Christian Brothers Automotive Corporationfaulty work/negligence

S Jul 11, 2019

Last July, I was on I-25 S outside of Denver, Colorado. We were in the process of moving from Greeley to Colorado Springs. I lost control of my car but was able to get to the side of the road. My car was towed to another Christian Brothers Automotive in Castle Rock, CO where they determined that the wheel that the Christian Brothers in Greeley, CO took off to check the brakes was not put back on correctly. Only one of the five bolts was secured and the wheel almost fell off while I was driving 75 mph on the highway. The mechanic at the Castle Rock shop said that I would have been killed had the wheel fallen off and he was surprised that it had not. He also said that if it had fallen off, everyone around me on I-25 would have been killed or injured.
The Greeley shop charged me more than $1000 to check the brakes and change the oil and fluids in my car in June when we took the car in to have it serviced before we moved. My husband and I had to rent a car for the week it took the Castle Rock shop to determine and fix the problem. The rental car was totaled in the hail storm that went through southern Colorado the beginning of August and we had to pay our $100 deductible to cover the rental car. Our insurance rate increased for filing a claim for the rental car as well.
I am a teacher and cannot afford all of the expenses that we incurred because of this. I have been trying to get someone to address this for almost a year but nobody will help me because I wasn't in an accident because I had the intelligence to pull over.
I worry that somebody else will be hurt or killed by this company's negligence. I have the receipt that the Greeley shop gave me saying that everything checked out. I also have the bill that the Castle Rock shop gave me. It cost that shop more than $800 to diagnose and fix the wheel. Thankfully, they did not charge me.
I hope you can help and make the Greeley shop take responsibility for their negligence.
Thank you.