business owner) ... they are so underbid that it is next to impossible to make a plug nickle in the end. you are out cleaning supplies, gas, time and heaven forbid you have hired anyone. Here is where the real scam is... if a company dosnt renew thier contract you still pay their BS management fees, their way over priced inscurance (more on that later) and franchise fees. if a company that you are cleaning closes, sells out or files for bankruptcy... you still pay the fees ... forever. And the way the Cleannet contract is set up, it is their best interest if you get booted out of a company... because.. you still pay... and so does the next guy and the next guy...add it up. Their is no support for you. Thier quality control people kiss the clients ### and will commit you to "a few extra things", not in their original contract with the client, for no more money. Now their BS insurance... if you ever need it, you are hung out to dry, the amount out of your pocket is outrageous for even a small claim.
    I am posting this as a warning. i will not put my real name, as i am still with these sorry #$#%^#$ until i have paid them all their money. I had to take a second job just to keep a roof over my head and feed my family. Soon they will be paid off and then it will be all out WAR.

1st Amendment Aug 17, 2009

Lawsuits are now being filled against the bigest cleaning franchisors. Janiking, coverall and jan-pro all have Lawsuits at this moment. I'm a plaintif in a national class action lawsuit against jan-pro. I think you all at cleannet should get together and take legal action. Thats what we did. We have the best lawfirn in the country helping us. You can visit there website at www.llrlaw.com. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at my e-mail adress [email protected] Please read the recent article about the curent lawsuits against cleaning franchisors at the following link.

• Li
    Lidija Martinov Aug 17, 2009

I own a Cleannet USA franchise for 8 years, I am not really sure how much money I invested with them. Now I only have a small contract with that has monthly income of $275.00. They won't answer my calls or give a straight answer. How do I get my money back or what are the steps that I need to take.

• Do not waste any money on these people, becuase if you do... they are going to make you loose even more, and not just money but your effort and even your pride. They treat you like you are worthless, they give the worst quotes to their clients and becuase is so cheap they sign the contracts and you have to do the dirty work. I just lost another $1, 600 because supposedly they gave the wrong qoute to me for some xtras and the client refuse to pay. However, they will never loose any money as one of their quality contol employee told one day. I have so many bad experiences with them that you can't imagine. The never get back to you, but to complaint. DO NOT FALL INTO THEIR GAME!! Some jobs after all the math, I don't even make 1/2 of the minimum wage!!! Forget about getting back your investment :( I told my husband so many times "We are going to WIN more, when we DROP all these accounts and forget about these ###. In another words "you have to loose all to start winning again... far far away from these THIEVES. I HATE THEM ALL!

• El
    ElenaWalid Nov 16, 2009

THIS company, is a SCAM, and ONLY steals your money. My husband joined in about 6 months ago, and took MONTHS to receive just 1 place, he ended up getting about 5 different places to clean, but all were taken due to "poor quality" when we never were told by the building people themselves that we weren't cleaning good enough. One of these places specifically said "NO DUSTING", after 2 months ofs cleaning, the clean net decided to inspect the different places we cleaned at and all of a sudden, clean net says that one building complained about "how we didnt dust", then we were told to go into that building later that night to clean, we did, and 2 days later our building was terminated because we so called "refusd to show up that night to dust".

We eventually lost all but 1 of our cleaning places due to not showing up to clean, which is a total lie, we show up EVERYDAY and perform our duties correctly.

We went to the company and complained and said we have our lawyer ready, and the head of the clean net in the bay area said sorry they scammed us, and to just give them 3 weeks to fullfill our pay. We threatened them good, and if they dont give us a refund or a job site, they are going to be taken to court !

By the way, when we showed up with complaints at clean net building, there were other people there as well for fraud of taking their buildings from them as well.

DO NOT JOIN THEM ON THEIR BUSINESS.

• Bl
    Black1964 Jan 12, 2010

I dont care how long it has been I need a lawyer because they got me really good, I got two contracts with cleannet and before I got into my second month both contracts were taken away from me because they claim I was not doing my job I spent alot of money with cleannet and they are liars and they still owe me some contracts so please if anyone knows of anyone who sued cleannet and won please let me know I do believe I have a case please help me. [email protected]

joeyzz Feb 16, 2010

join the fight

• Da
    David Peattie Mar 30, 2010

READ the fine print with these folks. . . . We lost our lease and had to move, but had to pay them for a full 1/2 year of service after. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR SERVICE!

Juliana , Luiz Silva May 05, 2010

on october 2009 I make a contract with cleannet usa, I spoke with Ed Lugo, on october 31 I finished all the training, they sad I was going to star working as soon like 4 ou 5 weeks, from this day. Today it's May/06/2010 and I'm still waiting to start working, If Don't keep calling then, they never ever call back, that's just ridiculous. Don't loose your time doing business with then, you will just loose your money that you work hard to get it!

• Re
    Redd76 May 08, 2010

Hello everyone! My husband is looking in to the whole Clean Net USA business. I went to the BBB website and to my surprise they are rating this company @ an A+! I'm taking notice of all the complaints that are posted and it's scary being that the BBB is giving them such a high grade! Has anyone contacted the BBB and put complaints in with them?

• Ga
    Gadel May 12, 2010

My wife had a cleaning company and was doing so well. after she couldn't find and more clients, we contacted CleanNet USA's office in Independence, Ohio. That was the biggest mistake we ever made in our lives. We paid them $5, 000 for only empty and campaign promises. Before we signed the contract with them, we were assured by their Regional Director, and we have written documentations to support our claim, that the hourly rate would be “much” higher than what they started to offer us. I sent emails to the company's president and met with the National Area Director. I even told them that I was going to let one of the local TV Stations to be the referee between us. But, we decided not to do that at this time until we discuss our case with the appropriate personnel. If you are interested in hearing more, please contact me via this email, [email protected] .

• moemyint May 12, 2010

give me my money back

Juliana , Luiz Silva May 18, 2010

My wife and I signed a contract with Cleannetusa in October/12/09, with Ed lugo the sales guy, is going to be already 8 months and we still don't get any job for them, they never call, they don't give your explanations, they just want get you money. I'm very mad with them. Don't loose money, don't do businness with them.
    I just want my money back!

• Cr
    CrusaderinOhio May 20, 2010

I would like to hear from anyone who is ready to join me in a Class action lawsuit against CleanNet USA. Someone or some group of individuals need to stop them from taking our hard earned money for empty promises in this tough economy. Please drop me an email @ [email protected]

1st Amendment Dec 24, 2010

Hi Redd76
    The better buisness bureu is a scam! They are not a goverment agency but a group of Con Artist who will rate a company with an "A" if they get $ PAYED $. The scam was all over the news recently and you can find many articles on the internet. The bbb will not post complaints if the business pays them money or there yearly fee.
    They Harassed WolfgangPuck the famous cheff. The bbb told him to $PAY$ or they would post bad ratings on his restaurants. When he told the bbb that he would not pay them the bbb gave him a bad rating even though he had no complaints.
    The bbb has been exposed. So if you complain to the bbb and if cleannet is paying them lots of Money most like the bbb wont post your complaint or do anything about it.
    You are better of filling a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision www.Ftc.Gov The attorney general and your state attorney general or filling a Lawsuit.

• Da
    DANIYA Feb 02, 2011

stay away from this company, don t give them a panny, they only gonna take your money and they will ignore you, i really hate them, they took from me 10.000, and since 2008 i m only making 650, and when i asked for my refund they told me they will take 80% from the money that i gave them .CLEAN NET REALLY A FRAUD COMPANY.I HATE THEM ALL.

• So
    southwest Mar 21, 2011

i have been a franchisee for a year and a half things were not like they told me but i was making sum money but recently i lost a contract because of reasons that were lies or bad business on management. i lost the dollar amount and they said i was liable and cant get it back i could of sold that contract now im left with a few more and i want to know how to protect myself from this can anyone help ?

Robert223 Apr 08, 2011

This company is terrible, my husband and worked for CleanNet for seven years. Our original contract was for us to receive 7, 000 thousand dollars month, we only received 5, 000 we were counting our blessings so we did not really complain. Every company they set us up with gave us great reviews and we still did not get what we paid for. Now we are both unemployed after giving CleanNet more money to find us other jobs. This is a terrible company; I highly advise anyone who is thinking about getting a job with this company to think again. You will be left disappointed and bankrupt.

• Va
    Vanessa813 Jul 22, 2011

I am thinking about whether or not to sign a contract with these people but i am from tampa florida and i am a mother of a five year old girl and i have talked with a lady named sharon from clean net and she has made me some interesting promises and i just want to know whether or not i should invest 1700 dollars into this company or seek else where. The lady assured me to making 500 for the first 3 months which isnt what i would have invested but then she said that after that thrid month it will go up to triple the amount that i have invested.

Jonathan E Fortman Sep 15, 2011

The Law Office of Jonathan E. Fortman, LLC is interested in your story and has filed a lawsuit in Missouri on behalf of franchisees of Stratus Building Solutions, very similar to CleanNet USA. The lawsuit seeks to recover damages on behalf of the franchisees for fraud and breach of contract. The lawsuit is asking the Court to certify the case as a class action. There is NO CHARGE to you to discuss this matter and your call will be kept in confidence. Please contact us as soon as possible.

Law Office of Jonathan E. Fortman, LLC
    (314)522-2312
    [email protected]

• In
    Informed source Sep 20, 2011

You are truly an idiot! Maybe you should do more homework than simply listening to or going from blog site to blog site to get your information. Cleannet does not operate it's system exactly like Strauts. Cleannet runs it's system more like Coverall. They utilize the Regional Office aspect which is owned by the Corporate entity. Stratus utilizes the Master Developer/Franchise concept more like Jan-Pro and Jani-King. That's like saying YOU, could become an Appeals court Judge because YOU are an attorney, YOU are an ambulance chaser and nothing more...Your not even a very good one at that since you can't pay your child support on-time. (per your own written word on word press)

1st Amendment Oct 04, 2011

To Lying Source, cleanet, jan-pro, stratus, janiking, coverall are all the same there all corupted fake franchises. there all like a judge said there all Ponzi Schemes! Lying Source what are you going to say when all these people running these fake franchises end up in Prison!

• In
    Informed source Oct 04, 2011

1st amendment, let us review where everything stands:
    a) Liberal Judges in MASS (what a surprise) have handed a minor victory to "your side"
    b) No court/Judge outside of MASS has made a judgement in "your favor"
    c) Liss-Riordin has been paid lots of money by SEIU and Big Labor with little results
    d) No Damages have been awarded, in fact, Coverall attorney quoted "fight isn't over, we will appeal"
    e) Your own case in California has been "held up" by your attorney's due to "funding issues"
    f) No one going to jail, all civil cases, none have fraud charges associated or anything else
    Just wanted to state all of the facts...

justice4franchisee Dec 30, 2011

I totally agree, this company is a scam. Their sales department bid the job so low just to get their commission. Then the jobs cannot be done properly so it gets recycle to the next poor soul. The management is no better, there is no support at all after you pay the franchise fee. I think these people have no ethics at all. I think the attorney general should look into this company for deceptive practices. All the franchisee need to band together to discuss their experiences. Please e-mail me at [email protected]

justice4franchisee Dec 30, 2011

I wrote the wrong e-mail instead of [email protected], please use [email protected] Thanks all.