Classic Cool CatteryWill not send registration papers

D Review updated:

Sold pure bred kitten under contract which stated that registration papers would be transferred once cat was spayed. Emailed breeder three week ago with pictures of the cat and the spay site, requesting registration be transferred as per the contract. No response was received after three weeks. Tried to call but no answer, and no voicemail set up (this is standard from my first go round with buying the kitten, the phone just rings and rings and rings).

The last contact the breeder stated that 'ownership had not transferred legally' until she was spayed and they registered her in my name with the cfa. The breeder insisted on cash (can we say unreported income) and a vet checkup within three days.

Come to find out that she has a serious and lifelong inherited dental problem that can't be identified until well after the time they insisted on the vet checkup.

More Classic Cool Cattery Complaints & Reviews

• Co
    Connedbydonna Jan 30, 2021

CFA Breeder Code of Ethics

As a breeder who uses the services of the world’s largest registry of pedigreed cats, I understand I have certain responsibilities to pedigreed cats and to the Cat Fanciers’ Association (CFA).

I am aware that I am representative of CFA breeders in my community.
    I will breed my cats with the intent of improving the breed and to produce healthy, happy kittens.
    I will deal honestly with the purchasers of my kittens and cats.
    To the best of my knowledge and ability I will not, without prior disclosure, sell any kitten/cat that is sick or has been exposed to an infectious disease.
    I will not sell or place kittens prior to their attaining a proper level of immunity against common infectious diseases.
    I will place cats directly to the new pet owner or in a manner that will enable contact with the ultimate owner to provide on-going education and advice.
    I will strive to house my cats in a manner exceeding the CFA Minimum Cattery Standard.
    I will ensure my cats are kept in a healthy environment and I will ensure they receive the proper veterinary care as needed.
    I will maintain appropriate cattery records and will correctly register litters and cats.
    I will work honestly with my fellow breeders and provide timely and correct litter registration information to those who use my cats for breeding.
    I will mentor new breeders to ensure they have a solid information foundation.

Anotherone2 Aug 18, 2018

To mainecoonmom: are they health and beautiful but no teeth?

mainecoonmom Apr 16, 2013

I have dealt with this breeder for 5 years. They are 100% above board. You have to have a vet's certification that the cat has been neutered to get the ownership transferred...you are told that BEFORE you buy your kitten. Dental disease is common in Maine Coons..not something from this particular breeder. I have 4 healthy, beautiful cats from this breeder and all of them bring me joy. I did my research before buying my cats and I CHOSE ClassicCool Cattery over many other breeders. I would not hesitate to buy from ClassicCool Cattery.

Anotherone2 Nov 17, 2019

@mainecoonmom Maybe you are Classic Cool Cattery defending yourself. Same people Anton aka Tony and Donna W. Will never respond to your emails and leave paper trail. Everything is done over the telephone...due to their scam not to report income from sold kittens. That's what they have been doing for years. Anton even said CASH only for second payment :" I have to be careful what goes to my account since I'm on disability".they are the same people that never took any kitten to the vet, they administer vaccines themself. They buy them in Revival Animal Health in IA. Same people sold me kitten with congenital abnormally that cost me over $7000 to treat and keep alive. They never wanted to take it back. If they did I'm sure that would kill it. That kind of people is scum and trash and well deserved all bad things that happened to them. Donna is a wicked witch and Anton a buffer, bit loses control when interrogated...just can't pretend forewer.tio bad they have no Facebook or Instagram to post all this there. I reported to BBB and CFA

• Co
    Connedbydonna Jan 30, 2021

@mainecoonmom Maybe you had a “good” experience 10 years ago. Obviously not everyone has of recent.