Complaints & Reviews

Screwed All Subs

The owner Chris should be investigated by the DA's office of Nassau county & arrested! He's screwed...

Poor workmanship/Liars

I used Chrisnic to build an extension. Every step of the build was a nightmare. The salesman stated they do not use sub contractors when that is the only type of workers that worked on my house ( They show up in cars not even work trucks). The framing of walls were not level or square. The vaulted ceiling was framed at different angles causing waves in the ceiling. They installed 4 doors, all of which ended up being different heights b/c workers did not know how to frame pocket doors. The tape and spackle is falling from seems throughout the room. They started in July and stated they would finish by September ( Fired them in November). The Salesman/Project Mgr was fired in middle of job and was never replaced causing them to lose track of the job . They re-used boards from old deck that was ripped down and framed my new deck( took boards from garbage). The siding they installed did not cover original shingles so they decided to break shingles with hammer leaving exposed broken edges of old siding. New framed roof did not match with old roof showing original hip of roof buldging above new roofline. The exterior door does not close correctly. Windows installed in extension were not sealed correctly causing basement to flood during rainstorm. I would tell all to stay away from Chrisnic they do not do good work.

Lousy job and work incomplete

Just remember the name Chrisnic Construction and beware...fly by nite contractors...dont care about your house.. worst project manager ever...never there..they never clean up after they leave...break walls that are not need to be broken...this was for a bath and kitchen, so you can imagine if you had a dormer build...dont want anyone to go through want i went through

Poor Workmanship

POOR WORKMANSHIP!
Buyer Beware!
I hired Chrisnic Construction to do my new extension. the saleswoman was very nice and knowledgeable. Once the project started at was a disaster. I failed my building inspection more than once. The workers damaged my home, the fact that most of them do not understand english did not help. They just did'nt care. Be sure to get everything in writing, because once the job starts and if you want or need something, the price will be unreasonably high. Once they get most of your money, the job will lag on, you'll just keep waiting and waiting. No one will show up, even though they told you they will. because they started they next project and you're not important.
I strongly recommend to use a reputable builder.

Excellent work

love my new kitchen that was done by Chrisnic Construction. I didnt think it would ever be possible to transform a small dingy, dated kitchen into a beautifully striking one. Also to my surprise the way it was designed makes it look so much larger. That credit goes to Joe Militello.When Joe described what could be done I thought this could never be possible. Also I would be remiss if I didnt mention Donnie the Project manager. I really dont know what I would have done without him. As we all know, whenever any major work is done in a house there always seems to be some amount of chaos. He really helped save my sanity. He really looks out for the clients and is a very caring and considerate person. I appreciate everything Chrisnic has done! - Elaine

Garbage

Chrisnic suck!! Took too long to do my bathroom over. The PM juinor sucks!! They probably have their own people write good things under all the bad things!! The true only good thing is all the subs. They are good people!! Also the only good 1 in the company is a gentlemen by the name of Don!! Request him to handle everything if u must use them!! All and all they are GARBAGE!!

Awful Job

So we needed to remodel our bathroom. It had been a mess for 25 years without being remodeled. Great...

Horrible experience using them

Chrisnic just moved from Seaford to Bellmore and apparently changed their name to Kitchen Bath Distributors.

For good reasons I'm sure.

Amatuer low- brow operation, Unreliable, not timely, shoddy workmanship, Don't stand behind their work.

Uses subcontractors, even though they say they don't.

The "Keystone Cops" of construction!

Horrible experience using them.

Beware!

Installed high end countertop crooked.

Damaged other rooms during rip-out

Faucet installed incorrectly

Overcharged for material ect ect

Over 18 mos- probklem not rectified.

Still has the gall to demand full payment!

A totally stressful and terrible experience and would tell all to avoid them at all costs..

• Mr
    Mr. riped off Jul 18, 2013

You are wright they are the worst companyI have ever had the misfortune to deal with.They just hire day workers and thats the best I could say about them.

• Co
    conigs24 Aug 14, 2015

chrisnic construction is the worst company i have ever dealt with. No respect for your home, wil destroy whatever is in their way. do no show up when they say they will.Very poor quaility workmanship, everything was done wrong. When we refused to pay until the job was completed he walked out on the job. Went to consumer affairs to report him and we were told to get on line because of all the other complaints against him. Beware DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, You will have nothing but stress!

Shoddy workmanship

For good reasons I'm sure.

Use subcontractors, even though they say they don't.

The "Keystone Cops" of construction!

Horrible experience using them.

Beware!

• Mo
    mongoose69 Apr 27, 2010

Interesting that this same (wording almost exact) nasty review was posted around the same time under a different name. I can't speak for Chrisnic's quality but I do know all of these contractors are cut throats who will slander each other every chance they get.

Check references of people who have actually used the vendor. They will gladly share their experience and a reputable vendor will always supply references.

• Bi
    BillyRant Aug 22, 2010

In process of having a dormer installed...will have full review when complete. After 3 weeks into it, no complaints.

• Wi
    wisperu Jan 10, 2011

I agree. I also had a very bad experience with Chrisnic Construction. On Day 1, they cracked my driveway severly, it's 8 months later and it is still not fixed. On day6, the tarp blew off my roof, leaving my 1st floor with severe water damage. My building inspection failed numberous times. They actually enclosed a gasoline can in my new staircase. the walls were framed crooket, tile work was crooket, windows were installed incorrectly.
    Dave the manager will let you believe things will get done, but it never does.
    The owner is a hot head, they are real quick to collect your money, but the project couldn't go any slower.
    I would actually call the office in tears daily, but nothing would get done.
    Some of the workers have no respect for your home. If the price is right, still don't use them. it will cost you more in the end.

• Bi
    BillyRant Jul 14, 2011

One year later...AWESOME job! Workers were excellent, prompt and courteous. Would definitely reccommend them...in fact, I have. Any problems that arose(all minor) they took care of right away. The above complaints had to come from competing contractors. They are professional and trustworthy. If you need proof, call them and they can show you my house!

• De
    deechdaniels Mar 23, 2012

BEWARE ...once i signed the contract all of a sudden the week of the work we agreed on changed to two weeks later. their guys came and were very nice guys, but were all handymen, definately not licensed. i could overhear them complaining about the Chrisnic company. the project took a week as promised. it seemed like everyday i had to remind the different guys who came what the plan was. nobody really knew what was going on. i just wanted to hire somebody and not have to worry about shortcuts!!! for example, they sheetrocked over my central air vent one day and i had to remind the different guys who came the next day to cut a hole for it, i heard them complaining about it and good thing i told them about it. the electrician came and had his helper do the work while he left and went to another job. the tile work was done by the "master" tile guys helpers while he also left to go to another job. i had to correct the tile guys cause they were tiling areas very sloppy and i had to wind up grouting the spots they missed after they were done. if i wanted rookies to do the work, i could have just had anyone in the yellow pages do it. but i thought i was dealing with professionals. they definately use subcontractors, guys were showing up here in different company vans. they also provided the mouldings, when they put the mouldings up they looked like they were all scratched up and sitting in a garage somewhere. they didnt even remove the blue tape. i mean at least try to make it look nice. when the project was done they left the dumpster in my driveway for approx two weeks after the job was done after numerous calls to remove. lastly, the project looks ok. i, think it would have looked better if i subbed it out myself, but i didnt have time to do that so i guess its my fault. Like i said before everybody was very nice but i see mistakes everytime i walk into the room. i just dont have the energy to call them back to fix anything. Definately would never use them again!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices